It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hey WIS !

I am not aware of a correlation between dust storms and Bush fires, although static electricity could well play a part !

Road is cut again so should we need to flee ... the beach is a go to solution. Stockton beach is 32 km long and leads pretty much to Newcastle.

Again, no immediate danger, but am keeping an eye on the situation.

Lemon tree passage and Salt Ash residents are now advised to stay in place and seek shelter.

The big problem is the wind gusts are increasing from 50kph to 80kph ... making the fire fighters job that much more dangerous and difficult.

We are under no immediate threat but that could change quickly.

Thanks for your concern.

Taking my morning stroll down B63 via Google Street Map.

Amazing how similar your terrain is to Florida, if one didn't know where one was. The beach does look like a good option if needed. Years ago in Florida we were evacuated due to a fire (from the swamp!) and it was quite scary. The girls were very young of course so even scarier.
Hoping you and your loved ones are safe and those that are trying to keep you all safe. The old saying of "there are folks that run away from danger and those that run toward it", or something like that.

< 3

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gimmefootball400

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: gimmefootball400
Chooch I have missed your tales so much. You are a legend, you depict legends, don't stay away for so long. Those pics are so vivid, well done.

Hiya WIS!!!! So I'm a legend huh? I consider myself more of a myth than I do a legend. 😊

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Managed to catch the 52nd annual New River Train about three weeks ago with a couple weeks ago. These are just two of the umpteen photos that I took during both weekends. Had a great time chasing it this year as this may have been the ladt time it runs due to new policies that Amtrak set back in May of this year.

Seen crossing the train's namesake river out in the middle of nowhere on the first Sunday run to Hinton, West Virginia. The 2018 edition of the New River Train glides east over the New River at Sewell, West Virginia. This shot was made possible after listening in on a conversation between the train dispatcher and a track inspector who was wanting some track time.

This was a shot that myself and another friend had been looking at doing for years. Taken on the last westbound run on the last Sunday run for this year. The westbound New River Train rolls through Thurmond, West Virginia as it heads back to Huntington, West Virginia from about 1,000 feet above the New River at a place called Concho Rim.

Hiya Chooch! You have been missed!

Those first two pictures are magnificent, I can see those prints being sold...

A very beautiful place you live in and experience. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

((hugs))

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Good day people of the Shedlands!

Timely, glad to hear the fires are under control. How much damage was there?

Chooch, your pics are always so awesome! Did you ever look into selling them for books, calendars, cards or whatever?

Chirp, so wonderful to see you!

Very tired and I have to go out later. I need meds and things.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Going out on Black Friday? Hopefully you won't have to round house someone for your meds

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I'm sure a 60 inch TV could be an effective weapon in the right hands. If the price is right.
Or maybe a soundbar, a nice, big one.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Rolls in to Shed, unbuttons jeans, flops out belly, BURPS loudy.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I have an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, and a fancy-schmancy caramel apple pie.

Take your pick of the apple pies, but if you touch my pumpkin pie, Imma have to chase you off with the serving knife.

I'm a apple pie gal

Hope you all had a great TG!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Night Star

Going out on Black Friday? Hopefully you won't have to round house someone for your meds

Yes. I'm only going out later because I have to. Hope it's not as bad as they usually depict it. Last week was a nightmare with crowds and from now until Christmas it will be, so I can't imagine it being much worse today. Wish me luck. LOL

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I'll pick a t.v up for you. It will be under our big tree in the Shed.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Hiya Zazzy! What, no pecan pie? I'll add your apple pie to the list for todays shopping list.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Our woodland creatures are starting to decorate the trees in the forest.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Missed you too Ms,. Chirp!! ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

I do agree that those two photos should be made into prints and sold. Although I don't want to toot my own horn, there's a pun here somewhere, I do believe I should sell them. Especially the last one.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimmefootball400
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Missed you too Ms,. Chirp!! ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

I do agree that those two photos should be made into prints and sold. Although I don't want to toot my own horn, there's a pun here somewhere, I do believe I should sell them. Especially the last one.

I agree with our resident chirper, sell away my friend. There's bound to be a few dollars in there for you somewhere.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I'll pick a t.v up for you. It will be under our big tree in the Shed.

Is this a "Wish List" ?
Well, I would like/want, Three hundred acres of prime grass and woodland with a lake. Stables for twenty horses, and a heated dog kennel. A mansion, a private run way so I can fly you all in. A trust fund to support it infinitely. And a new pair of shoes.
Just put it on Gordi's tab. Send it to my room that I still haven't found.

Thank You, I hope it isn't too much of an inconvenience

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hello you, are you there? Here?
Crap. My time is so limited. Cranberry Muffin are you there?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Don't worry about me tonight guys and gals! Getting ready to watch Oklahoma vs. WVU from Mountaineer Field in Morgantown. So if I disappear for a couple hours you know why!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

I'd buy one!
WV is Wild and Wonderful!

Go the Mountaineers!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hi everyone, thank you and a million hugs to all of you who posted messages over in the thread WIS started for me (and Dada). My operation isn't until after this weekend. Next Mon or Tues, I guess. All being well I go into hospital on Sunday.

I've posted an UPDATE over in the WIS thread, so please go there for more details.

Meanwhile, I'm glad to be able to drop in here and hopefully catch up with some of you. It's after 1.30 am here but I can't sleep just yet, so please let me know if you are around.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Sweetie! I'll check out the other thread in a while. Catching up in here and wanted to say hi! Hugs!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

That's why I love ya zazzy!! We are a wild and wonderful state that even people from Canada come to for vacation. Gonna be a wild night in Mo-Town tonight if the Mountaineers somehow pull a win out of their ass tonight. Game doesn't start for another ten to fifteen minutes so I'm just sitting here munching on some homemade pizza breads.

Huh.... think I already smell the couches burning....
edit on 23-11-2018 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join