It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheilaD
a reply to: BlueAjah

Pearce? Unlikely.

The volunteer fire chief is the director of APO. He called the sheriff. Someone at APO has done something seriously bad, and this whole charade is a smoke screen for that. If I'm right, this has to come out soon.

Kinsey Featherston, a spokeswoman for Rep. Stevan Pearce (R-N.M.), said the congressman’s office contacted the FBI and was told there was an “ongoing investigation.”

“We will continue monitoring the situation, but at this time, we have no information,” she said.

An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment, referring questions about the matter to the consortium that manages the buildings.

A solar observatory in New Mexico is evacuated for a week and the FBI is investigating. No one will say why.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: Bigburgh

You didn't miss anything. I think you need a good strong hot toddy. Whiskey will fix what ails you!

Done..🤗

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I've already stated that very small number of research scientists have access to the APO.

and you left out this part about APO,

"The observatory is operated by New Mexico State University (NMSU) and owned by the Astrophysical Research Consortium (ARC)."

It's foolish to think that local residents think theses two have no connections.

If you see any vehicle that goes back and forth between these two observatories,
then they're connections.
edit on 16-9-2018 by Dumbdowned because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheilaD
New facts from
www.chicagotribune.com...

I never liked the Sheriffs role in this. He was the only one was suggested FBI involvement, blackhawk helicopters, men crawling on the towers. But why was he there? Seems AURA did not call him. And the sure FBI didn't. When he arrived, there was nothing for him to do. So, how did?

Well

"He said a volunteer fire chief claimed the FBI had told him there had been a "credible threat" but would provide no details."

Guess who the volunteer fire chief is? Answer: the Director of APO! And these guy are best buds.

So APO, is the source of all these claims then. They called in the local sheriff, got him to play up speculation. Why? Bad blood between the observatories? Could be - until recently APO could rent houses at Sunspot, now they cannot. Bad finances at APO? Someone at APO in trouble with the feds instead and trying to blow the case away?

Now, with all the pressure, the sheriff is going loony.

"They wouldn't give us any details," House said. "I've got ideas, but I don't want to put them out there. That's how bad press or rumors get started, and it'll cause paranoia, or I might satisfy everybody's mind and I might be totally off base."

This will come out. Someone will be arrested for something and this will be pinned back to someone who works at APO.

NMSU professor named director of telescope at Apache Point Observatory

Nancy Chanover is the first New Mexico State University astronomy professor to be named director of the 3.5-meter telescope at the Apache Point Observatory.

edit on 9/16/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbdowned

Yes, NMSU has staff at both locations.

But what does that have to do with the closure? APO was not closed.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Obviously apache point observatory discovered something that the powers that be don't want us to see. So, to throw suspicion away from themselves, they called the fbi and reported a terrorist threat from their neighbors, the NSF facility.

The fbi came, raided the place, black bagged everyone on site and sent them straight to Guantanamo.

Now, the apache point observatory is in a position of power to gain control of the entire planet and make us all their slaves.

Dammit. In all my recent research, I did really hate that damn apache point observatory.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I think you're asking me questions just out of boredom lol

but I'll try although I'm not a psychic.

NSO is for tourists, open to public as we all know.

APO is restricted, never meant to be open to public, only accessed by researchers and so forth.

You can't close down APO because it's always locked and there's nobody there anyway.

I don't see how you can evacuate a site when nobody's there at most of the time.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbdowned

But staff was seen at APO during this time, and people on this forum called them (I believe it was here), and they were open.

The Sunspot observatory was totally evacuated, including staff and nearby residents. It was not just closed to visitors.

And no, I am not just replying out of boredom.
I am truly interested in this situation, and am trying to understand your theory.

edit on 9/16/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Mactaddy

Boy, talk about lack of understanding!!

WOW!!

The density is STRONG tonight!

Tu-too-loo now!

Wow, you're deep.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well, I think this whole thing is much ado about nothing, BUT...

A simple public explanation like...'The observatory was scheduled to be closed and was not manned full time, there was a threat called in citing the post office as a target (which would necessitate FBI) and because the post office is on the observatory property the whole facility was locked down until further notice pending the outcome of an investigation.'

That would go a long way to un-doing some of the wild speculation going on presently!

Just sayin.

If this was a routine event (as you suggest), why not do a 'routine press release to avoid controvercy?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

But that did not happen because there is no way they would not do something like that if it was a simple matter.
It isn't simple.
A stall of info this long is going to have some real meat once it gets exposed, and I do not think a lot of people are going to like what they hear.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

well well you already said it yourself.

there are staffs working at both of these observatories.

Where do they live, on-site dorms, small residential areas close to the site?

You see they don't need to close down the APO because hardly anyone ever goes there besides the "chosen" scientists and pro'ly occasional cleaning ladies, repairmen and so on.

If NSO is locked down, no longer in service to the public then APO is not even worth a mention of its status to the public.

How difficult is it to understand that when no one's even allowed to go inside the buildings of APO except the very few "special" personnel, why do you even bother? You close and lock down only when the public is affected.

Do you close down some deserted religious temple high up in the mountain that no one ever goes to?

No one cares about APO right now, because NSO was use to open to the public and now we all wonder why closed for weeks or possibly even months from now.

I wouldn't even care whether APO closed down or not, cuz even if it did, it's like a dead temple anyway up high in the mountain.

