It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

LOL!

Just reading that made me smile!

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Richard Curtis and Bill Nighy team up in new film urging Tobin tax on bankers
Campaign film says 0.05% 'Robin Hood' tax on financial trades could raise $700bn for world's poor.

Britain's most successful comedy writer is aiming to tap into the public's fury at how bankers are scooping huge bonuses while the rest of us suffer pay freezes by spearheading the launch of a campaign demanding the introduction of a "Robin Hood tax" on financial institutions.

The campaign has already lived up to its outlaw image. In the early hours of Tuesday morning, the question "Do you want to be part of the world's biggest bank job?" was projected onto the Bank of England. From tomorrow, campaigners will ask Facebook networkers to don green Robin Hood style facemasks as a show of support.

A snippet is available at the link, go take a peek.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Today i woke up and seen a nice old man at my door he was supposed to be preaching about god but had a nice chat with him about his life.

JAK

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip

Take a minute for this.

[edit on 17/2/10 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I received shipment of an on-line purchase in which a bottle of a liquid product had leaked some contents (frown of the day). I immediately e-mailed the company from which I ordered and requested a replacement.

I was e-mailed back within 30 minutes with a profuse apology, assurances that a replacement was being shipped promptly along with some additional product samples to compensate me for my inconvenience.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My new Agent has just sent me out for some adutions for this...

www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The Coen brothers! The Coen brothers who made Fargo, No Country for Old Men, Burn After Reading, Miller's Crossing. And THE BIG LEBOWSKI! The DUDE movie!

It doesn't get any cooler than that. Wow. Best of luck to you, whaa!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

It doesn't get any cooler than that. Wow. Best of luck to you, whaa!

Thanks Z, It's my very first audition for something other than independant stuff. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

break a leg whaaa

or - whatever works best for this sort of thing

:-)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Being told by our CFO that our department did very well in 2009 and that our president and owner in Switzerland are very pleased and proud of our results.

Oh yeah, the bonus that we got didn't hurt either.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Trying to learn to curl my daughters hair and getting to listen to her and someone else laugh their butts off at my very, very poor hair curling skills.

:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
MUTTER made me smile yesterday until i got
down by a SERIOUS user, that takes life way tooo serious...

I love the mutter, but clearly it offends some people, my advice to this is, get a role of DUCT tape and stick a peice over mutter, then it wont offend you anymore...!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by psy_smurf

Something made me smile last week and I was in such a good mood that I posted a very frivolous reply on a thread.

It was only a joke, but I offended someone I would rather not have offended. We made our peace, but then someone else chimed in, putting the boot into me without calling me out directly. Hate people like that - I couldn't answer without derailing the thread.

So smiles to you today - solidarity among the mis-understood. Hope I've cheered you up - I spent two days being mortified.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by berenike]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

thanks man, i was feeling
, but am now feeling

Be sure to spot you in the mutter sometime.....

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Something that made me smile recently was psy_smurfs MutterBox Campaign to get all lurkers talking at some point.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
BIAD.....
Everything he posts just has me in stitches! Man oh man, that boy is funny..

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What made me smile today?

Hmm...my paycheck? Yeah. Loads of overtime...

What made me curse today?

Hmm...the chunk of taxes taken out.
Then knowing that they'll be going to a corrupt gov't, that uses it to 'bailout' banks, corporations, and finance groups.
THE PEOPLE THAT STARTED THIS MESS TO BEGIN WITH!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The prettiness of the snow today is making me smile

Of course, being out in it was chilly and wet, but coming in to the warmth and cosiness makes it all worthwhile..

Smile everybody!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Irish Cream coffee, and fudge-o cookies..lol!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Something else that made me smile.... This Thread!!!

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join