It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal
a reply to: Plzbetrue

Do you have a link regarding a press conference?

And I wouldn’t be quite so brash, don’t want the thread nuked.

Yeah you’re right my bad. Here’s the link, they’re trying to make it look like we’re attacking them.

www.nsf.gov...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

The response, while not particularly helpful, was:

>>Any word on how the evacuated folks are getting lodging?
Not really; I missed the actual evacuation and am currently in Las Cruces. (I have a place I can stay there.)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

That seems to be a more general press conference, though with the timing it could be related. Still, there’s no direct reference to Sunspot. It’s an interesting find nonetheless.

Edit: Further, the topic was introduced 2/2018. It actually may be evidence moreso that NSF is operating BAU.
edit on 14-9-2018 by Fiscal because: Edit.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plzbetrue

originally posted by: Fiscal

Do you have a link regarding a press conference?

And I wouldn’t be quite so brash, don’t want the thread nuked.

Yeah you’re right my bad. Here’s the link, they’re trying to make it look like we’re attacking them.

www.nsf.gov...

?

They had that planned since February and it is directed at the scientific and engineering community.

Media are invited to join a one-hour call to learn about actions the National Science Foundation (NSF) is taking within our authority to reduce or eliminate harassment from the U.S. scientific and engineering research community.

The link in it goes back to the original harassment notice dated Feb 2018.

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with anyone here.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Their funding was shown to be already granted through 2019. There is also a long PDF I read on the pros and cons of closing certain parts of the place and the end statement seemed to imply none would be closed because even the old stuff had historical value and there is important work still being done there.

"We think that molecular hydrogen plays an important role in the formation and evolution of sunspots," said Dr. Sarah Jaeggli, a recent University of Hawaii at Manoa graduate whose doctoral research formed a key element of the new findings. She conducted the research with Drs. Haosheng Lin, also from the University of Hawaii at Manoa, and Han Uitenbroek of the National Solar Observatory in Sunspot, NM.

Jaeggli now is a postdoctoral researcher in the solar group at Montana State University. Their work is published in the Feb. 1, 2012, issue of The Astrophysical Journal. They used the new Facility Infrared Spectropolarimeter at the Dunn Solar Telescope at Sunspot, NM, and the older Horizontal Spectrograph.

Although built in 1969, the Dunn now is equipped with advanced adaptive optics that correct for much of atmospheric blurring. The team analyzed seven active regions on the Sun, one in 2001 and six during December 2010 to December 2011 as Sunspot Cycle 23 faded away. The full sunspot sample has 56 observations of 23 different active regions.

www.spacewar.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Oh, and as for the "guys on the antenna towers" and so forth, this was likely just researchers taking down salvageable comms equipment, newer stuff, before the feds shut them out.

In fact, it was this element which intrigued me the most, and now I can understand it.

Think about it...if it was truly a National Security issue...don't you think there would be guards preventing people from entering (and not just some yellow "Caution" tape)??? There would be black ops guys crawling all over that place! (but there aren't...why?).

They have removed people from their homes and with all of this time they have not told them why, this to me is the big point, I can't remember this kind of thing before.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plzbetrue
Oh yes, that reminds me. I spoke online for a good while with an employee that works at NSO. He did work at Sun Spot for 11 years. He said it is funded but it’s so low they are going to shut it down soon because of he bad ass Hawaii one being built. They will be moving some of that stuff there. However, he’s at similar conlusions. He said it’s not an alien, his bosses don’t know and the one that does can’t say anything but he did say “if this would have happened a few years ago, no one would’ve batted an eye”. He said it wasn’t anything crazy. Order if could be another fake person covering. He did this on public forum. I have every single pic too, uploaded everything to cloud
reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There is besides this a PDF with the newer $ amounts, there is another with the totals listed for many sites throughout NM. You see this funding just bridged the gap, they got their funding it was in the PDF.

SUNSPOT, N.M. — More than $1 million from the National Science Foundation will help support efforts to transition the operation of New Mexico’s solar telescope to a consortium led by New Mexico State University. Members of New Mexico’s congressional delegation announced the funding Thursday.

The Richard B. Dunn Solar Telescope specializes in high resolution imaging and spectroscopy used by astronomers for a better understanding of the sun and how space weather affects the planet.
The National Solar Observatory currently operates the telescope. It expects to open a new telescope by 2018 in Hawaii. This opened the door for the consortium to take over and keep the New Mexico scope open. Officials say the funding will bridge the gap by supporting science and operations for a two-year period starting at the end of 2017.

www.abqjournal.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Where would they go if evacuated? I guess to say how would we find out?

a reply to: SeaWorthy

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Did someone say Neil Tyson was on tv and spoke about it very shortly? Then they cut some stuff? What station was it on, because I’m looking for it and found www.wbur.org...

