It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WayfarerThe ultimate truth is Ford believes she was sexually assaulted, there is no statute of limitations for her to bring these charges, and the appropriate authorities owe it to her at least to investigate and find out if there is any corroborating or exculpatory evidence to be found.

The authorities have told her they will investigate as soon as she files a statement. She refuses to do so. What more do you need to know?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Uh Oh...

'A Tale Of TWO Doors'

FORD CAUGHT IN MAJOR LIE? — City Remodeling Permits Show Project She Linked to Kavanaugh Was in 2008 NOT 2012

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Klobuchar at least admitted it was all about Trump!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Satire:

Jeff Flake out kayaking, caught by seal "me too" member.

edit on 28-9-2018 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Screw Klochubar! Christine Ford could have pulled the confidentiality of her statements sooner if she respected the process and Dianne Feinstein would have advised her of as much if there was any respect for Ford or the process.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Are you questioning her credibility?

How dare you!

edit on 28-9-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
And how can you make the claim that democrats don't want to follow any rules when senate Republicans refused to do their jobs and confirm/not-confirm Garland as anything but exactly the same thing? It would seem its part and parcel now of SC proceedings, wouldn't you agree?

That, of course, is what this is really about.

The irony being the Republican invocation of the "Biden Rule" to justify the delay.

But not to worry, because it's never too early to talk about impeachment.

#ImpeachThemAll
#WeWillDestroyYou

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Uh Oh...

'A Tale Of TWO Doors'

FORD CAUGHT IN MAJOR LIE? — City Remodeling Permits Show Project She Linked to Kavanaugh Was in 2008 NOT 2012

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Oops...
That is one hell of a lie.
Maybe it is time for an investigation - into Dr Ford (I heard her grandfather was the CIA Director... but that must be snip...surely)
edit on 28/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Wayfarer

No prosecutor would bring this case.
There is no evidence.
With that in mind, one would have to be crazy to punish the accused.

Personally, I am not sure who to believe. Kavanaugh came across as quite aggressive yesterday and I could imagine him being that way when drunk and maybe doing something he would regret. But there has to be a standard of evidence, otherwise things move to a very dark place.

I said initially that this should never have been a consideration in the nomination hearings.
Ford should have been asked to make the decision on whether to go to the police - and even advised to do so. That way the police could have determined if there were any grounds to proceed. Even now she could do so and if it gets to trial and Kavanaugh is found guilty having been afforded proper due process, he can be impeached and removed from the bench.

The mess the Democrats made here by keeping this secret for political purposes to delay the nomination until after the midterms is the real issue here. They royally screwed up. They don't want to follow any rules, whether they be Senate rules, the rules of common decency, or even the Constitution.

No prosecutor would bring the case if there wasn't more evidence, sure, but we're not even looking for more evidence, instead relying on eyewitness testimony exclusively. Preliminary investigations (that the Republicans and Kavanaugh don't want to happen) often turn up additional evidence that allows prosecutors to bring stronger cases or stronger charges.

And how can you make the claim that democrats don't want to follow any rules when senate Republicans refused to do their jobs and confirm/not-confirm Garland as anything but exactly the same thing? It would seem its part and parcel now of SC proceedings, wouldn't you agree?

I dont like what happened to garland.

The fact you bring it up it just insight into what this is all really about.

Its about delaying as revenge for garland, nothing more.

The dems obviously dont care at all about ford, or they wouldnt have set on her allegations for six weeks, and wouldnt have leaked her letter to the press.

The was asked by the dems on the committee to invetsigate further, they declined.

This is because all they can do is take witness testimoney that the committee is already fdoing.

What evidnence would they get? There is no location or time of the party. The peiople said to have been there say they dont recall it at all.

The dems are trying to delay, they already threw kavanaiugh and ford under the bus.

