It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

After reading much of this 100 plus page thread i have come to the conclusion that the words of William Shakespeare are most fitting.

" Much Ado About Nothing "

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

After reading much of this 100 plus page thread i have come to the conclusion that the words of William Shakespeare are most fitting.

" Much Ado About Nothing "

Yeah those.Gov types making us crazies!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The sheriff is changing his statements. Sketchy sketchy

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Uh, maybe the first plausable answer?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: Fiscal

Well, I know we had some questions as to whether the FBI was actually involved as the sheriff was the only one to mention it. I guess this puts that angle to rest.

Or if it was even the FBI if it was something to do with sigint you’d think a certain other 3 letter agency would be the ones involved....

FBI is in charge of counter-espionage, particularly if it involves American citizens. You might get DIA or NSA people in the loop, but the Bureau would run that show. The other two would just be resources.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 898929
The sheriff is changing his statements. Sketchy sketchy

Oh???

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I don't have to time link anything, but check out some of the latest news articles with his quotes in them. Interesting stuff, I think he inflated what he actually saw happen.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This article seems to have tidbits of new info. At least to me. Don't have time to really look into it yet.

www.chicagotribune.com...
edit on 15-9-2018 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: wylekat
People are filming themselves wandering what was up till recently, an utterly abandoned facility- wandering around, looking in windows, rattling doorknobs. Literally.

If there's all of these 'eyes' on this place, how come people are (were) wandering it freely, and now, all there is is a couple rent a cops on site for security?

How many people?
The one guy has no youtube stuff before this and yet he has a drone? What if all that footage is fake too?

I Suspect that as well. But, I have no proof, just a gut feeling telling me things are wrongity wrong. I'm still leaning towards it being a hell of a viral marketing campaign of some sort, though if I see one more "No, it's *really* not aliens!" statement, I'm gonna say it's aliens, just to be a jerk.

I also want to point out an odd... "coincidence": I was harping on about the fact the place is being maintained, but no evidence OF a person maintaining the place could be found, and in what- 2 days, magically, the maintenance guy is now camping outside the gate?! The X Files software was a fun touch as well, I must say- planted like an in game health pack or item.
I really, truly and honestly think someone's playing "us" like a $2 violin.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Could they use a US Post office that way? If anyone messed with them it would be a felony.

Does the fact their spokesperson is a sci fi writer, and we are not getting anything from the Postmaster General of that area throw up any alarm bells? They've been ringing slightly on that one for me, compounded by the fact that we have not gotten official statement one from any government official- like say the governor, or local politician other than the sheriff.

That rat I've been smelling seems to be wearing white gloves and red shorts...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
You would be surprised where they build new housing projects.
Check out this area in 2003.

39.890201° -105.165969°

2 words:
Leilani Estates.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I am fairly certain that the FBI would not play along with such a game. The FBI told a congressman that it was an "ongoing investigation".

Your thoughts crossed my mind a few days ago, but I no longer think that is the case.

edit on 9/15/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
This article seems to have tidbits of new info. At least to me. Don't have time to really look into it yet.

Like others it is now reworded somewhat but nothing new I can spot.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Could they use a US Post office that way? If anyone messed with them it would be a felony.

Does the fact their spokesperson is a sci fi writer, and we are not getting anything from the Postmaster General of that area throw up any alarm bells? They've been ringing slightly on that one for me, compounded by the fact that we have not gotten official statement one from any government official- like say the governor, or local politician other than the sheriff.

That rat I've been smelling seems to be wearing white gloves and red shorts...

Well, the article provided by that1lurker above says one woman was ta the post office and like I said, they are seasonal, was it already to close for the winter?

If it is viral marketing the FBI are complicit it seems and I think that is a bit much to believe.

Kinsey Featherston, a spokeswoman for Rep. Stevan Pearce, R-N.M., said the congressman's office had reached out to the FBI and were told "it is an ongoing investigation."

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

UPDATE 091518 Tune In Linda Moulton Howe’s news update about the Sunspot National Solar Observatory mystery on the Earthfiles YouTube Channel. Included below are list of solar observatories that some websites claimed were shut down — and they are NOT and never were shut down. It’s ONLY the Nat’l. Solar Observatory in Sunspot, NM, that the FBI closed on Thursday, September 6, 2018, along with local post office without explanation. Please see my Earthfiles YouTube Channel report for the current facts. www.youtube.com...

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I am fairly certain that the FBI would not play along with such a game. The FBI told a congressman that it was an "ongoing investigation".

Let's say this is something relatively mundane- that the FBI is investigating, but the Observatory turned into a 3 ring circus all on their own. It's what it is beginning to look like. Otherwise, the FBI/ military/ etc would have a much larger presence, and not have left the place to its own devices.
edit on 15-9-2018 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

UPDATE 091518 Tune In Linda Moulton Howe’s news update about the Sunspot National Solar Observatory mystery on the Earthfiles YouTube Channel. Included below are list of solar observatories that some websites claimed were shut down — and they are NOT and never were shut down. It’s ONLY the Nat’l. Solar Observatory in Sunspot, NM, that the FBI closed on Thursday, September 6, 2018, along with local post office without explanation. Please see my Earthfiles YouTube Channel report for the current facts. www.youtube.com...

www.earthfiles.com...

If this is right, I gotta wonder if they aren't going to try to pull a grand reopening. I'd rather it was aliens. At this point, an alien *invasion* would be preferable to being led on by some hype mongering *grumbles under breath*.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Well, that’s definitely the most clear article we’ve gotten. Not that it changes much in terms of the overall picture of the investigation / threat.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Makes sense.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

What's the earthfiles link claim. Just curious. I know what's going on at the observatory but am interested in if she's (multon howe) is even remotely close to the truth.
edit on 15-9-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join