It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter #Shadowban Anyone else have this happen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't know. Forgot what my account was and which email I used to sign up back during the 2016 election ruckus.

Only used it to post memes and troll Clintonistas.

Could maybe dig it up when I'm on my PC later.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

So I went to a desktop and now see two posts, but not yours. My phone is still blank.

ETA: But your avatar is there, and yes, Stateside.

edit on 5-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
just showed up...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I don't know. Forgot what my account was and which email I used to sign up back during the 2016 election ruckus.

Only used it to post memes and troll Clintonistas.

Could maybe dig it up when I'm on my PC later.

No worries....I think I have enough here already to somewhat understand the logic behind the algorithm for their new censorship.

I also know now that I have figured out a way around it.....

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
just showed up...

Yours has my avatar too....odd.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

That's why I posted it

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Well, do share.

I'd like to understand it.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I also know now that I have figured out a way around it.....

... target acquired

Think my Twitter handle was something like, "deplorablydickd."

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
BTW, comparing my image with the others, I notice I actually have to click a "more replies" button before seeing any tweets on the desktop.

Does anyone else have to do that?

You can see what I'm talking about in the image I posted.
edit on 5-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I'm not on twitter, but I followed the link. Saw 2 of the three comments it said it had. I could not see yours.
Does shadowban just relate to people who are not on twitter, or to people who are not your friends, or. . .

link   

originally posted by: loam
BTW, comparing my image with the others, I notice I actually have to click a "more replies" button before seeing any tweets on the desktop.

Does anyone else have to do that?

I always have had to. I also get a special "show" button when there are offensive tweets...which is also odd...

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Arnie123
I just replied to that tweet, so we shall see

I just liked your tweet 👍
Same, lol

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I'm not on twitter, but I followed the link. Saw 2 of the three comments it said it had. I could not see yours.
Does shadowban just relate to people who are not on twitter, or to people who are not your friends, or. . .

Well apparently it applies to all of twitter logged in or not. What makes it a shadowban is that I see my own posts as I posted earlier....nobody else can.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Well neither of those tweets are offensive, and I see offensive tweets without the 'more replies' all of the time.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Don't see your tweet.

Double checked. I see the ATS tweet. Just not your reply.

Same here. I don't see her reply.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Most likely the algorithm being all screwy.

I can only see Xue and mine.

What is odd, I push alot of Right leaning material, I haven't gotten any notice.

I'm small beans, at only 1.2k followers.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Im going to say this once...all the people giving a crap about any social media need to get the heck outa the house, off a chair and LIVE. ATS has been my guilty pleasure, but heck once I start working full time again in oncology related products, I dont foresee giving a square @×+= about what any nameless dbag thinks.

so over every pc dbag on earth, in fact...I may just be done

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Hang on let me check..
I have an old account tweeter won't let me delete. I followed a lloonnnnnng time ago looking for other ATS members..

What I found:
At the moment twitter is acting like a fast camera shutter.. it's not letting me view your acct...
Yet remnants of past tweets show up.

This happened to me on Disqus a bit back. I made more than 3 edits to a post.. received a notice that I was flagged for suspicious activities. For doing nothing more than making multiple edits. It actually thought I was a robot.

Edit: not on a laptop. And I can't upload my screen caps because so. ( ATS wont fix the adds 9verlay blocking function click)

edit on 5-10-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This happened because of your political views and not because, as you admit, you've been more active lately?

So, if you open your cmd promt or terminal and send 1000 icmp request to google, and then find you have to solve a captcha before you can access google.com via your browser, that too is caused by your political views?

When your email account is logged into from a public IP address that's not in the range of your usual IPs and you either get an alert or need to verify via a 2nd authentication method, that's also because of your political views?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Well, do share.

I'd like to understand it.

Making posts on websites with auto tweets. You can make whatever headline you want and in the thread post whatever you want.

If the thread title is good enough it will get views. They click the link and read whatever on the site uncensored. Get good contacts that will mass retweet the link.

Twitter cant censor another website...at least I dont think they can....legally.

Now...if they try then it is on that website to fight it because they auto tweeted your thread.

Most sites, like ATS, actually claim in their legal page that anything posted on their site is legally their property.

So...that is my theory and my way around it.

If it works....websites will then have to turn whatever users post back over to them as their own thoughts and ideas in order to avoid massive lawsuits over conspiracy theories that beat their algorithm.

Anywho....basically it would be a pretty good way to put the power of our ideas back in our own hands....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join