It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

The guy filming also noted that it looked as though someone was inside of the building with the strange smell, and they had cleaned the floor recently enough to show footprints.
I already hollered about that in a reply somewhere around here. How can the floor be cleaned, and no one sees anyone? It's just... illogical. You'd hear noise, and the person mopping certainly would.

An xfiles book I believe was found in a trash can inside the building with the odd smell. Is this some kind of a joke from someone who previously entered ?

Hmmm. That's.... ummm... yeah. Or a clue. I'd have snagged it. Too damn unusual.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just more speculating...

We know that there were at least 9 employees working there, per articles. And we know they are now telecommuting and continuing their work since the evacuation.

The current video shows that there are still quite a few vehicles remaining on the property. What if they did not drive away? What if that Blackhawk helicopter took the employees to a secure location?

The movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" comes to mind. They gathered up the scientists, took them to a secure location, and took away their cell phones.

After much reading, researching and thinking,I am leaning toward something going on with the sun. That seems like the theory with the most evidence, including the lack of information.

Just a bit of additional info - not sure if it was already posted:
This is from the end of August:
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Over the course of just one day a tiny active region grew to became almost as large as its many-days-old neighbor (Aug. 23-24, 2018). Active regions, which are areas of intense magnetism, appear brighter in wavelengths of extreme ultraviolet light and are often the source of solar storms. Credit: Solar Dynamics Observatory, NASA.

And this is an interestingly timed NASA interview from September 11:
Gravity Assist: Sunspots and Solar Flares with Alex Young

Jim Green: Well, what would happen to our technologies today if an event like that occurred?

Alex Young: Well it could be quite catastrophic and there have been studies by the National Academies, estimates certainly billions and billions of dollars of damage, estimates up to even trillions of dollars because it would have such a global impact on our technology infrastructure. We could see power outages across the globe and in interconnected power grids especially. There would also be impact to communications, but another aspect--satellites. We would possibly lose many satellites.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PublishedShadow

I could be doing something wrong (probably not- I usually get what I want from websites), but every time I've accessed these sites, I get 9/12, and that's IT. Nothing beforehand, and the site acts like it wasn't even online before 9/12.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

After much reading, researching and thinking,I am leaning toward something going on with the sun. That seems like the theory with the most evidence, including the lack of information.

If there was something going on with the sun, it wouldn't explain why only the observatory and the post office were closed in Sunspot, NM.

Here's an update on the incoming solar storm...

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has issued a storm watch for a G2-level solar storm which is considered 'moderate' on the 5-level scale (5 is the highest).

Geomagnetic storms are ranked on a severity scale, with G at the bottom, R in the middle and S at the top.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 14-9-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

The footage will be made public in its unaltered form. Nothing is hidden or kept secret.

Then why wasn't it released when it was supposed to be? I swear, if I didn't know better (ok- I don't)- my brain keeps trying to translate that to "we altered the footage, There's a damn Stargate in it we had to erase- Teal'c's face can be seen peeking out of a spacesuit- but we ain't telling the likes of YOU about it.You'll get whatever crap we hurl at you. DEAL."

I think that footage needs to be picked apart with a fine toothed comb and a pair of tweezers, simply *because* of that statement. Forget aliens, or anything like that- I think it needs to be examined for any evidence of any editing or tampering.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I’m here!!!’nn I thought you all were gone

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I need help. I just realized it’s all real. All the crap I can see it now oh my gosh what is happening a reply to: Plzbetrue

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
a reply to: Fiscal

I also thought that. But, I kind of also think he is just dismissing the MSM's alien narrative. Kind of funny how out of all the theories, they choose aliens and make it seem like that's what everyone is discussing..

Yeah... Kinda odd. Not an approaching asteroid, or any sort of naughty space weather.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Plzbetrue

What's the latest?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Mactaddy

That's not what I meant by what I posted. Man, people take things way out of context here sometimes.

The Sun goes through cycles all the time. That's what I was referring to, not the longer term evolution of the sun.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

How do we KNOW that the other solar observatories are not under strict control regarding their information flow? They are mostly in isolated locations. I think it is kind of an accident that we know about Sunset. It is not like they did some kind of press release.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
They are I can see it now. Today is the day guys. I just changed 1000000%. Since September 6th. Good luck out there. If you want go get in touch message me. Believe In science and believe in goda reply to: BlueAjah

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Cat 5 solar flare coming our way a reply to: Plzbetrue

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal
a reply to: PublishedShadow

So maybe this is part of the footage the Director is talking about. If so, despite saying ‘unaltered’, it seems to be altered based on the modified date you found. Wasn’t there an article about something obscuring the sun a few days back? Something about the moon photobombing the sun?

I saw those- the pictures are utterly different. Could be a diff satellite, but those transit images have a clear, sharp circle in them.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
On History channel
there was a series called Hangar 1:
and an episode about Men in black.
Could they be back in the action again?
No explanation given, everything just puff happened in an unconventional way.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Then why is the place so shoddily secured? I'm watching footage from Youtube of people crawling through the place like it's a mall.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Looks like the thread was infiltrated by reddit trolls..... Back to the drawing board guys....

Careful what info you believe and only give credit to stuff that's verifiable

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yes, I acknowledge this. The larger point though is, the current funding levels are just a fraction of what they used to be.

Look at it like this, these kinds of things are not 'black' or 'white', but rather shades of grey. And, you have to understand how research grant funding works; it's not like there's just "one" funding source for these facilities, there are usually dozens and dozens. Many large research facilities can have hundreds (even thousands) of different grants in play at the same time. They're not all in effect for the same time frame, nor for the same type of research.

Just look at the history of funding for this facility, and how the leadership role has changed even recently. This is a perfect example of what I'm saying. It's not like the facility only has one group of researchers, from a single institution, all researching the same set of things. Observatories are notorious for this! At the really big observatories, a research grant can last for a single night of use, or for a week, or a month...or years. They're all different, and they're all at different times.

As these funding grants taper down, so does the facility.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm watching the footage.

That X files 'book'? It ain't a book. That's computer software. I can tell because it has the 'Teens' ESRB rating in the bottom corner.

Ok.... (.)_(.)

Computer software for the X files (which is alien and paranormal heavy) in an abandoned place that might have 'computer security issues'. That is also getting a rap for possible alien/ paranormal stuff. Buried up to the telescope's neck in dank conspiracy-ness.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Why must everyone "Please Walk Slowly"? Any scientific reason for "walking slowly" and what might occur if you are a tad "pacey"...? I could see "Please no running"...Health and safety maybe,,older pedestrians...but "walk slowly". WTF?
edit on 14-9-2018 by KeithCooper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join