Kinda scary isn't it to go there alone at night?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hi All,

It's interesting to read all of the theories and ideas related to this obviously military action. I'm sure there are a bunch of people trying to figure out how to spin something that the internet community will buy as we speak. I doubt for a second those in charge were anticipating such an inquisition. Many questions arise from closing down the observatory... the bewildering fact is that none have been answered.

www.santafenewmexican.com... 4e5.html

The biggest question is, 'why close the most powerful solar observation tool in the world'? I see people digging deep for answers to this unsolved mystery but few incorporate 'motive' into their theories. What would motivate the federal government to utilize a military operation to shut down a solar research facility and (apparently) dismantle key research tools from the facility in the process. All without explaining why. Most theories forwarded here don't hold weight. The key here is motive. Terrorism or international meddling would be front page news before or during the shutdown. This is very different. Aliens? It's a facility focused on solar studies and more focused on Solar Flares which hardly exist these days. Alien sighting on the sun? Meh.

I'll reiterate my previous thoughts about this hostile act against citizens. This is certain players in government doing damage control. This NSO site's mantra is, "Unlocking the Mysteries of the Sun and its Effects on Earth." Get a clue people. Maybe this event unravels you're whole 'skeptic vibe' but let it sink in. We live in a climate socially which allows bullies to maintain an upper hand. People that seek truth can now bypass the ease of buying into government narratives and the sciences clammering for money via the internet. In order to understand what is going on we must percevere... the loudest voice is rarely correct and the biggest bully is wrong 99% of the time.

This is about the SUN. This is one of many acts to remove Solar data from the public eye. Taking down the most sophisticated initiative must be only the start. My quandry is whether it is an initiative to hold together the fraudulent global warming carbon tax initiative or it has risen to the level of trying to mitigate a public panic. Judging by the method of implementation I'd lean towards the latter. Who these days even talks about a Grand Solar Minimum upon us? Nobody and it is the most profound story facing mankind. Governments want to avoid the burden of earning their keep. These jack-asses working to cool the world via Geo-Engineering while we forge ahead into the next ice-age may be to blame to. How ironic is that one? Talk about crimes against humanity....

In any case, please heed my warning about the coming Grand Solar Minimum and get the word out after you take a moment to understand what is coming. Explore the mad-scientist Geoengineering projects like HAARP and ask yourself if microwaving our ionosphere from various global positions, utilizing unimaginable amounts of energy is wise. A damaging amount of microwaves from these insane projects return to the Earths surface to dry us up. Read the papers... and enjoy the wildfires.

We've got another maybe 12 months, if that before the cold becomes pronounced. My guess is the government has been utilizing geoengineering to thwart that with HAARP and all the seeding of the atmosphere. Might be off there but as evidence continues to pour in, the conspiracy side of things begins to fill in the gaps. If I remember correctly, much of Europe rests in a similar latitude as Siberia. I want nothing more that an interglacial that continues to bring prosperity to a world tricked into thinking warmth is out enemy. When the truth come out and it will soon, we must hold those responsible accountable.

edit on 16-9-2018 by Mactaddy because: typos

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

But that did not happen because there is no way they would not do something like that if it was a simple matter.
It isn't simple.
A stall of info this long is going to have some real meat once it gets exposed, and I do not think a lot of people are going to like what they hear.

A stall of info this long means they hoped it would not become public. What a continued inquiry (by us) into this matter means is that what we will eventually hear is likely to be BS. I agree with you, if we hear something, it's going to stink.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Or... Hear me out......but... it could be that there is an active investigation into a security threat, as stated. There's no meed to disclose said threat because it doesnt directly endanger anyone locally or otherwise. They arent "stalling" they are working an on going investigstion.. And typically do not comment on open investigations. They will release their findings letting us know what happened after fully investigating and let us all know, it will be the truth because its an insignificant issue that there's no reason to lie about...

Speculation is one thing- jumping to completely unfounded conclusions is another... Though its happening more and more the longer this theead gets.
edit on 133004005am30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: caterpillage

It drew some attention, more because of where it was. But, obviously, they got away with the op since no one has figured out what they were doing.

First you state that some of it is known and now you say that no one has figured out what they are doing.

Which is it?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

The only way a security threat turns into an insignificant issue is if it was never really a security threat in the first place. I don't care if it is a security threat we've seen and heard about a thousand times. None are insignificant. Heck, our own government is a security threat to this country at this point in time. Have I mentioned yet this week how raving mad I still am about the outcome of the Imran Awan case?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: caterpillage

It drew some attention, more because of where it was. But, obviously, they got away with the op since no one has figured out what they were doing.

First you state that some of it is known and now you say that no one has figured out what they are doing.

Which is it?
I read that as they figured out there was an op, which is what started the investigation, but they haven't figured out the details of the op, which is why the investigation is ongoing. That doesn't seem contradictory to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i have a theory. i think its not about something around the sun but something around the observatory.

isnt Holloman AFB is near that place and isnt that AFB popular because of the story of an alien spaceship actually landed there.

what if, the alien in that base sneak out of the base and go to the observatory. hence the shutdown.

please consider that. thanks.
edit on 16-9-2018 by Th3HitmaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

What's the definition of "op" in this case? An inside operation? A terrorist operation?

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join