It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports that Rod Rosenstein Has Verbally Resigned To John Kelly

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: CriticalStinker

For some, it seems, following the US Constitution is "seditious" when it doesn't suit their political ends.

Sad.

And for others, their feelings that trump is bad justifies claiming he should be removed from office with theb25th amendment, and cabinet members that dont vote for that illustrates corruption.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: seeker1963

happy with a bunch of civil servants running the country

So you would like Trump be the "hands on" guy personally inspecting nuclear power plants, designing and building NASA rockets, testing drugs for the FDA, and reviewing every income tax filing?

The civil service "runs" all federal, state and local government, per the direction of laws, policy, and elected officials. Did you have civics in high school?

Maybe you're comforable with civil servants "running" the country, but I prefer those who we elect and can be fired when we vote to run our country comrade!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The government is corrupt ... all sides, all the way through. That said, logically, someone in a position of authority in the Cabinet/Administration or in the Congress who believes that Mr. Trump is non compos mentis for whatever reason (innate stupidity, declining mental faculties, disease, etc.) certainly has the right to state that belief.

Last I checked, we still had a semblance of free speech here ... concern about fitness is not sedition.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

For some, it seems, following the US Constitution is "seditious" when it doesn't suit their political ends.

Sad.

And for others, their feelings that trump is bad justifies claiming he should be removed from office with theb25th amendment, and cabinet members that dont vote for that illustrates corruption.

Which is far more palatable when Trump can legally fire his subordinates, which I think he can do.

But charging people with sedition is far different, and carries strong ramifications.

I believe there have only been a handful of cases it was used, all of which people were trying to overthrow the government by force.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The government is corrupt ... all sides, all the way through. That said, logically, someone in a position of authority in the Cabinet/Administration or in the Congress who believes that Mr. Trump is non compos mentis for whatever reason (innate stupidity, declining mental faculties, disease, etc.) certainly has the right to state that belief.

Last I checked, we still had a semblance of free speech here ... concern about fitness is not sedition.

I never said they didnt have the right to speak about that. In fact I have been arguing the whole time rosenstein, if he did what was alleged, did not commit a crime let alone sedition.

You are the one that said the fact that they havent invoked the 25th proves corruption.
edit on 24-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You seem to be suggesting that Mr. Trump is incapable of running the country because of a few bureaucrats ...

... is that what you are suggesting?

If so, we agree in form though not in essence.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Sad.

Which is far more palatable when Trump can legally fire his subordinates, which I think he can do.

But charging people with sedition is far different, and carries strong ramifications.

I believe there have only been a handful of cases it was used, all of which people were trying to overthrow the government by force.

Agreed, i dont think what roesnstein did was sedition.

Nor do I think trump firing comey or rosenstein is obstruction.

In both of these cases, both are legally within their rights to do these things.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Unless someone is TOLD , or just Plain Eff's Up in Revealing their True Masters........Hmm...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Yes, I did say that ... the fact that no one in Congress or the Cabinet has acted to remove Mr. Trump under the 25th is proof of their corruption.

Nothing that you've said counters that ... can you prove that the Cabinet/Congress/politicians aren't corrupt?

LOL. Be my guest, G.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Gryphon66

Unless someone is TOLD , or just Plain Eff's Up in Revealing their True Masters........Hmm...

Another vague, meaningless comment.

Do you have facts you'd like to share?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Lol
It's not like it's a foreign word with a debatable meaning.
Unable is not anyone's touchy feely "unfit".
He could willfully not do something and he is still not "unable".

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, I did say that ... the fact that no one in Congress or the Cabinet has acted to remove Mr. Trump under the 25th is proof of their corruption.

Nothing that you've said counters that ... can you prove that the Cabinet/Congress/politicians aren't corrupt?

LOL. Be my guest, G.

Hahahaha!

Yes we know the new democratic standard, no presumption of innocence, prove you are not guilty!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

He [Rosenstein] made a recommendation, he’s highly respected, very good guy, very smart guy. The Democrats like him, the Republicans like him. He made a recommendation. But regardless of [the] recommendation, I was going to fire Comey. Knowing there was no good time to do it! And in fact when I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, “You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.”

This is a quotation directly from Mr. Trump in an interview with Lester Holt with an annotation to clarify the reference to Rosenstein.

Source

link   

LOL. Be my guest, G.

Hahahaha!

Yes we know the new democratic standard, no presumption of innocence, prove you are not guilty!

... and you wander off into partisan rhetoric.

No thanks.

link   

edit on 24-9-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Double post.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Sad.

Agreed, i dont think what roesnstein did was sedition.

Nor do I think trump firing comey or rosenstein is obstruction.

In both of these cases, both are legally within their rights to do these things.

Comey especially. He wanted to use his position to get attention, something someone in that capacity had no business doing.

People are making a hero out of someone who is making a killing off of book deals when he abused his office, and I'd be willing to bet is setting up a run for some type of elected office.

He sure can fire Rosenstein, but I'd bet that will be met with more criticism. That's it though, just criticism.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

He [Rosenstein] made a recommendation, he’s highly respected, very good guy, very smart guy. The Democrats like him, the Republicans like him. He made a recommendation. But regardless of [the] recommendation, I was going to fire Comey. Knowing there was no good time to do it! And in fact when I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, “You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.”

This is a quotation directly from Mr. Trump in an interview with Lester Holt with an annotation to clarify the reference to Rosenstein.

Source

What does this prove again?

Did the russia investigation continue, and in fact get stronger? Yep, so i guess justice wasnt obstructed.

Did comey tell trump repeatedly he was not be investigated? Yep, then I guess trump wasnt obstructing an investigation into himself.

Did rosenstein recomend firing comey, along with many many dems? yep, so i guess there were many good reasons people had for wanting comey fired.

Did trump have the legal authority to fire anyone in the executive branch? yes he did.

So whats your point?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Just to clarify ... you think James Comey was setting up a book deal and a run for office while Director of the FBI?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

LOL. Be my guest, G.

Hahahaha!

... and you wander off into partisan rhetoric.

No thanks.

Yes, you have the high ground here, demanding people prove they are not guillty as opposed to innocent until prven guilty.

Hahahaha!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Maybe you're comforable with civil servants "running" the country, but I prefer those who we elect and can be fired when we vote to run our country comrade!

So the 2 million plus civil service employees who run the daily operations of the government should all be elected? How often?

You do know that it takes several years to become even a journeyman level employee in the federal government, right?

How long does it take to train a tax reviewer at the IRS? An inspector of a nuclear power plant? A NASA engineer?

You want all these folks to be elected?

Far out man. That sounds like a really common-sense approach to running our country.A popularity contest for who can decide what is a safe drug to take. Would big money be involved in these elections? Naaah. Not a bit.

Do yourself a favor, take some time before posting one-dimensional proclamations and think through the realities of what you are suggesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join