posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:25 PM
Hi everyone, just a very quick update. Went to the hospital this morning and consulted directly with the head of neurology. he reviwed the images with
me and explained the key ones in more detail. Yes, it's bad, but if two provisos hold then I don't need to be rushed through for surgery, or at least
hospitalized and put on a drip virtually round the clock. IOW he'd much prefer to make haste a little more slowly so they can get an MRI done first,
and the earliest available booking is Oct 22, IIRC.
The two provisos are:
First, he's prescribed me an even more powerful opiate and I will be starting on that tomorrow as my pharmacy had to order it in for me. It's not the
sort of thing they normally keep in stock. It should bring the pain down to manageable levels. However if it doesn't do so by Monday then I'll have go
back to hospital for in-patient pain treatment.
The second is that my symptoms do not worsen. If they do, even if it's the middle of the night, then I have to call an ambulance and get into hospital
pronto. Related to this, I obviously have to be very careful not to aggravate anything. It mainly comes down to taking things very easy. No lifting
bags of cement or anything!
So if I can stay on the plus side with both those provisos I can stay home at least until my MRI. That's 12 days away, so I'll take that as a
edit on 10/10/18 by JustMike because: this 'n' that.