If more delays occur, those two families will continue to be drug through the mud, and more anoyomus allegations will spring up that the dems demand fbi inveestigations into

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

That's what it's ALL about. The GOP majority chose not to take up a vote on Merrick Garland, so somehow in the leftist mind, it justifies destroying another man's career and life by any means necessary.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: IAMTAT

Are you questioning her credibility?

How dare you!

Yeah...I know.
As a man, I'm supposed to just "SHUT UP!".

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: WayfarerThe ultimate truth is Ford believes she was sexually assaulted, there is no statute of limitations for her to bring these charges, and the appropriate authorities owe it to her at least to investigate and find out if there is any corroborating or exculpatory evidence to be found.

The authorities have told her they will investigate as soon as she files a statement. She refuses to do so. What more do you need to know?

This is a fair question and after looking into this I'm actually in doubt as to whether or not she can in fact do so. Apparently the debate is the law in '82 didn't define anything not including vaginal penetration as rape or sexual assault (and the understanding is that although the law was changed in '96 to remove the statute of limitation, it wouldn't be retroactive). So she technically may not be able to even bring a state case or charges even if she wanted to, and would then solely be relying on federal assistance I would imagine. Its a bugled legal mess to understand what and how charges could be applied/investigated.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The Democrats, mainly Feinstein are TOTALLY to blame for this. She held the info for months and chose NOT to bring it to the Judiciary Committee's attention.

Feinstein was an idiot for that and the guest pass stunts she's done.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Cruz up next.

link   
a reply to: Majic

Are memories just short or is that on purpose?

link   
a reply to: vor78

They let the Republicans have Gorsuch, but another seat is a bridge too far.

Hence the banzai charges.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I was under the impression that McConnell had already announced that there would be no nomination approved by the Senate, shortly after Scalia's death. Didn't Obama ignore that and nominate anyway?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

Wait until the 3rd one - sheesh.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: UKTruth

No prosecutor would bring this case.
There is no evidence.
With that in mind, one would have to be crazy to punish the accused.

Personally, I am not sure who to believe. Kavanaugh came across as quite aggressive yesterday and I could imagine him being that way when drunk and maybe doing something he would regret. But there has to be a standard of evidence, otherwise things move to a very dark place.

I said initially that this should never have been a consideration in the nomination hearings.
Ford should have been asked to make the decision on whether to go to the police - and even advised to do so. That way the police could have determined if there were any grounds to proceed. Even now she could do so and if it gets to trial and Kavanaugh is found guilty having been afforded proper due process, he can be impeached and removed from the bench.

The mess the Democrats made here by keeping this secret for political purposes to delay the nomination until after the midterms is the real issue here. They royally screwed up. They don't want to follow any rules, whether they be Senate rules, the rules of common decency, or even the Constitution.

No prosecutor would bring the case if there wasn't more evidence, sure, but we're not even looking for more evidence, instead relying on eyewitness testimony exclusively. Preliminary investigations (that the Republicans and Kavanaugh don't want to happen) often turn up additional evidence that allows prosecutors to bring stronger cases or stronger charges.

Its about delaying as revenge for garland, nothing more.

No, its not dude, just as Booker said last night how come Democrats didn't throw fraudulent charges upon Gorsuch if that's their only prerogative. The main thrust is Republicans picked their shoe-in (and lets be clear Kennedy's replacement was going to be a hyper-conservative anti-abortion justice no matter who they picked) without vetting the fact that he may be a sex pest, and that opportunity was seized upon by Democrats just as it would have been done by Republicans.

Almost all Democrats understand the Republican's are picking this SC justice, they just don't want a potential sexual assaulter to be the one they pick for obvious reasons.

I referenced Garland's nomination debacle not as a parallel for explanatory purposes, but to highlight that the mode-de-jour of SC nominating has turned into a circus recently (and that was the beginning example).

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

They're really gonna be crapping bricks when Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies. I daresay that nobody who has seen her talk recently thinks that day is far off.

new topics

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join