It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

The university in my town is a bigger post office and it’s litterally one room off the main hall. I don’t see it having much to do with that post office if it were something untoward getting mailed the volume of mail is so low they had time to go through it all a hundred times over by now.

Maybe it's nothing to do with delivered/anticipated mail....maybe it's to do with an employee/s and what they have been upto over who knows how many years/months?

Don't get me wrong I am as clueless as everyone, but sometimes it's not always as obvious as we all think it is.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

From here
newscenter.nmsu.edu...

and then here
www.facebook.com...

What if something happened at the Apache Point Observatory, something with their personnel and they need to a cover. Or they are upset at Sunspot for some personal vendetta.

Then the sunspot evacuation happens. Now a perfect cover. They (fire station chief is also apache point chief) call the local sheriff (beer buddies), who puts out reports of helicopters and invasions (and then walks this back by saying later he does want to do scare stories). Try to anyone direct quote from anyone else about helicopters and FBI. It all tracks back to the sheriff.

Now Apache Point Observatory can sit back and smile as all this goes on around them. They don't even close so they appear completely innocent.

Someone needs to ask the Sheriff - who called you? was it the Sunspot fire chief?
Someone needs to ask Apache Point Observatory - do you have anything that was connected to? any people being investigated?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think BigDave-AR has the healthiest and most accurate perspective on zaphs personality.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If you needed a really big setup for receiving very weak signals only the people with control of the very big setup should be authorized to receive these signals. Once the signals are filtered and amplified to the degree that they could be re-transmitted, someone with commercially available technology that had the sensitivity of cell phone tower receivers could intercept that amplified signal. That is why you see so many radomes and downlinks at the older sites from the 1960's.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I think BigDave-AR has the healthiest and most accurate perspective on zaphs personality.

You make me blush good sir.

Sheila-The sheriff might be shady but doing all that would open you up to gigantic legal liability you’d be run through the ringer big time. He’s not making the whole thing up, maybe exaggerating but not much me thinks.
edit on 9/16/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Think too fast type too slow > extra DIV

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
If you needed a really big setup for receiving very weak signals only the people with control of the very big setup should be authorized to receive these signals. Once the signals are filtered and amplified to the degree that they could be re-transmitted, someone with commercially available technology that had the sensitivity of cell phone tower receivers could intercept that amplified signal. That is why you see so many radomes and downlinks at the older sites from the 1960's.

Me thinks Zaph knows all this and more that man knows more about the black world than we could imagine...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The Internet's Six Wildest Theories on the New Mexico Observatory Mystery

www.vice.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
The Internet's Six Wildest Theories on the New Mexico Observatory Mystery

www.vice.com...

Beat ya to it the day it came out, I was fuming that they gave mercury a 4.0 on the believability scale.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I missed that one but this thread is now massive.

Seems like info has made the full rounds and people have run out of info and speculation.

So much time skully and fox spent back in the day there we may never accept any explanation.

Many folks still believe that there are tunnel's that go from there to colorado airport. So the truth may have caught the first flight out of there.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

But.... but.... mercury man! It's gonna get into our fish and kill all the cats that eat the fish!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

But.... but.... mercury man! It's gonna get into our fish and kill all the cats that eat the fish!

I know let’s don our moon suits, wear 2 body condoms, and have our mothers on speed dial!

No problem hawkeye it’s all running together on me only reason I knew that one was it go me bent out of shape, me thinks we already been over most of the possibilities now it’s just the wait and see how dumb the government thinks us lowley schlubs are.
edit on 9/16/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You do know where they get mercury from, don't you?

Hg Wells, of course.

edit on 16-9-2018 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

You do know where they get mercury from, don't you?

HG Wells, of course.

Har har check your mail man I sent you a pm.
edit on 9/16/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's been interesting to follow this thread, something that dates back a couple of weeks to 21 August was a barely detectable CME that was picked up by the LASCO C2 instrument on SOHO, it was feint and also very slow at about 300 to 350 km/s. This is the mundane

However what occured was a strong G3 magnetic storm with a kP of 7 so in essence the predictions were incorrect

I've reviewed a number of sources of raw solar footage at various wavelengths and all seem to have gaps in their timelines, perhaps not unusual for some climates/weather related outages however there are quite a few that have missing data for the same time periods in multiple countries, this coupled with the closure of this observatory and I'm forming a hypothesis that something unusual occured in the solar observations and the whole operation has been moved into controlled conditions to ensure only a specific narrative is published.

I don't believe there is any imminent danger however until observations have been analysed in detail it's probably too early to say. I wait with baited breath to see what arrives in the next few days from the transequatorial coronal hole which is currently facing Earth.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Wow. That's a dad joke if I've ever heard one.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: wylekat

Wow. That's a dad joke if I've ever heard one.

Not the first time I’ve seen him drop some dorky praternal comedy either.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

About as informative as you will come across at this juncture.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So I originally wanted to follow this thread, but it's taken off way too fast for me to keep up. I don't have time to read 110 pages of posts. What's the summary so far? Whole lot of nothing still?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
So I originally wanted to follow this thread, but it's taken off way too fast for me to keep up. I don't have time to read 110 pages of posts. What's the summary so far? Whole lot of nothing still?

Essentially whole lot of chasing our tails for not a lot of solid info thus far.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: face23785

Essentially whole lot of chasing our tails for not a lot of solid info thus far.

That was pretty much what I figured. How the hell did we get over 2000 posts of that?

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join