It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 28-9-2018 by ausername because: Meh

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Based on everything I have seen throughout this circus, the one irrefutable fact is that Lindsey Graham is a bad mother #$@%#$. I actually was able to find a link to his upcoming campaign commercial.

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PubertJohnston

Yep. For being a colonel in the air force he sure looked a lot like a 1st sgt in the marines....

A2D

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
I'm sorry, but just not buying it. I do believe she had such an encounter, but her first statement only named Mark, and her lack of recall illustrates exactly why nobody should believe such accusations DECADES after the alleged event. Certainly not in the absence of any other evidence, when it's just word against word.

In my humble opinion, these accusations go to the character of the man. While the Dems can be cited for using the complaint to their advantage (though Feinstein did say that the timing of the release was not in her hands, but in Ford's), the Republicans are content to ignore the whole issue in their unseeming haste to stack the SC in case they lose their Senate majority. So instead of a more comprehensive investigation of the guy they want to promote...combined with a campaign that assures them of a win, they are trying to jig the system so as to force their ethos on a populace that may not want it.

So spare me the feigned outrage, Lindsay, hands off of those pearls. Neither side looks good in this sideshow! The fair thing to do would be to postpone the appointment until after the elections, and may the best candidates win.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Wayfarer

No prosecutor would bring this case.
There is no evidence.
With that in mind, one would have to be crazy to punish the accused.

This is not a trial, it is a job interview...

Did you ever have a job interview where your potential employer labeled you a 'Serial Gang Rapist'?

I have never hired an employee that was accused of being a serial gang rapist.
But if they were, I am sure as hell going to ask about it and investigate before offering anyone a position.

That's why I've never hired you...... Someone told me you did bad things and had no evidence to support it. You are guilty.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
a reply to: vor78

They let the Republicans have Gorsuch, but another seat is a bridge too far.

Hence the banzai charges.

And what was the end result of banzai/ kamikaze missions?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Quadrivium

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Whether or not Kavanaugh is confirmed is irrelevant. Sexual assault allegations can be brought against a SC justice (they are not immune to the law nor prosecution).

It doesn't compute in my brain how Republican senators can say with a straight face they believe Ford and they believe Kavanaugh. They are 100% contradictory positions. Its effectively admitting they believe Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford (along with Kavanaugh not assaulting Ford - enjoy that logic), but that it shouldn't disqualify him from being a SC justice.

They are not contradictory.
They said they believe Mrs. Ford was Assaulted.
They said they believe Kav. is not the one who assaulted her.

They are, because Ford said she was assaulted by Kavanaugh, and you and most other here are choosing to say she's wrong but in some wackadoo twist of idiot logic then turn around with a straight face and say you believe her and she's telling the truth. It doesn't work that way. What you should actually be saying is, 'I believe her sincerity, but I don't believe her story'. Its just the optics look/sound way worse to so boldly side against a potential sexual assault victim that you and most other want to have your cake and eat it to by 'saying you believe her story' but that all details are wrong/incorrect (which is expressly not believing her account).

Think you are a bit confused.
They said they believe she was assaulted.
They do not believe Kav. did the assaulting.
So....
They believe Mrs. Ford was assaulted. They said they believed her about this.
They never said they believed her about Kav. being the one who assaulted her.
There are two questions going into this.
1) Was she in fact sexually assaulted?
Once we saw, by the testimony she gave, that she indeed may have been assaulted it led to the second question.
2) Did Kav. sexually assault her?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The man has a problem with being honest so he will fit right into the government. Maybe that won't affect how he interprets the law though.

I would be surprised if he doesn't get the position.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I don't believe Ford ever thought her allegation would go any farther, and she would be able to remain anonymous.

This is one possibility I find disturbing because I know of a real life example where a similar thing occurred.

When I was in college, I was fiends with a woman who claimed a pregnancy and subsequent abortion with a guy who was another friend of mine. It later turned out to not be true, but the consequences of the associated drama had profound impacts on my male friend, who ultimately dropped out of school because of it, and frankly, after 30+ some years, never really recovered from the deception.

When I looked back at those years and consider what happened, the stunning reality was that the entire thing started with a single impulsive conversation she had with another friend where she was trying to garner some confidential sympathy, fully expecting it would end there. Only it didn't turn out that way. Of course, it 'leaked'...and to initially avoid the embarrassment of having lied in this small way (her perspective) to a single friend, she fully committed to that lie that now involved many people.

