It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

I just found the same post on FB. I didn't get a good vibe from his post about his ride to the observatory, almost seems made up, especially the comments. I'm probably reading too much into things though.

I prefer the mottoDeny Ignorance but Stay Suspicious!

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I could have sworn that I saw either here or on Reddit that someone indeed called the other observatory, but didnt get an answer and didnt have any way to leave a message. Said that there were 3 phone tree options and he tried all 3 with no answer. Ring a bell to anyone???

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

There is no inflatable Dome. Dexter was trying to guess what something was in a Google Earth image. Chadwick quickly posted a picture of the telescope that Dexter was looking at. Pretty sure that was Saturday night, If you want to go back and look.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

But isnt there another observatory a mile away that is still open?

Apache Point Observatory
Really interesting, it does not look to be military.

www.apo.nmsu.edu...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Here. Back a couple of pages.

link   
Def a strange response from the guy on FB.

link   

Ok I just checked and can confirm that indeed someone did post that info. So someone tried and got no answer on all three lines.

Its actually not super suspicious given the fact that the reviews for the observatory in question have people mentioning a noticeable lack of staff there, and most buildings are unoccupied. So it's more like a self guided tour.

You would think with that in mind also that its strange for there to all of a sudden be a huge swarm of "law enforcement" as one local resident said in a television interview.

I find that response to be interesting, he says his friend said there was a large law enforcement response and then he specifically says the FBI. So is it just the FBI up there then ? Sounds to me like a larger presence than just them.

Also it can be confirmed by the locals in that TV interview that there was at least one helicopter, although the guys hanging off towers has not been confirmed on multiple sources.

One would think if this was a simple criminal investigation, we would see some information forthcoming by now, I'm waiting to hear of any news conferences.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy
a reply to: caterpillage

I just tried that and was given 3 choices to choose:

1) I could ring the 3mm

2) I could ring the 5mm

3 I could ring the whole site

I tried all 3. No one answered and no way to leave a message.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I believe it was the sheriff himself that talked about people hanging off of the towers. The fact that they totally skirted local law enforcement and won't even tell them the first thing about what is going on is mighty curious.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Maybe they passed by, saw the stop sign and figured its better not to ask questions ?

They sound sincere enough, that trailing off at the end of the sentence is perhaps a bit suspicious but maybe they genuinely dont know anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yes I remember that part, I guess he would of been the only one close enough to witness that, but the helicopter for sure was witnessed by multiple people which leads me to think theres more than just the FBI there.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

What are the odds that the general public statement about what they do at this observatory is not true? I know for a fact that many government institutions have a public mission statement and a classified mission statement. Perhaps there is more going on at this place than just a solar observatory? I am trying to run thru all the scenarios as to why this particular activity has happened the way it did, and I am just coming up blank. This cannot just be some run of the mill B.S. Why all the secrecy and evacuations??

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The observatory gets pics that contain only light.

We receive beautiful "renditions" of what they claim to be in the light.

I propose that there is some type of machine or BEING that is able to view such light and output valid pictures of what is in the light.

It would be pretty awesome to be able to look up at the stars and get a close up view of what you are looking out instead of just a bunch of light. Think of it like how if you look at a projector running you only see the light but what if your mind was able to process that light and give you an image in your mind of what is being put on the screen.

Such would be kept underground and held with great secrecy and only be moved when no one is looking.

It was verified in the thread that the people working at the place were already moved and the day the story broke men were spotted working on antennae arrays and such. Likely moving them of simply disabling them.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: howtonhawky

There is no inflatable Dome. Dexter was trying to guess what something was in a Google Earth image. Chadwick quickly posted a picture of the telescope that Dexter was looking at. Pretty sure that was Saturday night, If you want to go back and look.

The dome in the middle of the pic is what i am referring too. It is inflatable and one of the members you mentioned put up a link to the dome company that makes them.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You have a PM

link   

I keep on thinking it could also possibly be a criminal investigation regarding illegal activity in the area..the reason for this is that it does seem as though the people were not forced to leave. In a statement by the university it says the staff opted to leave.

This doesn't entirely coincide with the local reports however it draws less from speculation and more on real types of events. It's not likely some type of chemical spill of sorts because no one has mentioned seeing hazmat type vehicles, suits etc.

Maybe a toxic substance sent in the mail ? I know these are all conclusions people have brought forth before but we have to focus on the things that make sense about this. Things that repeat in each story, patterns. That's the only way to solve this without any more information.

link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Yeah, he found an alien!

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The problem is people do all kinds of crap like this to their photos these days...is it a message or is it bullcrap ?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It was stated the scope sits on many tons of mercury .. could a large or dirty bomb create a large cloud of mercury gas and drift and contaminate a large area ?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join