It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports that Rod Rosenstein Has Verbally Resigned To John Kelly

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I kind of hope Trey Gowdy is appointed to Attorney General.

I would love that...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hell no! Not me. After seeing him sing high praise about Mueller. Look into Muellers dirty past with the FBI.....

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I'd be all for that, so long as people in Trumps camp didn't throw him under the bus for doing what he thinks is right.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Seditious speech is speech directed at the overthrow of government. It includes speech attacking basic institutions of government, including particular governmental leaders.[1] Its criminalization dates back at least as far as the Alien and Sedition Act. According to John Cohan, "A delicate line can be crossed, whereby lawful criticism of government may become seditious speech, where associating with others in robust criticism of government may become subversive activities punishable by law".[2] The Brandenburg v. Ohio U.S. Supreme Court decision maintains that seditious speech—including speech that constitutes an incitement to violence—is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as long as it does not indicate an "imminent" threat.[3]

Source

Maybe learn what a conjunction is is english.

It has to essentially call for the violent overthrow of the government, not using constitutional remedies like the 25th amendment, and an action, or imminent action.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Source

Seditious Conspiracy and Federal Law:

The Basics The federal law against seditious conspiracy can be found in Chapter 115 of the U.S. Code (which includes treason, rebellion, and similar offenses), specifically 18 U.S.C. § 2384. According to the statutory definition of sedition, it is a crime for two or more people within the jurisdiction of the United States:
To conspire to overthrow or destroy by force the government of the United States or to level war against them;
To oppose by force the authority of the United States government;
to prevent, hinder, or delay by force the execution of any law of the United States; or
To take, seize, or possess by force any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof.

Free Speech, Sedition, and Treason

In order to get a conviction for seditious conspiracy, the government must prove that the defendant in fact conspired to use force. Simply advocating for the use of force is not the same thing and in most cases is protected as free speech under the First Amendment.

For example, two or more people who give public speeches suggesting the need for a total revolution "by any means necessary" have not necessarily conspired to overthrow the government. Rather, they're just sharing their opinions, however unsavory.

But actively planning such an action (distributing guns, working out the logistics of an attack, actively opposing lawful authority, etc.) could be considered a seditious conspiracy.

Ultimately, the goal is to prevent threats against the United States while protecting individuals' First Amendment rights, which isn't always such a clear distinction. Sedition differs from treason (defined in Article III of the U.S. Constitution) in a fundamental way. While seditious conspiracy is generally defined as conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of a state, treason is the more-serious offense of actively levying war against the United States or giving aid to its enemies. Another way of looking at it is that seditious conspiracy often occurs before an act of treason.

edit on 24-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The law reads conspiring to overthrow the president is a salacious act. That’s been my only
position throughout this thread. No buts, what if‘s or multiple scenarios just quoting of the actual code .

Are you claiming that under US code that “conspiring to overthrow” doesn’t apply?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Hell no! Not me. After seeing him sing high praise about Mueller. Look into Muellers dirty past with the FBI.....

I think there is a good chance that Mueller actually has a good deal of integrity and he is just doing what Rosenstein is telling him what his priorities are in all this. In the end Mueller might be one of the good guys when this is all said and done.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I think there is a good chance that Mueller actually has a good deal of integrity and he is just doing what Rosenstein is telling him what his priorities are in all this. In the end Mueller might be one of the good guys when this is all said and done.

Well, I hope you're right. But after digging into Muellers past while he was in charge of the FBI, I just don't see it. Also, who groomed Comey and McCabe?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.reuters.com... apparently not resinging not fired gonna meet with trump in a few days

Rosenstein had a previously scheduled meeting at the White House at noon on Monday, according to a person familiar with the matter. He is still the deputy attorney general and he attending a “substantive meeting” in that capacity, the person said. The person confirmed that the topic of resigning did come up in discussions with White House Chief of Staff John Kelly over the weekend, but said the Axios report that Rosenstein had officially resigned was incorrect.
so apparently this was all a big nothing burger but that didnt stop the false reports from messing with the stock market www.youtube.com... so other then that dont see anyhting major on this front for the time being

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I would love that...

Ah , You DO KNOW that Trey Gowdy is a Part of the Deep State , Right ? He was Exposed Last Year .

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So ... anything Trump chooses to do, no matter how irrational or ridiculous is okay by you then as a reflection the power of the office of President?

Nah.

We the People are given several options to rid ourselves of an incompetent, dangerous and possibly criminal President ... the 25th Amendment is one.

There is nothing sacrosanct about being elected to the Presidency.

Were the Cabinet (or the Congress) composed of honorable people, the 25th would already have been exercised.

The fact that is hasn't merely demonstrates the utter corruption of our government.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

If it ain't the most precise LARP ever.

Yep, everyone with a brain saw this move coming no insider info needed.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I would love that...

Ah , You DO KNOW that Trey Gowdy is a Part of the Deep State , Right ? He was Exposed Last Year .

Just out of curiosity, isn't it an alleged function of "the Deep State" that they remain hidden, anonymous, working-behind the-scenes?

Some folks can't even keep up with their own mythology.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I would love that...

What was he accused of?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I would love that...

Is there a newsletter or something that I could subscribe to to keep up with deep state membership news?

The Deep State Times or some such?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I would love that...

Just out of curiosity, isn't it an alleged function of "the Deep State" that they remain hidden, anonymous, working-behind the-scenes?

Looks like they are pretty much exposed now? If you don't see it, I guess you're a statist that's happy with a bunch of civil servants running the country?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I would love that...

Looks like they are pretty much exposed now? If you don't see it, I guess you're a statist that's happy with a bunch of civil servants running the country?

All that just to make a meaningless personal comment?

If anything has changed ... perhaps you can tell us ...

Precisely who you're referring to as "they? Gowdy? Rosenstein? Or the usual vague phantom menaces some folks thrive on? Eh?

Exactly where/when/how "they" were "exposed"? Sources?

I'm not even going to waste time on the fallacious BS that anyone who disagrees with you is a statist anything ... LOL.

PS ... they're all civil servants.
edit on 24-9-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

The law reads conspiring to overthrow the president is a salacious act. That’s been my only
position throughout this thread. No buts, what if‘s or multiple scenarios just quoting of the actual code .

Are you claiming that under US code that “conspiring to overthrow” doesn’t apply?

Nope, just saying you have to prove it. Other than allegations from anonymous sources, I haven't seen any proof.
edit on 24-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

For some, it seems, following the US Constitution is "seditious" when it doesn't suit their political ends.

Sad.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

happy with a bunch of civil servants running the country

So you would like Trump be the "hands on" guy personally inspecting nuclear power plants, designing and building NASA rockets, testing drugs for the FDA, and reviewing every income tax filing?

The civil service "runs" all federal, state and local government, per the direction of laws, policy, and elected officials. Did you have civics in high school?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join