It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

From the Sunspot Solar Observatory Facebook Page:

Sunspot apologizes for the continued closure of the facilities. Listed below is the latest statement from AURA. As we receive new information we will share with you.

The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) is addressing a security issue at the National Solar Observatory facility at Sacramento Peak, New Mexico and has decided to temporarily vacate the facility as a precautionary measure. AURA, which manages Sacramento Peak with funding from NSF, is working with the proper authorities on this issue. We have no further comment at this time.

I appreciate you adding to the thread, I'm going nuts on the lack of information coming in. It's also very suspicious that their Facebook page has only 5 comments.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm just sitting and refreshing top related thread on reddit. Here's one of the most recent comments that I found informative:

www.reddit.com...

[Text from Reddit]
"This happened the same day an hour away. foxsi.umn.edu...

A solar imager was launched in Whitesands NM, which from what I can tell bounced radiation off mirrors to take an X ray of the sun. Not to be confused with NASAs solar probe that was launched in August to touch the sun. Won’t find much info on FOXSI on the American MSM. It wasn’t live streamed like other ones were either.

I can’t find any scientist from the observatory posting anything after Sep 7 and there is also a general lack of any solar scientist posting after Sept 7 on Twitter. Like this physisist (mobile.twitter.com...) who calls themselves a “solar storm chaser” who’s last post was on Sept 7th about the FOXSI launch then nothing more although seemingly a regular poster on Twitter before hand. Seems like they are also suppressing solar related hashtags.

This months is also the anniversary of the Solar Storm of 1859. Here is the solar weather forecast for the next couple days. Maybe someone who knows more about science then me can take a gander at it. Seems like solar wind and geomagentic fields increase to moderate around Sept 11.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

edit on CDT10America/Chicago102018201891020182018-09-10T10:37:58-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

hmmm.
curiouser and curiouser!

ETA:
And it is also getting scary.
Some of the other posts on that reddit thread are scary. I hope they are bs.

edit on 9/10/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Hello Mr.Buddy, just wanted to thank you for sticking your neck out a bit for us all. Dont mind that "sub" species poster on the other site you also are frequenting. I certainly wouldn't take that person's comment to heart. Off the record or not, you did the public a good service by telling us at least that some kind of news conference is forthcoming.

I'm hoping you dont let people stop you from what you are doing, the world needs more people with initiative to find the truth.

As for the topic at hand, I'm at best sitting on the sidelines trying to piece things together like everyone else. Keeping my eyes open and watching the great work you guys do on this site and others in trying to find the truth of this matter.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

From the Sunspot Solar Observatory Facebook Page:

Sunspot apologizes for the continued closure of the facilities. Listed below is the latest statement from AURA. As we receive new information we will share with you.

The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) is addressing a security issue at the National Solar Observatory facility at Sacramento Peak, New Mexico and has decided to temporarily vacate the facility as a precautionary measure. AURA, which manages Sacramento Peak with funding from NSF, is working with the proper authorities on this issue. We have no further comment at this time.

I appreciate you adding to the thread, I'm going nuts on the lack of information coming in. It's also very suspicious that their Facebook page has only 5 comments.

The whole thing brings to mind when they closed the Walmart without the workers being told at all. It is as though the higher ups did not even know what was up.

I can only think of a few things that cover most of the info and both are real sci-fish.
1. Some tunnels under the area being unstable or to near the surface or needing an entry point pronto.
2. Holes appearing like in the show Fringe and something needed to stop their growth maybe some workers are all stuck in amber. What excuses did they come up with when they lied to the public?
3. The natural wormholes on earth are trying to be predicted to use and one is to open in the area.

www.universetoday.com...

For a start, they can be distinguished from black holes, as wormhole mouths do not have an event horizon. Secondly, if matter could possibly travel through wormholes, light certainly can, but the light emitted will have a characteristic angular intensity distribution. If we were viewing a wormhole’s mouth, we would be witness to a circle, resembling a bubble, with intense light radiating from the inside “rim”. Looking toward the center, we would notice the light sharply dim. At the center we would notice no light, but we would see right through the mouth of the wormhole and see stars (from our side of the universe) shining straight through.

www.nature.com...
hellogiggles.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm imagining a telescope pointed up at the sun, and behind it a huge hole has been burned clear through the wall, with a large swath of desert marked by charred cactus and smoldering coyote skeletons.