With no mention

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's been in service for nearly 70 years!! No scientific research facility can last that long.

They did update the equipment.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Mactaddy

Except for the fact that...we're at a Solar Maximum right now.

The current solar cycle is the 24th solar cycle since 1755 when extensive recording of solar sunspot activity began. Solar cycle 24 is currently on pace to be the weakest sunspot cycle with the fewest sunspots since cycle 14 peaked in February 1906.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
4chan is terrible. What is wrong with people on there? This guy was literally there to waste time

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

yeah right on,

here's the image of original article with "FOOTAGE" in it

imgur.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Who is awake i just found #a reply to: Dumbdowned

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbdowned

Hmm, I thought so.. That means either they have footage that will never see the light of day. Or there is data they have, that is either profound, or was stolen/hacked. I dont really know what to think about all of this..just speculating.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Hmm, I thought so.. That means either they have footage that will never see the light of day. Or there is data they have, that is either profound, or was stolen/hacked. I dont really know what to think about all of this..just speculating.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Triple post lol
edit on 14-9-2018 by that1lurker because: ats

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
It scared me pretty good. Im about to dig through whatever I can. I noticed the person in 4 chan was being distracting. He answered nothing useful. My brother thinks I’m a nut a reply to: that1lurker

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Mactaddy

Except for the fact that...we're at a Solar Maximum right now.

That's just untrue. We are not only facing a minimum of a Little Ice Age but quite likely (based on the fact that we're millennia past descending into a true ice age - quantitatively) we're about to see some real hard times related to cold. WE LIVE IN AN ICE AGE. For those who don't realize it. We exist in an interglacial period that has unfortunately run its course. This, in my view, is a step to test the waters of public opinion... to see if anyone notices the shut-down of crucial systems designed to quantify the Suns true role in our existence. It was a rather rash shut-down, no? Like someone had an epiphany about what's to come and wanted better controls on information.

I'm not sharing a conspiracy theory here. The cycles of ice ages are well defined and the solar decline into a new minimum well documented scientifically. This site is very skeptic leaning which is good since balance related to public discourse is healthy. In this case, I'd suggest anyone reading this head my words... take them to heart and dig deep. I have studied climate and participated in the debate until it got old fighting funding-motivated charlatans. This may simply be a move to dumb-down the capabilities of that facility. It may be a complete shut-down but it's not very covert now, is it. This is now viral and people are showing up there against the law. The X-files book in the trash-can was classic. It may just be to throw people off the scent.

Seriously, OUR SUN IS WAINING AND ITS KNOWN. All of the sudden one of largest solar research facilities is arbitrarily shut down under a vale of secrecy!? A former military grade facility at that. I doubt it is alien related but it could be. I've watched, with an eye roll, the giant mother ships supposedly drawing power from the sun. I doubt it's that. This is a political move and one to suppress information and data from us. It doesn't even appear they shared data on a daily basis like The Big Bear solar project. Hmmmmm… I'm sure there are many here who can bring themselves up to speed on the coming Ice Age (whether Little or BIG) and it would be good for this thread... or another for that matter. This is by far the most profound threat we as a world face and nobody talks about it. That is by design.

This cycle of hemispheric glaciation was brought about with the creation of the Panama Isthmus millions of years ago. Before that geological event, there was little glaciation in the Norther Hemisphere. The event created the Gulf Stream which pumps massive amounts of warm water to the northern hemisphere. That will be the first to fail in this scenario of an inactive sun for decades or millennia. Ironically, many regions will become more productive. Unfortunately, it'll be a 10 to 1 ratio. Thing is, this has happened again and again and again throughout time. It's backed by science which is suppressed from citizens because it refutes global warming by virtue of its massive and swift impacts on Earth when it strikes.

My view has been for over a decade and remains that the day of reckoning is upon us.

How's that for subtle

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

He mentioned freshly cleaned floor and mops maybe some kind of disinfectant?

I haven't gotten to the video itself yet, going to wait a bit- but...

If there is NO ONE THERE- WHO THE HELL IS MAINTAINING THE PLACE??? Especially freshly mopped floors?! They should have run into a janitor, or heard the noise associated with cleaning up, or something! Or the janitor should have heard the noise of people, freaked out, and called security, or someone.

Seriously. W... T... F...
edit on 14-9-2018 by wylekat because: Achoo.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join