It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Great song Fin!

Sometimes I wish I really were an elf, so I could have magical healing powers to take away the problems and suffering that everyone endures. Alas, I am a mere human and quite limited in what I can do. I can pray, offer a hand to hold and an ear that listens. I can give a famous Shed hug, but the rest must come from ourselves.

I get writer's block as well as you and many others. Sometimes words are elusive, but we do at times catch the butterfly don't we? You have expressed yourself beautifully many times. We can see your good heart and intentions. Just take care of yourself as best you can.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You have walnut trees? How wonderful! I love walnuts! Our tree leaves in the back yard are mostly all yellow now. The ground is carpeted with them, though still plenty left on the tree yet.

Though yesterday and today are warm but pleasant, we have much cooler temps coming up soon. Damn I just saw thunder storms for later today. I like storms, but don't like to shut my computer down. LOL

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Greetings, Mi'Lady Elf...

I Must Walk The Dog In This Storm....
Kindly Tell The Dragons I Shall Return Soon

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hi Matthew! I thought I was alone in here. It was sooo quiet. Are you drinking your warm beer? LOL

I haven't had anything to eat yet, so I guess I'll go digging around and see what I can come up with.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Hey there Brent! I gave the dragons your message.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Whoa. There are 2 Brents here? Unacceptable!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio

Greetings, Mi'Lady Elf...

I Must Walk The Dog In This Storm....
Kindly Tell The Dragons I Shall Return Soon

If the weather gets really bad the dragons could always take the dog for a fly round the valley. I'm sure releasing one's bladder will be no problem at 3000 feet altitude. Maybe even probable. Sometimes aeroplanes drop frozen blocks of human waste in a built up area accidentally. 50 lb blocks of "ice" descending at terminal velocity. No #.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hi Night & everyone, just catching up a bit.

I hope my posts haven't sounded funny (or weird). I've been on strong opiate meds for the past nine days but I haven't had any buzz off them or anything.

I guess I could fake it but I'd probably do a very bad job of it!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Fret Not Brent...
There Are Two Defining Truths About Brent.
One Is A River...
And The Other Is A Hill Top...
Just Kindly Seek Out Mi'Lady The Elf Night Star And See Which Honor She Will Hand You...

note: I can't swim and I'm affraid of heights...
edit on 11-10-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

OK now i get it

edit on 11-10-2018 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You get the steep hill and I get the river? sure

Kindly read post again, Brent....

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm a bit ..slow.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
I guess I could fake it but I'd probably do a very bad job of it!

Fake it? There's no need for that! I know a guy that knows a guy. If that doesn't work, the other guy knows a guy too. Mum's the word...
edit on 11/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Reply fix

ETA Quiet in here...

edit on 11/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Our real autumn has also arrived rather late. I recall years out in this part of the country back in the mid to late 1990s when some trees had yellowing leaves in late August. But the past few years it's just not been happening that way. In fact, right now we are having record high temps for this time of year and most trees only started yellowing in the past week to ten days.

Even the birds were flocking late this year, and that combined with the late "yellowing" suggests we might have a mild winter. I'll have to check in the nearby forests and see how busy the squirrels have been. Some years back we had an autumn where they were out gathering every acorn they could find, instead of being very picky as they usually were. The forest floor was basically picked clean!

So I asked an old lady about it. She didn't get out in the forest much any more due to her legs, but she raised her eyebrows at the news about the squirrels then said, "Oh, that is bad news. It means we will have a hard winter. And the birds were flocking early," she added. "So it will arrive early." After a few seconds of thought she said, "I will call my boys and ask them to get some more firewood for me."

Literally the next day her "boys" (the youngest must have been 55!) delivered an extra load of firewood and stacked it all in their Mum's woodshed. I kid you not. And she was right -- or to be more precise, the birds and squirrels were: we had a pretty brutal winter. But when the squirrels sense (dunno how!) that it won't be a bad winter, they tend to take only the choicest acorns and leave the rest.

Has anyone else ever observed this kind of thing, with animals that just seem to know what weather is coming in the months ahead?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Bahahaha! I was reading through the posts thinking what the heck, two Brents? What??? Then I realized my mistake. Oooops, sorry guys! Jeez, I'm not even drinking or anything.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Nope, your posts haven't sounded weird...yet. LOL Just having fun with you. My posts on the other hand...you never know.

Animals have an intuitive sense I guess. The squirrels around here always look quite busy hiding their nuts, but I am not out often enough to observe them anymore to see if they are being picky.

I think it was the long brutal hot weather we had this Summer which is the worst we have had in some time it seems that has delayed the tree colorations.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It took a while for me to figure out something was amiss. It had been unusually quiet for days. At first, I thought maybe after a long night of partying, everyone had simply passed out or were suffering pixie dust hangovers.

But then, after almost a week of straight silence, and Layna bear again returning from the lurker bushes without even a stale donut to show for her efforts, I knew it was time to investigate.

Ever so quietly I climbed the stone spiral staircase up to the thick oak planks that served as both the floor to the pantry and the trap door to the Meat-cave.

Upon opening the hatch I was blinded in blazing sunlight, I was outside in an empty field. The shed was gone...Even the lurker bushes had vanished!

Having been through this before, I recognized immediately what had happened. After returning to the Meat-cave, I called Layna bear into the bedroom where I was rummaging through my closet.

After some mild cursing and worthless promises to myself to organize the clutter, I found what I was looking for..

A pair of Red Bedazzled Chuck Taylor's!
After slipping them on, I closed my eyes and clicked my heels three times saying

"There's no place like Accasia!"

When I opened my eyes again the bedroom was still there but the silence had been broken. The floor boards above once again creaked and thumped with the sounds of life. I could hear music playing, and the familiar sound of friendly laughter and boisterous banter!

At that moment I smiled and SHED a happy tear. I knew I was home..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Oh I really enjoyed your song Matthew! Never heard it before. I almost called you Brent. What the..??? LOL I have a great nephew with that name.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Joe, that was awesome!!!! What an amazing re-entry into our lovely realm. You have been missed! Hugs!
How are you?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well I got tired of digging tunnels all across the lands and rebuilding the meat-cave every time we moved.. so I traded my magic eight ball of scrying for the Chuck Taylor's teleportation Editions.. my hula hoop of traveling is limited to what can be moved by its diameter...

I'm doing well hun, How are You?

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join