It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Wayfarer

No prosecutor would bring this case.
There is no evidence.
With that in mind, one would have to be crazy to punish the accused.

This is not a trial, it is a job interview...

Did you ever have a job interview where your potential employer labeled you a 'Serial Gang Rapist'?

I have never hired an employee that was accused of being a serial gang rapist.
But if they were, I am sure as hell going to ask about it and investigate before offering anyone a position.

Not what I asked you.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: soberbacchus

Those allegations were so non-credible that even democrats wouldn't bring them up.

Yes, it's worth revisiting how Feinstein offered that as a credible allegation:

Then yesterday, June (sic) Swetnick came forward to say that she had experiences of being at house parties with Brett Kavanaugh and Mark Judge. She recounted seeing Kavanaugh engage, and I quote, “in abusive and physically aggressive behavior toward girls,” end quote, including attempts to, quote, “remove or shift girls clothing,” end quote. Not taking, quote, “no for an answer,” grabbing girls, quote “without their consent,” end quote, and targeting, quote, “particular girls so that they could be taken advantage of,” end quote.

Link

Just despicable.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

It is very unfortunate loam, but you are absolutely right

Heck, just glad to see I'm not the only one who looks back on the 90's with nostalgia. A much simpler time, my girls were still little and still had half my life in front of me. And politics were pretty "iffy" but nothing like today. I think we have already lost the things that made our political system an example that others looked up to - things like civility, respect, understanding, compromise and shared culture/vision

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Booker: if I was accused of something like this I would demand an investigation

lol

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It will take generations to fix, if ever.

Unfortunate, indeed.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

lol

Please, Senator, don't keep us waiting!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I think we have already lost the things that made our political system an example that others looked up to - things like civility, respect, understanding, compromise and shared culture/vision

You know I was just replying in another thread about the fact that whether or not Russia had anything do with the elections, you can't deny they're probably very pleased that there is so much vitriol and decisiveness among the US electorate. The fact that we spend so much of our time/energy fighting each other over this only serves to benefit those who are watchful unified eye is no longer upon.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

lol

Is Booker filibustering?

Another SPARTICUS moment?
edit on 28-9-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

I think we have already lost the things that made our political system an example that others looked up to - things like civility, respect, understanding, compromise and shared culture/vision

You know I was just replying in another thread about the fact that whether or not Russia had anything do with the elections, you can't deny they're probably very pleased that there is so much vitriol and decisiveness among the US electorate. The fact that we spend so much of our time/energy fighting each other over this only serves to benefit those who are watchful unified eye is no longer upon.

On this, I'll 100% agree.

Not to mention China and Iran.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

As best I can tell based on what has been "leaked" so far, that is the overall goal of Russian (and probably Chinese) influence campaigns.

What's not clear, given a highly polarized U.S. political climate dating back generations, is whether such efforts are actually necessary.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yeah that's probably even more of an accurate call-out since China is probably poised to gain the most from our lack of unity against them right now.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

lol

Is Booker filibustering?

I thought he was heading towards a Nancy Pelosi moment, one that lasted all day.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

...wait for it...

ETA: ...and he's gone.
edit on 28-9-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Is Booker filibustering?

Barnum & Baily Ringmaster

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Wow! I hadn't seen Feinstein parrot Swetnick's allegations, which were easy to dismiss

Unbelievable, I can't understate the degree of sociopath one must be to push such a patently absurd narrative

I wish I had better words to describe this, I really do. The best I can do is to say In my opinion it feels as though we have crossed a bridge and we can't go back. What does this mean for us, our country and for the future?

How does one have a functioning nation/government when constant partisan warfare is obstructing public business? If only we'd have heeded the warnings of our founders, about partisan politics and "parties"

Truly a sad day for our country. I take a little bit of comfort in seeing that good people like Judge Kavanaugh weren't destroyed by this mess, but it was close. Someone whos only "crime" is giving a lifetime to this country through their public service and daring to hold political views that the opposition doesn't like

That such a large segment of our population is willing to utterly destroy another human being based on their politics (under the guise of a weak/unsupported allegation) is truly frightening. These last 2 years, collectively, have shaken me to my core and really caused me to question everything I always took for granted (like our freedoms, our Constitution and our institutions)

It is heartening and encouraging to see so many Americans still selflessly standing behind our Constitution and by objectively doing the right thing, as dictated by their own heart and mind instead of being a tool for partisan interests

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that Senator Graham really came through for us, in the name of truth and justice, yesterday

What a powerful display, and not just from him. But from many other Senators and even commentators

edit on 9/28/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There are two key problems with the accusations that the press (and the Dems) seem to keep ignoring.

1. TIMING - The timing of this is absolutely political in motive. This should be obvious to even the most simple-minded, but for some reason, it is just ignored, when it is actually THE most important factor involved here (not to mention that any criminal allegation is useless because a) if it occurred it was when the two were minors, and b) it's well beyond the statute of limitations for "groping"....

2. THE ACCUSERS - These women are all not just Dems, but they are ACTIVELY INVOLVED in supporting and fundraising for the DNC. If this doesn't illustrate their motives (in addition to the timing above), you have just taken complete leave of your common sense.

I'm sorry, but just not buying it. I do believe she had such an encounter, but her first statement only named Mark, and her lack of recall illustrates exactly why nobody should believe such accusations DECADES after the alleged event. Certainly not in the absence of any other evidence, when it's just word against word.

To even entertain this nonsense is to set a very dangerous precedent of a "nuclear attack option" to any candidate (or indeed person), regardless of party or truth of the allegation. Of course, that has been the danger all along of this #metoo movement.

This isn't to undercut the pain of those genuinely affected by sexual assault. It's a horrible crime, and I have many women in my life who have had to go through it in their history. I've listened to their pain, and have at least some inkling of what they have been through.

But, you can't just turn this into a political assassination tool. Not only is it immoral, but it corrupts the very processes of government, yet folks seem content to simply allow the Dems to use such a tactic, even when it's as obvious as the nose on your face. THAT is the real scary part of this. It's well beyond a judge getting approved or not. It's well beyond party bickering.

I hope he goes with one of the women on his list next. Will be fun to see what the Dems do with their favorite play taken out of the playbook.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I just wanted to add that Senator Graham really came through for us, in the name of truth and justice, yesterday

What a powerful display, and not just from him. But from many other Senators and even commentators

He did again today.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I said this in another thread this morning:

The left has so crossed the line, all of the complaints (many valid) concerning the right, pale in comparison to the unethical and immoral by-any-means-necessary culture the democrats (and many in the MSM) have decided to pursue.

It used to be that people opposed policy. But the left has converted that approach into demonizing large portions of the American public and appear to have abandoned the very foundational principals of this nation that were designed to ensure the peaceful and equitable governance of a diverse culture of people from all walks of life.

I have spent my entire life believing in the principle that race, sex, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc are never the measure by which one judges an individual, or by which opportunities are granted, or by which fairness is ensured, only to learn now that the party traditionally viewed in modern times as the champion of that perspective uses those very things to argue my race, my sex, my religion, my ethnicity, etc are somehow inherently flawed.

For all of Trump's clearly obvious flaws (and there are many), the left's approach to opposition is a far greater danger to this nation than anything he represents.

I know the world is an imprefect place, and there are certainly bad actors to be found across the spectrum, but what I have recently seen from the left terrifies me.

Until something profound changes in the left's approach, I'll NEVER support their aim for power.

Sad times. Very sad times.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Or someone else sitting with Alyssa Milano...

new topics

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join