It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals- I want your solutions to the migrant caravan situation.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill

originally posted by: Kryties
If the Trumpets got their way the refugees would be lined up and shot dead. They have zero regard for human life.

How many are you volunteering to take in your home?

It's a little difficult for me to take any in given that I'm in Australia - a little far to walk for them.

What efforts have you taken to this point to ensure those in the caravan have ample supplies to make it safely?

What has this got to do with my previous comment?

Where do you plan to meet this caravan, once they arrive at the border, to hand out food supplies and water you purchased with your own funds? Do you plan to live stream you doing this?

You have taken a very large leap into "Delusionland"

Now let's see how much you care for human life and this caravan!

NONE of your points make any sense.

THINK before you post.

edit on 23/10/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: JustaBill

He is not even from the u.s but claims to know what's best for Americans.

Just like America has spent the last 70-odd years telling the world whats best for us?

LOLOLOL

THINK before you post.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: and14263

Indeed. I read through much of this mess and you are just about the only conservative to call out this thread for what it really seems to be. I see that you have piqued OP's scorn yet have responded civilly thorough out. Thanks.

Agreed. Multiple posts of "why haven't any liberals commented yet? I'm waiting" doesn't really ring true of wanting to hear real solutions. Maybe I'm wrong. But it doesn't sound genuine.

Anyone with two eyes in their head and half a functioning brain can see that this is nothing more than a bait thread designed to lure "Liberals" in to be abused and insulted, as is the norm these days unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

The consensus was already there. A caravan would not be needed.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So nothing yet. No libs with any answers, no leaders willing to speak up??

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

I posted with what I feel should be done. They should be provided shelter and given their asylum hearings. What they are doing is legal, and should be treated as such. Check my post on page 7.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

I guess in the next sentence you're going to deny this is a bait thread?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

So in other words you plan to do nothing. I don't care where you live...donations are always welcomed for causes like this and you know it.

My points make perfect sense, but you didn't like being called out as a "caring" fraud.

Thanks for proving you don't care about this caravan.

So you're in Australia??? How exactly does this pertain to you again?? Oh right it doesn't!

Your posts require no thought. I just call you out and watch you flounder.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

So in other words you plan to do nothing. I don't care where you live...donations are always welcomed for causes like this and you know it.

My points make perfect sense, but you didn't like being called out as a "caring" fraud.

So you're in Australia??? How exactly does this pertain to you again?? Oh right it doesn't!

I know it distresses you that people from outside America DARE to have an opinion on something. I also know that you conveniently forget that America has put its nose into everyone elses business for many decades now.

Given these things, and the fact that this is very obviously a bait thread, I really could care less what you think, say or do. I shall continue to reply to whatever thread I so choose, with whatever I want to type, and if you do not like this, or it distresses you, I simply do not care.

Do we have an understanding?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Oh please feel free to participate. It shows just how full of crap you are. I enjoy reading how you care so much for these people, but have done nothing to support their cause. So please continue with all your efforts.

I also enjoy how you condemn this so called "bait" thread, but can't prevent from being like a bottom dwelling sucker fish and taking the bait. So by all means continue.

How's that for understanding. Eat up!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
as a woman, a woman of color, and an active member of the community, i have to say this. trump is a racist.

thats what we should do, regarding the caravan. trump is a bigot.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If they can make the thousand mile trek, they can stay and fight in their countries.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

This can easily be flipped.
-If you really care about this caravan being stopped, are you going to the border to fight them?
-How many of them are you willing to detain yourself?
-How much money are you donating to keep these people from entering our country?

Do those questions seem ridiculous to you? That's how a lot of people view the questions you posed to Kryties.

People can have an opinion on something and believe something to be right without jumping up and volunteering for the cause.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: CADpro
When the caravan reaches the border and not allowed to enter the US, who should they be upset with? Of course it will be the big meany racist POTUS who will be falsely accused of hating him some illegal's. Nope...let's hope these travelers can place blame where it belongs; whoever told & convinced em it's OK to physically walk thousands of miles and expect to let into the land of milk & honey.

I think it will end up the way you said. It will all be on Trump, no matter what. I think the whole Trump criticism thing must be becoming stale, every article about him is the same old crap. I can't imagine it would invoke any emotion any longer, unless you are just looking for something to be angry about. I would love for a true journalist to go to Guatemala and discover the roots of this whole caravan forming. It could be a journalistic masterpiece for someone really seeking truth.

It's all they got. Not surprising that the desperation is palpable. It won't work. To many people have woken up. Governing through fear, just doesn't work anymore. It's a transition...human change is often messy. But, we will all heal and continue to evolve going forward.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

From the start this thread seemed to me to be one of those '' when did you stop beating your wife'' kind of question.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

-If you really care about this caravan being stopped, are you going to the border to fight them?
-How much money are you donating to keep these people from entering our country?

Do those questions seem ridiculous to you? That's how a lot of people view the questions you posed to Kryties.

People can have an opinion on something and believe something to be right without jumping up and volunteering for the cause.

Technically, Americans vote and pay taxes to ensure that our borders are not overrun. Many have volunteered to assist with border patrol, but I believe it is way better for all involved to leave that to the government unless called to actually serve as an American citizen.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Oh please feel free to participate. It shows just how full of crap you are. I enjoy reading how you care so much for these people, but have done nothing to support their cause. So please continue with all your efforts.

I also enjoy how you condemn this so called "bait" thread, but can't prevent from being like a bottom dwelling sucker fish and taking the bait. So by all means continue.

How's that for understanding. Eat up!

Thankyou for proving my point.

This is nothing more than a bait thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

A few things I noticed earlier in the thread were interesting. OP would answer one post and then immediately answer another post two minutes later.....with a long and winded reply that would have taken me ten to fifteen minutes to even type let alone proof read for errors. Clearly pre-prepped replies that all to often have no correlation to the post responded to.

There was even one place somewhere back there where a reply from OP was exactly word for word the same as had been replied a page earlier.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Easily answered.
- I've served and fought for my country with an honorable discharge. At my age I no longer fight physically for these causes due to age restrictions, I fight mentally by voting for those who have my interests in mind.
- I have a modest 5 acres of land in Virginia and would gladly hold all I could to assist. I don't have enough tents though, but I'm sure you'll gladly help donate them since I'm providing the land.
-My taxes are my donation. As a citizen my taxes help pay for border security.

I hope I've answered your questions and as you can see as an American citizen, unlike others who aren't, I'm doing my part and it directly affects me unlike those who don't live here.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Technically, Americans vote and pay taxes to ensure that our borders are not overrun. Many have volunteered to assist with border patrol, but I believe it is way better for all involved to leave that to the government unless called to actually serve as an American citizen.

But, seeking asylum is a legal thing for these people to do, and we pay taxes to our legal system and its employees, so we technically pay taxes to allow them to do exactly what they're doing. JustABill's argument can be met with the same counter: we already pay taxes for this, why do we need to go to the border to help them?

I'm just saying that shouldn't be a valid argument in this instance. There are plenty of good points to be made in favor of keeping them out of the country, but using an elementary comeback, i.e. "if you like them so much then why don't go help them!", isn't a part of rational discussion here.

JustABill should've presented a counter argument instead of trying prove Kryties doesn't really care about the asylum seekers. That isn't good form in a debate.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join