It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Wow thanks! great information.

+31 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
OK.....I just went for the gusto. I called the news station KVIA News 7 which is the outlet that first reported this story and they were more than willing to speak to me as a writer for Science Monthly Online.

The first guy I spoke with gave me the name of the reporter handling the story. His name is Maricio Castiles and he agreed to speak with me right then!

He told me that he has been up there every day since the helicopters and FBI were spotted. At present, the whole area is cordoned off and no one is allowed anywhere near the place. FBI vehicles are blocking all entry points to the observatory itself and according to a source of his, no one is allowed to speak to the press.

He seemed very perturbed by the notion that something was happening in his jurisdiction and he could get no answers. I asked him if any residents had been evacuated and he told me that only select ones were but had no other information on who specifically. I then asked if the residents were just civilians or people that worked at the observatory and again, he had no information on that.

I asked him if the FBI gave him any information as to what was happening and he said that he has called the FBI multiple times and they always refer him to the University with questions. When he calls the University to inquire about what is happening, they refer him back to the FBI. He flatly said that this is highly unusual and that he has never been stonewalled like this.

I asked him about the Sheriffs office and if they knew what was going on. He told me that he has spoken to the Sheriff multiple times and that the Sheriffs assures him that the FBI will not tell him anything either.

Mr. Castiles also told me that he has a friend with another station out of Albuquerque, NM that has come to Sunspot to inquire and that he has received calls from all the major networks seeking information. So it appears that people are starting to notice the happenings at Sunspot.

At the end of the conversation, he told me what followed was off the record and I agreed. He said that a source within the FBI told him that early this week there will be a press conference from....someone, regarding what's happening. I pressed him a bit as to whether this would be just some local press conference or a far larger one, he said only that it would be bigger than just local but that was all the information he had.

The best part is that he told me that I could call him back tomorrow and perhaps he would have more information. Got his number right to his desk to bypass the gate-keeper.

I ended the conversation by asking for his assurance that he would be on top of this story and he replied that there was no way he would stop until he got the answers. He seemed like a very good reporter to me and never once did he try to get me off the phone. In fact, he seemed glad that other people were interested. I told him that there were many people interested and thanked him for his diligence.

I will certainly call him tomorrow if there's no press conference and then post everything here

edit on 9-9-2018 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I don't see a designated emergency helicopter landing area. Also, where are the antennas and '8 tons of mercury' located?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Now this is what I call follow up!

Way to go!

I might've told him where I was from and given him a link to my post history, but I understand that not everyone would feel comfortable doing so as it might dissuade the reporter inquestion from freely speaking with them.

Major kudos, thanks, and appreciation to you good sir and a tip of the hat.

Will definitely be interested in what more you're able to learn.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Oh....I just thought of another little bit of info we chatted about. He mentioned that at the observatory, there are dormitories that are used for staff. These are all seemingly empty now. I asked him if he had any information on the whereabouts of the people that used to be housed in these dormitories or anyone else that had been evacuated and he said that the FBI refused to give him that information also.

I asked him if he had spoken to any of the residents regarding what was happening and he assured me that he has spoken to all of them and not one seems to know anything.

I asked him to take a guess as to where the "missing" people were and he flatly told me that not he, nor anyone else working this story has the slightest idea.

Ok, I think that's all the info he gave. Sorry for the randomness but I was scribbling notes furiously and then had to go back and put them in some kind of order to type here.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
ET was kind enough to let the Feds know that they have a need for a significant quantity of mercury.
Both sides are playing nice, seeing as how we can't stop them from taking it and they don't want publicity.
It works out good for both side.
To explain the mercury loss, the Feds will eventually claim there is a leak.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Great research. Maybe a few days into the week something will be released. If a threat, it must not be a threat to any where but the actual site.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Very impressive initiative you've taken here, bravo!

This just makes the whole thing more interesting. I think we can all agree this is not a normal situation in the least. I wonder if tomorrow there might possibly be more info available from the university since it would be a weekday? Though, given the alleged press conference I would imagine the only real answers anyone will get would be from that... If there are even real answers given then either.

This is all so bizarre, but surely there is a logical explination for all of this. The fbi presence in itself makes it more puzzling. Strange...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
17 mins ·
Sunspot apologies for the continued closure of the facilities. Listed below is the latest statement from AURA. As we receive new information we will share with you.
The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) is addressing a security issue at the National Solar Observatory facility at Sacramento Peak, New Mexico and has decided to temporarily vacate the facility as a precautionary measure. AURA, which manages Sacramento Peak with funding from NSF, is working with the proper authorities on this issue. We have no further comment at this time.

