It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Image link

A HOLE IN THE SUN'S ATMOSPHERE: A jagged hole in the sun's atmosphere is facing Earth and spewing a stream of solar wind toward our planet. Estimated time of arrival: Sept. 17th. Because the gaseous material will reach Earth only a few days before the onset of northern autumn, it may be extra-effective at sparking auroras--a result of "equinox cracks" in the geomagnetic field.

www.spaceweather.com...

I'm not sure what that means for earth exactly, but it is interesting.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It literally says in the article you linked. This happens every autumn...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

You better get used to that. "I know secrets but won't tell you" bs.

Difficult to figure out if this is about something specific regarding the observatory or for example an intelligence operation using the observatory to get to something else. Interesting none the less.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublant

Well, we know that the facility was originally built by the USAF. Have we ruled out the possibility of a dual purpose or dark project going on?

Though, with a small community like that, you’d think it would be suspicious to say, “Oh, that’s Fred. Nobody knows what he does.”

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Oh No! You think the FBI came in and black bagged fred???

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 898929
a reply to: BlueAjah

It literally says in the article you linked. This happens every autumn...

The equinox happens every autumn.
Coronal holes come and go.

link   

Google Phillips Laboratory Project. I tried to link a PDF some pages ago. The govt has classified stuff from a while ago still there.

link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Plot twist: Fred makes the black bags on site.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Everybody is assuming that the focus of the security issue is the observatory and the homes and Post Office were evacuated as a result of this focus, but what if the focus is really one of the homes or more likely the Post Office, and the observatory was evacuated as a result.............. instead of the other way round?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
Everybody is assuming that the focus of the security issue is the observatory and the homes and Post Office were evacuated as a result of this focus, but what if the focus is really one of the homes or more likely the Post Office, and the observatory was evacuated as a result.............. instead of the other way round?

I guess People add the information together like they were doing something to the antenna and wires for instance.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Image link

A HOLE IN THE SUN'S ATMOSPHERE: A jagged hole in the sun's atmosphere is facing Earth and spewing a stream of solar wind toward our planet. Estimated time of arrival: Sept. 17th. Because the gaseous material will reach Earth only a few days before the onset of northern autumn, it may be extra-effective at sparking auroras--a result of "equinox cracks" in the geomagnetic field.

www.spaceweather.com...

I'm not sure what that means for earth exactly, but it is interesting.

Mainstream seems to not be expecting anything those dates.

ationale: No G1 (Minor) or greater geomagnetic storms are expected. No significant transient or recurrent solar wind features are forecast.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
For some reason it's not popping up with that search result. I tried this Google search though and it's working, some reason I can't link the pdf. Type into Google OLAO sunspot nm, the PDF is a few links down the page, it's titled Phillips Lab Project Managers Handbook. It's 400 some pages long, but it looks like they still have sensitive info still located at the observatory.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I guess People add the information together like they were doing something to the antenna and wires for instance

There's not a great deal of evidence of that though is there?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I guess People add the information together like they were doing something to the antenna and wires for instance

There's not a great deal of evidence of that though is there?

As much as there is for most of what we supposedly know.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

As much as there is for most of what we supposedly know

My point exactly

We actually know sweet the sum of F-all.........and I doubt we ever will.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not to mention the fact that it took so long for him to chime in me thinks of Zaph didn’t know the score he would have showed up much sooner.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Zaphod58

You try to sound as though you have some kind of inside information on this event?

I think the fact he's posting in this thread should help point us in a better direction as we investigate why things happened at this observatory.

Personally, I think he's trying to do just the opposite.

To what end? Dude isn’t one to play games, I don’t see him stringing is along.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublant
a reply to: Deetermined

You better get used to that. "I know secrets but won't tell you" bs.

Difficult to figure out if this is about something specific regarding the observatory or for example an intelligence operation using the observatory to get to something else. Interesting none the less.

Wouldn’t get much juicy info if he leaked it all to every Tom, Dick, and Harry on a forum...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Oh No! You think the FBI came in and black bagged fred???

At least three armed Ned is accounted for.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The university in my town is a bigger post office and it’s litterally one room off the main hall. I don’t see it having much to do with that post office if it were something untoward getting mailed the volume of mail is so low they had time to go through it all a hundred times over by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join