Meanwhile one scientist says to another: "Damn, I guess it works a little too well, eh?"

edit on 10-9-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In the movies they only use those inflatable tents for one thing.

I wonder who does all of those artist renditions really?

You gotta admit that there is a large difference in a pic of light vs all the imagery we get in the media.

I can not really say too much cause post will be deleted but the truth is out there.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

ATS's motto is "Deny Ignorance"

Keep up the good work

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Stumbled across this on FB, this person is posting about going up there on a motorcycle ride 13 hours ago. So yesterday afternoon? He doesn't mention seeing anything out of the ordinary.
I blacked out the name since I think posting it here would violate t&c.

The person who posted that has their settings on FB set to public, so I commented asking if he saw anything strange during his ride.

I'll update if he responds.
edit on 9 10 2018 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Stumbled across this on FB, this person is posting about going up there on a motorcycle ride 13 hours ago. So yesterday afternoon? He doesn't mention seeing anything out of the ordinary.
I blacked out the name since I think posting it here would violate t&c.

The person who posted that has their settings on FB set to public, so I commented asking if he saw anything strange during his ride.

I'll update if he responds.

I just found the same post on FB. I didn't get a good vibe from his post about his ride to the observatory, almost seems made up, especially the comments. I'm probably reading too much into things though.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Hello Mr.Buddy, just wanted to thank you for sticking your neck out a bit for us all. Dont mind that "sub" species poster on the other site you also are frequenting. I certainly wouldn't take that person's comment to heart. Off the record or not, you did the public a good service by telling us at least that some kind of news conference is forthcoming.

I'm hoping you dont let people stop you from what you are doing, the world needs more people with initiative to find the truth.

As for the topic at hand, I'm at best sitting on the sidelines trying to piece things together like everyone else. Keeping my eyes open and watching the great work you guys do on this site and others in trying to find the truth of this matter.

No worries...it's the reason no one really frequents that particular site anyway. I posted there because they quoted this thread, and me in particular, and was hoping to further the discussion there. I also thought that with more heads in the game we could all learn more information....I was wrong lol.
edit on 10-9-2018 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I haven't seen any mention of inflatable tents, maybe you are privy to some information we are not. Or maybe I'm missing the whole message ?

Could you elaborate a bit more ?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

In my opinion your well thought out post did inspire more people to start looking, so if that was your intention then job well done.

Cooler heads will prevail. The search continues but honestly I cant find anything new on it. A few people whom I've spoken to haven't been back to the area recently enough to tell me wether they have seen anything worth mention.

The only thing I have come across in terms of eye witness accounts, was that of a person who lives near the area who saw two military police vehicles heading towards that area. I found that bit of info on that other website mentioned earlier so take it for what it is.

Other than that there haven't been any updates forthcoming and the longer this goes on, the less we will know. It had been going on for at least a day before people caught wind of it. I'm hoping your source can give you a bit more information if you call back, otherwise I'm losing hope of finding an answer.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
GAHHHH, i need more information on this. It is driving me insane!!

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

I haven't seen any mention of inflatable tents, maybe you are privy to some information we are not. Or maybe I'm missing the whole message ?

Could you elaborate a bit more ?

Earlier in the thread it was pointed out that the telescope is housed in an inflatable house type setup.

You know the kind they use on movie sets when the men in black show up to a alien site...

This entire event is surrounded by the fact they are moving the facility and had classified stuff to move. imo

Shutting down the uspo would be easy one since it is gov. owned.

Whatever the reason was it has already happened.

here is a pic of such "tent"
edit on 10-9-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

The observatory Facebook had an update 16 hours ago apologizing for still being closed.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Double post please delete
edit on CDT12America/Chicago122018201891020182018-09-10T12:43:14-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

"Whatever the reason was it has already happened."

I feel very similarly, and I am starting to draw a conclusion that it may have had something to do with that rocket launch which occurred around the same time. Could it be that there was some type of top secret component attached they didn't want people to easily be able to see.

I like where your going with the top secret stuff, as for the inflatable housing I must have missed its mentioning earlier.

I cant really make heads or tails of it, something top secret comes to mind like I said but that's pretty vague.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

But isnt there another observatory a mile away that is still open?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Yes that's a good point, no news on it being closed.. although I haven't seen anyone verify that information in person either..has anyone called that observatory to confirm ?

Lots of questions to answer, at least I haven't seen the answers anywhere to the questions I just asked.

Perhaps we can take that idea off the table but I'd like to confirm a few facts first.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join