It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 184
<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: jacygirl

Beach would be the best choice, there is only one road in and out as we are on a peninsular.

The beach is hundreds of meters from any bushland as we have massive sand dunes in between.

We have spoken to some family on FB, so they can get messages out for us.

I feel for all the native reptiles, koalas etc. that have little in the way of options.

I'm sorry. Your situation doesn't sound good hun and I am concerned.
Is the one road accessible or not an option at this point?

I'm just wondering how long you can manage on the beach without basic necessities. Can you prepare some emergency bags just in case?
Of course it's tragic to think about all the wildlife...I just hate to think of you being stranded on a beach under these circumstances.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Budgie Smugglers - check
Beer - check
Beach (for Shrimping) - check
Bonza!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Yes I got it, thank you!
Aww that's great...good for you for jogging and sprinting! I know there was a time not that long ago that you would never have thought you'd be doing that.
I've been reading a lot about inflammation and I'm pretty sure that it is the cause of a lot of my own issues right now (emotional and physical). I definitely want to try the Golden Milk and I hope I get positive results like yours.
I'm really happy that you are feeling so much better now.

TNMockingbird...Hi sweetie! Good to see you...we are never online at the same time these days. Yes, I'm concerned about our Kaelci and Bass too. Hopefully one of them will check in and let us know that they're okay.
Of course you're concerned about your young ladies...that's not a first world issue, it's a love issue!!
It's scary when they are out in the world without us to protect them. I still worry about mine every single day.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for the always kind words and well wishes. You take well care of our little refuge.

I had a nice Thanksgiving at work. No food was burnt dropped or forgotten. Every thing was on time and every one seemed happy, that makes for a good day. I usually burn something.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't know what it is about my luck and catching these guys running. Just about every time I am over on the Kanawha River Railroad. I manage to catch them running and this was no exception on October 2nd of this year. My dad and I were out running around that day and we heard them switching some cars and these locomotives around on the radio. If I remember right, they put the helpers for a coal train up in front of the local's so they could stop at Mammoth and put the helpers on the coal train. After that, they would just run the Alloy local up behind the coal train as they were heading south.

More to come here in a little bit!!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Hubby decided today was a great day to go snag a couple of early Christmas gifts to stash for the kids while they're still on sale & in stock, at Meijer.
By himself.
The evening before Thanksgiving.

I've been textbombed for the last half hour, lol. I quote, transcribed from the texts themselves, with the exception of shorthand changed to full words:

"Holy s#, it's a madhouse in here"
"Everyone in west Michigan is right here today. RIGHT. HERE."
"Jesus Christ, where do these people keep coming from?"
"I think the store is at capacity"
"WOW. It's actual gridlock where the turkeys are. I couldn't get anywhere near them if I wanted to."
"Who's idea was it for me to come here today?!" Me: "Yours." "I admit nothing."
"I'm in the vicinity of the registers. It's...going to be a while."

Edit: Oops, hit submit too soon.

Anyway, I'm cracking up on my end of this conversation. My man, this is why we do not do Black Friday. The day before Thanksgiving is bad enough, it's worse on Friday XD

As a follow up to this, hubby did eventually make it home. With 2 weeks' worth of groceries we didn't quite need yet. He originally went in for 2 blankets, bread, butter and eggs!!

He pulled up in the driveway and hollered that he needed a little help unloading. That's when my wifely "You went on a spree" radar pinged hard.

He did leave the checkout line and made his way to Turkey Ground Zero.
What the hell do we need 2 15 pound turkeys for?? Nobody really likes them much, I bought a DUCK for Thanksgiving dinner, FFS. His response? "Well, it is food. And it was less than 40 cents a pound...I really couldn't turn that down." TWO of them?? Come on man!

Also, the 10 packs of frozen breakfast sausage links were completely unnecessary, we have raw ones frozen already < facepalm >

The 10 jars of gravy will come in handy for many dinners, I'll give him that much. I don't mind making our own, but...as much as I dislike processed food, it's a little easier and quicker.

After a loaded trunk and backseat's worth of food, he still forgot the bread, eggs and butter anyway. So we ended up having to go back later on and get it < bangs head off wall >

Oh, and everybody's got a cold again. I know exactly where it came from, too. One of the kids' friends, a regular germ magnet, had a cold last week. The girls didn't talk but for 30 seconds at the front door, and brought back a nice little cold that's been knocking us out one by one. Now we're all sneezing and have nose faucets. YAY.

Ugh, and I think we're going to have to go back to the store if it's open now, or after midnight for adult cold meds. We're fresh out and I didn't think to restock while we were there last night. I cannot keep sneezing like this, I'm going to end up peeing my pants (I know, TMI, but they're pretty impressive sneezes)
edit on 11/22/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Stay safe and keep us posted. Don't dust storms "catch on fire" because of static electricity? Something like that or am I off my rocker?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400
Chooch I have missed your tales so much. You are a legend, you depict legends, don't stay away for so long. Those pics are so vivid, well done.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

With gratitude I reply to this post. Again you made me laugh, a wonderful preparation for blissful slumber.
Clock is ticking, tick tock.
I wish I had your skill.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Hugs back, Wis. Happy Thanksgiving too. Should I say Happy Black Friday too? Lol Sounds like a major event there.