One of the things that I personally bristled at in yesterday's testimony was the whole "beach friend's" story, where Ford recounts how she first discussed with friends that she had been attacked by Kavanaugh. I'll be damned if it didn't immediately bring up for me the story I've just recounted...something I have not thought about in a very long time.

edit on 28-9-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

How does it go to the character of the man, if the accusations are, and likely will remain, unproven?

No one knows, outside of those who were there, what happened that night almost 4 decades ago.

Measure that uncertainty against his sterling reputation now--and it becomes clear there are serious problems with the accusations.

Until proven otherwise, he's innocent of all charges. Except in this world of politics where up is down, and down seems to be sideways, there he's guilty...guilty...guilty.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I just said neither party has clean hands, but the Democrats started this with the Biden rule.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The FBI would have done the same exact investigation bringing it back into the circus show of the idiots running our country and they would have fought again over the same nonsense.I think the Supreme Court is trying to be used as a weapon......
No one is going to know a bit of difference if Kavanagh or whomever is elected unless radical judges that are exetremly evil ever gets elected.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So much for all of the Democrat's worthless talk. They've all left the room and it doesn't look like they're coming back for the vote.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

In my humble opinion, these accusations go to the character of the man.

So if someone makes unfounded allegations against you with no evidence, contradictory statements, and then someone else makes an accusation while telling people they don't know if it was even you who did it ... and all the witnesses in both instances say it was not you .. that somehow shows you lack character or have a bad character?

Only a leftist would sink so low.
edit on 28-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PubertJohnston
Based on everything I have seen throughout this circus, the one irrefutable fact is that Lindsey Graham is a bad mother #$@%#$. I actually was able to find a link to his upcoming campaign commercial.

youtu.be...

Are you sure about that?

I loved what he said, but after seeing his interaction with Huma Abedin during McCains funeral spoke volumes.

I DUNNO, BRUH!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

In my humble opinion, these accusations go to the character of the man. While the Dems can be cited for using the complaint to their advantage (though Feinstein did say that the timing of the release was not in her hands, but in Ford's),

In my humble opinion (and just general common sense), Feinstein is full of it.

the Republicans are content to ignore the whole issue in their unseeming haste to stack the SC in case they lose their Senate majority. So instead of a more comprehensive investigation of the guy they want to promote...combined with a campaign that assures them of a win, they are trying to jig the system so as to force their ethos on a populace that may not want it.

Investigate what? Allegations that IF they occurred, may or MAY NOT have been Brett, and when BOTH were minors, and even if criminal are well beyond any statute of limitations for legal action? There's a reason for those limitations. It's because its impossible to reasonably prove anything in a case so old.

Forced on a populace? We VOTED them in! Jig the system? Only ONE party is trying to do that here. You've got blinders on.

So spare me the feigned outrage, Lindsay, hands off of those pearls.

What's feigned about it? We should all be outraged! This whole sham is ridiculous!

Neither side looks good in this sideshow!

On THAT we agree.

The fair thing to do would be to postpone the appointment until after the elections, and may the best candidates win.

Fair? Are you under the delusion that life is supposed to be fair? Oh my.... As for the best candidates winning, yep, we'll see after the midterms! LOL. (hint: the blue wave isn't coming)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The American Bar Association wants a delay until the FBI investigates the Kavanaugh assault allegations.

A bit of a twist there.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So much for all of the Democrat's worthless talk. They've all left the room and it doesn't look like they're coming back for the vote.

Can probably find them crying in their safe space.....

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The American Bar Association wants a delay until the FBI investigates the Kavanaugh assault allegations.

A bit of a twist there.

And I want a Lamborghini. I don't think either of us are getting what we want.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's going to be interesting when Booker and Harris go head to head in their bids for the Presidency. The Dem's will be severely bloodied. We have been watching them run for office all through these hearings.

Booker has now committed himself to a belief that things that happened at high school age are fair game after admitting to sexually assaulting a girl himself. Harris will eat him for dinner and he basted himself for her.

I can see the ads now. A video of Booker walking out in indignation instead of doing his job and a slogan, "when the going gets tough, Booker leaves the room".

What a dog and pony show.

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join