It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Happy to see you are safe Wis! That was pretty scary! Have a good day at work Hun!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

That is very exciting news and I am looking forward to whatever you guys are up to.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Fin, so happy to see you finally!
Here is a faery cat for you to hang out with. I know how much you love cats as many of us here do.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hello Timely!

Skiddy, I was paying attention. LOL

Good day to everyone! I will be going out with my Sister for lunch in a bit. Have to have a urinalysis test done first. I hate having to pee on demand.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You should take them a sample from Mark just to mess with them.

There was a story years ago of a competition cyclist who used urine from his wife to escape the doping tests.

"Congratulations Sir, you passed the test with flying colours!"

"Great!"

"If it wasn't for the fact that according to your urine you are pregnant, that would indeed be great."
edit on 10/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Take care of yourself Fin . 😊... good to see you back in the Shed.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hahaha! Wish I could have someone else take the test for me. Like, I just peed, so now I start drinking more water or coffee and I hope to hell I don't have to pee again just before leaving the house. I'll bring a bottle of water along in case. LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I was about to send out the search party. Glad you found your way back here.
It's not for me to tell you what to do but please watch the drinking. I say this as an alcoholic.

To other news:
I had my compulsory appointment at the council's "Volunteer job market" this morning. Full of dread I went and came away with something I hope will help me and people in the area. I will be (I don't know the English words) doing planty things. They have these public children's playgrounds that are staffed by volunteers. It is a secure location (fence and gates that are locked when the park is closed) that is staffed to make sure it is safe for the kiddos. I will be performing various horticultural tasks, mowing the grass, etc. It sounds better than standing around for half a day doing little or nothing (which I just can't stand!) and it will get me in the open air. Rain or shine too but ach, I don't mind the wet as long as there is correct clothing.

I was talking to the guy and he asked me if I had any experience with plants. I said not much, the only plants I've ever grown are the illegal variety. He laughed. I think there was a click and hey, I'm free and he had 2 volunteers that fell out due to illness/circumstances. Council happy, guy happy, and me happy. There were quite a few stalls with different organisations but he was the first and only person I talked to. A good salesman? It's close-by and I can walk there. Due to the seasons it will start in February so I have a few months of sitting on my arse still but it's a step.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Matthew, that is wonderful news! You will be out in nature and doing something good for the environment and kiddos. Yay! I love plants! If you could look up the various plants you will be working with that might be helpful.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hi everyone, just a very quick update. Went to the hospital this morning and consulted directly with the head of neurology. he reviwed the images with me and explained the key ones in more detail. Yes, it's bad, but if two provisos hold then I don't need to be rushed through for surgery, or at least hospitalized and put on a drip virtually round the clock. IOW he'd much prefer to make haste a little more slowly so they can get an MRI done first, and the earliest available booking is Oct 22, IIRC.

The two provisos are:

First, he's prescribed me an even more powerful opiate and I will be starting on that tomorrow as my pharmacy had to order it in for me. It's not the sort of thing they normally keep in stock. It should bring the pain down to manageable levels. However if it doesn't do so by Monday then I'll have go back to hospital for in-patient pain treatment.

The second is that my symptoms do not worsen. If they do, even if it's the middle of the night, then I have to call an ambulance and get into hospital pronto. Related to this, I obviously have to be very careful not to aggravate anything. It mainly comes down to taking things very easy. No lifting bags of cement or anything!

So if I can stay on the plus side with both those provisos I can stay home at least until my MRI. That's 12 days away, so I'll take that as a positive.

edit on 10/10/18 by JustMike because: this 'n' that.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hello

Thanks for all the heartwarming replies

Today i have walked about 20 kilometers or 12.4 miles. I had used all the balance from my bus card and i had to get to places. I will fix that issue in the near future. Super beautiful autumn colors in some trees

At my friend's place with cats now. He left to buy coffee, otherwise we won't have coffee in the morning. I don't have the strength to walk home anymore, so i will sleep on the couch.

Best wishes
Fin

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Good morning Sheddites. Glad to see some people having good news

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Happy to read the good news, JustMike.

Seems it would be better to go a little slower, and more thorough ( with MRI) . Hopefully the new pain meds work well and you have no minor or major setbacks until your surgery.

This also gives you more time to arrange care for Dada.

Wishing you much success on your road to recovery.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Good morning Sheddites. Glad to see some people having good news

Mornin’ or should I say afternoon to you.

Hope your day is rolling along nicely.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

It is, thank you
Are you enjoying the sub-zero temps?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Good news!!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Sheye

It is, thank you
Are you enjoying the sub-zero temps?

Meh ...it’s what is around the corner that has me on edge. Not a huge fan of winter driving.

I like the crisp weather now, if I have a jacket on. The wind makes a difference.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Glad to hear the cloud has a silver lining.
Hospitals are nice when you need them but there's no place like home. The food's a lot better at home too I reckon.

I hope the new meds do the job tomorrow. There's nothing worse than pills (injections or patches, etc) that don't do what you want them to do. As for the bags of cement, maybe if it was all nicely stacked on a pallet and you have a pallet-jack it could work. You're not allowed to touch the bags though!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Wonderful to hear Mike! That will buy you some time at least. You can join the 'Everything Hurts' club that Skiddy and I started some time ago.

With your strong meds, I wonder if your posts will sound funny. If they sound weird, you will be excused. LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Hiya Seagull! It's nice seeing you in the Shed!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join