It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports that Rod Rosenstein Has Verbally Resigned To John Kelly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Grambler

Reports are Noel Francisco will take over until the President names a replacement.

Any guesses on who Trump will appoint?

Perhaps a better question would be any guesses on how many women Trump's appointee has groped or sexually assaulted in the past???

Trump should nominate a woman. That would really undermine the Democrats' standard playbook.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I really don't feel like that would be a good reason to resign. Trump has lost confidence in Rosenstein because Trump is falsely pretending like the President is above the law and that the DOJ must never go against him. Resigning, the way I see, it would acknowledging these wronghoods.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Correct me if I am wrong but could this not cause a massive problem for Trump.

He can't get his Supreme Court judge appointed, he hates sessions then this guy goes, sessions could lets face it follow shorty so he has all this big jobs vacant going into the mid-terms.

I don't quite get how this is good for Trump?

I agree. It seems like something the dems would want - to pick off all of trumps appointments. How long to get another deputy approved by the senate? And who's next on the list - Sessions? Then Trump would have none of his people there.

If I were Trump, I would pack the FBI with my own people before firing everyone. Dems seem to be very successful getting rid of Trump appointees. Who's left, Obama holdovers?

Maybe Rosenstein said that just to get an idea on where everyone else stood in the FBI. To see who agreed with it.

Really, who can say what Mueller might have done without having to answer to Rosenstein. I guess we're about to find out.

I don't like the the guy but he is all Trump has in there right now. Work with what's there until you can improve it. This way, no one's at the wheel.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If Trump were really that smart he wouldn't fire him or accept his resignation.

I would only accept it if he handed in his passport with it.

Does the US have any Ecuadorian embassies?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

If I were Trump, I would pack the FBI with my own people before firing everyone. Dems seem to be very successful getting rid of Trump appointees. Who's left, Obama holdovers?

How has "Trump's people" worked out for him so far?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
It is sedition when it is part of his stated plan to unseat the president.

Is it? Alan Dershowitz disagrees with you and he is sort of an expert on the subject.

link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Lisa Page, who was in the meetings, confirmed he was not joking about wire tapping Trump.

He should be charged with sedition, along with the others involved.

Grand Jury expecting some evidence prior to indictments.

😎🖐

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I really don't feel like that would be a good reason to resign. Trump has lost confidence in Rosenstein because Trump is falsely pretending like the President is above the law and that the DOJ must never go against him. Resigning, the way I see, it would acknowledging these wronghoods.

How owuld this be thr president pretending to be above the law?

Take trump out of the equation.

If eric holder, or sally yates or lorretta lynch had come out, told canbinet members they though Obama was unfit for office, said they were going to wear a wire to recird him, and try to get enough caabainet members to invoke the 25th amendment, I would have defnded Obamas right to fire them.

In fact I woulod have expected it.

But somehow trump removing people admitting they want to secretly record him and remove him from office is him being above the law?

I dont see how anyhone could think that.

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

cnn is saying that he only told kelly that he WOULD resign if he thought the president was going to fire him.

edit lol: and then two mins later they said that he did submit the paper work.

Kelly probably told him "When the public sees what was in the FISA warrant you signed and how you guys deliberately deceived the FISC... whether you are fired or resign is going to be the least of your worries. Might want to hire a lawyer NOW."

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So if trumps doesnt fire him or accept a resignation, this is proof of something for you?

What is it proof of?

Proof of Trump being as smart as his fappers claim he is.

It seems strange to say that a president should keep a person who hates him and is stonewalling him and trying to kick him from office just so people can think hey that trumps a pretty good guy

Maybe you should take a look at the Lincoln Presidential Cabinet.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: xuenchen

Lisa Page, who was in the meetings, confirmed he was not joking about wire tapping Trump.

He should be charged with sedition, along with the others involved.

I'm all for it, but why is Lisa Page now credible?

She may have never lied ?

Unless we can find some.

😎

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Top me I dont think what rosenstien is alleged to have suggested or done is sedition or any crime.

It is what happened around that that is suspicious.

he wrote the letter to recommend firing comey, then claimed to be distraught about it to the point he suggested recording trump and using the 25th amendment, then he sees comey leaks documents to get a special counsel, and so he appoints comeys mentor as the special counsel

Almost like he had an incentive to pick a person he felt had the best chance of getting trump out of office.

That is what is troubling.

If rosenstien did what was alleged, then he should have totally recused himself from picking a special counselor, and yet he didnt.

I agree with all this, all the more reason that Trump should let him hang around so he hangs himself. It's what I would do but I'm a devious son of a bitch.

edit on 24-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It was also Rosenstein who authorized the raid of Michael Cohen's office.
He has done everything he can to undermine the president.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: toms54

How has "Trump's people" worked out for him so far?

Trump had bad judgement in who he chose; no argument there from me.

Though I am more concerned with his choices actively trying to sabatage a duly elected president than the fact he chose poorly.

And it seems to back up my suspicions before the election, that the establishment on both sides would do anything they could to keep outsiders like bernie or trump from taking away their power.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
It would be sedition if his intention was to overthrow a duly elected president .

The 25th Amendment is not for 'overthrowing', it's for replacing, which, by nearly all accounts I have read by experts on the subject, wouldn't have happened.

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
He is on his way to the white house right now.

I heard he was driving a white Bronco...

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe I and trump are just not as smart as you!

I dont know, I can see it either way.

Certainly you have a point, but I can also see the benefits of firing him, or definitely of accepting his resignation.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think the whole 25th amendment deal is a nonstarter.

Article 2, section 1, clause 6

In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office , the Same shall devolve on the Vice President ...

It says the same in section 4. “President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, ”.

With all the winning we’ve been doing that accusation falls flat .

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone
Pretty sure surreptitiously recording conversations in the White House with the intent to invoke the 25th would be considered Sedition

Pretty sure you're wrong, we'll wait on your legal source.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You think "Obama's people" are going to be any better?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join