Back at ya, can't get enough hugs, and I don't really celebrate the big T. But it is a fine opportunity to tell people how much they matter. As for Black Friday, I like to go against the stream. I refuse to conform to what every one else does, especially when it comes to supporting commercial endeavors and accumulating more "stuff".
Now if they all advertised " Buy one tree, get one free and watch it grow". I would demand the day off. That is just wishful thinking. I can proudly say I have never in any way participated in this hedonistic ritual.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Rolls in to Shed, unbuttons jeans, flops out belly, BURPS loudy.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Rolls in to Shed, unbuttons jeans, flops out belly, BURPS loudy.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I have an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, and a fancy-schmancy caramel apple pie.

Take your pick of the apple pies, but if you touch my pumpkin pie, Imma have to chase you off with the serving knife.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Lol, glad to make you laugh, WiS. I'm kinda sick-grouchy today, so it's good knowing what I posted read as humor and not anything negative

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the photos and video too. When one is addicted to these things they are dearly missed.

Hope you have had a great day today.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Chooch I have missed your tales so much. You are a legend, you depict legends, don't stay away for so long. Those pics are so vivid, well done.

Hiya WIS!!!! So I'm a legend huh? I consider myself more of a myth than I do a legend. 😊

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Managed to catch the 52nd annual New River Train about three weeks ago with a couple weeks ago. These are just two of the umpteen photos that I took during both weekends. Had a great time chasing it this year as this may have been the ladt time it runs due to new policies that Amtrak set back in May of this year.

Seen crossing the train's namesake river out in the middle of nowhere on the first Sunday run to Hinton, West Virginia. The 2018 edition of the New River Train glides east over the New River at Sewell, West Virginia. This shot was made possible after listening in on a conversation between the train dispatcher and a track inspector who was wanting some track time.

This was a shot that myself and another friend had been looking at doing for years. Taken on the last westbound run on the last Sunday run for this year. The westbound New River Train rolls through Thurmond, West Virginia as it heads back to Huntington, West Virginia from about 1,000 feet above the New River at a place called Concho Rim.

That wasn't the only train we were focused on during both weekends. As we were heading to lunch on the first Saturday run. Managed to overhear RJ Corman putting a coal train together at Mount Hope after loading at Pax, West Virginia. So we decided to hold off on lunch and get the coal train coming down. Making its way down to the CSX interchange at Thurmond, West Virginia. An RJ Corman coal train with CSX power on the head end glides down the former Chesapeake & Ohio Railway's "Loop Creek Branch" toward the New River.

Had some time on the last Sunday of operation to hang around Thurmond. Managed to catch a westbound manifest coming through the Gorge. CSX 7666 leads mixed freight H751 towards its next stop at South Charleston, West Virginia.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Hey WIS !

I am not aware of a correlation between dust storms and Bush fires, although static electricity could well play a part !

Road is cut again so should we need to flee ... the beach is a go to solution. Stockton beach is 32 km long and leads pretty much to Newcastle.

Again, no immediate danger, but am keeping an eye on the situation.

Lemon tree passage and Salt Ash residents are now advised to stay in place and seek shelter.

The big problem is the wind gusts are increasing from 50kph to 80kph ... making the fire fighters job that much more dangerous and difficult.

We are under no immediate threat but that could change quickly.

Thanks for your concern.

edit on 22-11-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I'd avoid that too. Long lines suck anyway, and having tons of people blocking you at every turn, and screaming kids, and coughing sick people, and certain items being all grabbed off the shelf and the staff are always away helping other people. I'd rather wait. We have stores here with 'Black Friday' sales too now. Guess big businesses want it to be a thing in Canada too, but our Thanksgiving was last month, so we already started x-mas shopping lol

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

This is just so sad. Still worried about you and all the people and animals out your way.

I wish I could have replied to folks earlier, but it wasn't a good day for me.

Just popping in to say hello and tell you that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Just heard that the major fire of concern , is now considered .. under control .

Those poor fire fighters have done an admiral job.

1,800 ha. Razed .

Thank you all for your thoughts and good wishes ... it worked ! You dun good !

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Here are the rest of the photos from my antics with the New River Train up in the Gorge.

Started off the first Saturday by heading up to Thurmond, West Virginia since we didn't really have an idea as to what we were gonna do for it that day. Forecast the night before and that morning was calling for clouds and rain. Luckily the rain held off until later that night when we got home. Heading east on the first Saturday run to the Railroad Days Festival at Hinton, West Virginia. The 2018 edition of the New River Train rolls through historic Thurmond, West Virginia.

Heading down the two percent grade to the New River Valley and the interchange at Thurmond, West Virginia. A loaded RJ Corman coal train glides down the former Chesapeake & Ohio's Loop Creek Branch with a pair of GE wide cabs up front. Up until that day, I had never seen RJ Corman use their own power on a coal train heading down to the interchange at Thurmond. Spoke with one of the park rangers afterwards and even he said that he had never seen RJ Corman's power come out onto the mainline there until then.

Fast forward to the Sunday of the next weekend after getting rained out on a shot at the bottom of Hawks Nest. With it forecast to be a mostly sunny day until later that evening. We made tracks, no pun intended, for Stretchers Neck Tunnel just west of Prince, West Virginia. On its way towards Hinton, West Virginia on the final eastbound trip of the year. The New River Train is seen popping out of Stretchers Neck Tunnel just west of the station at Prince.

top topics

<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join