This was just posted on their FB page less than 20 minutes ago...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I always thought that Sheriffs had to at least be informed when Feds enter their jurisdiction. The fact that they just showed up and haven't told the Sheriff anything is definitely strange.

Also, good work Mr. Buddy

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Security issue. Can't be a couple of broken locks. Someone threaten to shoot the place up? Seems unlikely.

Maybe upset aliens roaming the halls now.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I found this..

Tomorrow's second sounding-rocket launch will take off from the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico, and will also be the third flight of its technology, called the Focusing Optics X-Ray Solar Imager (FOXSI).

FOXSI will reach a height of 190 miles (300 kilometers), where it will gather X-ray data about the sun. That type of light can help tell scientists what's happening to make the sun's outer atmosphere so incredibly hot — millions of degrees in either Fahrenheit or Celsius. It will also let scientists study nanoflares — tiny but extremely powerful bursts of energy within the sun that they suspect of being responsible for all that heat.

This flight, FOXSI's third, will gather data on a wider range of X-rays than its previous flights in 2012 and 2014 have, which means scientists can more precisely gauge temperatures on the sun.

The launch window will open at 11:15 a.m. local time (1:15 p.m. EDT; 1715 GMT), but FOXSI's flight is not being livestreamed.

edit on 9-9-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy
OK.....I just went for the gusto. I called the news station KVIA News 7 which is the outlet that first reported this story and they were more than willing to speak to me as a writer for Science Monthly Online.

The first guy I spoke with gave me the name of the reporter handling the story. His name is Maricio Castiles and he agreed to speak with me right then!

He told me that he has been up there every day since the helicopters and FBI were spotted. At present, the whole area is cordoned off and no one is allowed anywhere near the place. FBI vehicles are blocking all entry points to the observatory itself and according to a source of his, no one is allowed to speak to the press.

He seemed very perturbed by the notion that something was happening in his jurisdiction and he could get no answers. I asked him if any residents had been evacuated and he told me that only select ones were but had no other information on who specifically. I then asked if the residents were just civilians or people that worked at the observatory and again, he had no information on that.

I asked him if the FBI gave him any information as to what was happening and he said that he has called the FBI multiple times and they always refer him to the University with questions. When he calls the University to inquire about what is happening, they refer him back to the FBI. He flatly said that this is highly unusual and that he has never been stonewalled like this.

I asked him about the Sheriffs office and if they knew what was going on. He told me that he has spoken to the Sheriff multiple times and that the Sheriffs assures him that the FBI will not tell him anything either.

Mr. Castiles also told me that he has a friend with another station out of Albuquerque, NM that has come to Sunspot to inquire and that he has received calls from all the major networks seeking information. So it appears that people are starting to notice the happenings at Sunspot.

At the end of the conversation, he told me what followed was off the record and I agreed. He said that a source within the FBI told him that early this week there will be a press conference from....someone, regarding what's happening. I pressed him a bit as to whether this would be just some local press conference or a far larger one, he said only that it would be bigger than just local but that was all the information he had.

The best part is that he told me that I could call him back tomorrow and perhaps he would have more information. Got his number right to his desk to bypass the gate-keeper.

I ended the conversation by asking for his assurance that he would be on top of this story and he replied that there was no way he would stop until he got the answers. He seemed like a very good reporter to me and never once did he try to get me off the phone. In fact, he seemed glad that other people were interested. I told him that there were many people interested and thanked him for his diligence.

I will certainly call him tomorrow if there's no press conference and then post everything here

I jusrt want to say thank you very much for all your effort in finding something out about this!! thank you!!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
link to image: pbs.twimg.com...
link to image: pbs.twimg.com...
A transequatorial coronal hole is facing Earth. Enhanced solar wind could arrive in ~3 days. Follow live on www.spaceweather.live...

www.nso.edu...

Sun Spot Catastrophe warning ???
edit on 9-9-2018 by Plotus because: hmmmm

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
Best response I've seen on the web..."Meth Lab".

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Seems like someone wants to use that facility to do something and they want to totally control who is present when they do it, so they evacuate everyone else in the vicinity that might see something.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

edit on 9-9-2018 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
I always thought that Sheriffs had to at least be informed when Feds enter their jurisdiction. The fact that they just showed up and haven't told the Sheriff anything is definitely strange.

Also, good work Mr. Buddy

The sheriff is quoted in this story about just that....

www.alamogordonews.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Thank you much, you got somewhere!!
All very interesting, I still have to wonder if in the end they will tell us something that is not the truth. It seems like they should have been prepared for a cover story ahead of time if they had any idea something was to happen, so i think they didn't know.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy

Excellent! Thank you so much for this! This thread has sucked me in and I am intrigued, to say the least. I will be anxiously awaiting this press conference/additional information.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join