It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports that Rod Rosenstein Has Verbally Resigned To John Kelly

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: JasonBillung

I can tell you in advance that this is NEVER gonna happen.

Sessions will not by fired.

Zero chance.

Nada.

V

Why not? Is Trump just going to humiliate him until Sessions resigns or commits suicide? Is that Trump's plan?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Oh look!!! A troll .

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: theantediluvian

oh
so how does that square with the white house dr saying he is not a nut?
would attempting to declare someone "unable" when they are not be an issue?

I imagine for a crime to have been committed, basically Rosenstein (and any co-conspirators) would have had to have an intent to deceive the VP and members of the cabinet in order to improperly influence their actions.

Something like falsifying evidence.

FTR, I don't think Trump is clinically insane and the idea that Pence and 13 cabinet members would actually write any letter to that effect is about as likely as a herd of unicorns popping up on the WH lawn. I have trouble believing that this was anything but gallows humor from Rosenstein for that reason.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

OH look!

A guy who can't admit he was owned...
edit on 24-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Why not? Is Trump just going to humiliate him until Sessions resigns or commits suicide? Is that Trump's plan?

Wow.

I'm speechless.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Oh look!!! A troll .

There are three sides to this discussion. Those who will use anything against Trump, those willing to use anything for Trump, and the moderates.

Just because people don't agree every instance of people trying to slight Trump is seditious (or treasonous in some member's opinions) does not make them a troll.

I think Augustus is right, I'd put him in the moderate camp, which happens to be my personal favorite.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: shooterbrody

oh
so how does that square with the white house dr saying he is not a nut?
would attempting to declare someone "unable" when they are not be an issue?

I imagine for a crime to have been committed, basically Rosenstein (and any co-conspirators) would have had to have an intent to deceive the VP and members of the cabinet in order to improperly influence their actions.

Exactly right.

I would assume that it was assumed with the writing of the 25th amendment that were it to be enforced, people in a presidents cabinet would be talking about getting people to push for it. How else would it ever be used.

There is nothing illegal about suggesting removing a president because you dont think they are mentally fit, even if you work for him Now maybe the wearying a wire would be illegal, but no where near the crime of sedition.

However, the important issue here is that rosenstein did not recuse himself from signing fisa warrants or appointing a special counselor, which is especially troubling given I think you a right when you say

FTR, I don't think Trump is clinically insane

And neither does any sane reasonable person.

Which means IF the story is true, and rosenstein did try to get people to invoke the 25th and wear a wire, he is especially needed to recuse himself from investigations into trump or his team.

He didnt do that, and now the entire appointment of Mueller should rightfully be questioned.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Oh look!!! A troll .

There are three sides to this discussion. Those who will use anything against Trump, those willing to use anything for Trump, and the moderates.

Just because people don't agree every instance of people trying to slight Trump is seditious (or treasonous in some member's opinions) does not make them a troll.

I think Augustus is right, I'd put him in the moderate camp, which happens to be my personal favorite.

Such a tool...

In other threads you bash Trump like there's no end.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Oh look!!! A troll .

Such a tool...

In other threads you bash Trump like there's no end.

Being critical and bashing are two very different things. I've defended him too.

Ya see, if you look at my posts for long enough, you'll see I question every politicians agenda, pretty much equally in fact.

But thank ya for showing us which camp you fit in.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BlueAjah

Says a lot about how they really feel about the guy. Not fit for office. I saw it a long long time ago.

I think we are talking about one guy... not "they". The "they" I would think is the bureaucrats that expect an elected official to shut up and color since the elected official is short term and the bureaucrats have life long careers. Here we have a sitting President that does not want to shut up and color and is pushing back and the bureaucrats do not like that one bit, especially when they lose their pensions over it.

edit on 24-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

My secret dream is that the entire country moves to the center and both parties die.

A man can dream.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Trying to “slight” Trump ?

So you were saying recording a conversation in order invoke the 25th amendment is a slight ?

You are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So you were saying recording a conversation in order invoke the 25th amendment is a slight ?

Alleged recording of conversations from an anonymous source. Fixed that for you.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

My secret dream is that the entire country moves to the center and both parties die.

A man can dream.

Imagine what we could accomplish if we found our common interests. A vast majority of the population admits we agree on the problems this nation has, only problem is we differ on theories to solve them.

If we could focus on where we agree, we might actually be able to find solutions.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Grambler

and yes... anything to remove trump is okay in my book. Dont act surprised. Im entitled to my opinion just like anybody else.

Wow
Only took 2 years to get the actual truth.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Finally somebody had a good point .

Although it was already mentioned when when I said no one can make a judgment without all the evidence .

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

So was the conversation prior to the drs assessment?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Who did that.
Specifically who engaged in

recording a conversation in order invoke the 25th amendment

Source please.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I agree with you that what rosenstein did was within his rights regarding the 25th amendment.

Wouldnt it also apply that trump firing comey or rosenstein is also within his rights, and not a crime such as obstruction?

Trump was definitely operating within his authority as President to fire Comey. What's less clear is whether or not doing so with a corrupt intent is impeachable. I'm no expert obviously but given that impeachment is a political process and what constitutes "high crimes and misdemeanors" is not spelled out, I think it's ultimately up to Congress to make that determination.

Firing Rosenstein would also be within his authority as President of course and given the circumstances, I think it would be near impossible to successfully argue corrupt intent being behind the decision. That said, if Rosenstein's replacement immediately ends the Mueller investigation, there's going to be a political backlash.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Read the thread instead of hopping in on the tail end of it.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join