It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Yes, online. Having an incredble string of luck lately. I'm in the danger zone of thinking I have skeel.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I've always wanted to have a go myself but never knew where to start.

I can't afford to lose! ... any tips?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Looking in the mirror at my ripped bod this morning. It does it every time.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Voyager1]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
These days, it has taken quite a bit to make me smile. I can't really explain why, but this video got me.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was sitting at the bus stop yesterday with the weight of the - well, my world on my shoulders.

Next to me were a young couple and their little boy, aged about 3 or 4. I know the man slightly from seeing him around the village.

Without any preamble the little boy came and stood beside me and put the daisy he'd been playing with into my hands.

Then off he went to open his new toy. I'll never know if he gave me the flower to cheer me up or if he just wanted to have his hands free to play.

Either way it brightened my day and I was better off by a daisy.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
discovermagazine.com

Anyone can be passionate about physics. Anyone:

A homeless man is on trial in San Mateo County on charges that he smacked a fellow transient in the face with a skateboard as the victim was engaged in a conversation about quantum physics, authorities said today.

Man. Reminds me of grad school.

The article goes on:

The attack was witnessed by two other people

Oh, too bad! There goes the defense; the observers collapsed the wave function. Otherwise, he could’ve pleaded guilty and not guilty.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

What up home slice? You have your Mojo on? SWEET!! I dropped my Mojo somewhere on Route 66...I hope someone finds it. It has my return address on it.

What made me smile today? So far? Haven't smiled yet...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
what made me smile today?

being on ATS with all you people

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Nothing yet.... I am still looking though.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What made me smile today? Watching the baby birds at my bird houses hanging out outside the house for the first time. All nervous and wanting to fly but not quite ready yet...

Made a quick trip to my daughter's house (firs time) and saw her new kitten and she was a little cutie and made me smile. And they have a cute little #zu...and it made me smile also...

Animals and birds make me smile. People make me loathe my life...does that make sense?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
What made me smile today? Watching the baby birds at my bird houses hanging out outside the house for the first time. All nervous and wanting to fly but not quite ready yet...

Made a quick trip to my daughter's house (firs time) and saw her new kitten and she was a little cutie and made me smile. And they have a cute little #zu...and it made me smile also...

Animals and birds make me smile. People make me loathe my life...does that make sense?

makes perfect sense.
i took my kids for a walk today..gorgeous sunshine,light breeze...and we went into the forest nearby.We saw butterflies, dragonflies, damselflies,all kinds of birds...a momma deer and her twin fawns, and we almost caught frogs, (slippery little suckers.)
Tonight after dinner, off to the park for swings, soccer...races, and whatever else we feel like doing.
I'm SMILING today!!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm smilin today in anticipation of being kissed full on the lips by some drunk, beautiful woman that I have never met before.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm smilin today in anticipation of being kissed full on the lips by some drunk, beautiful woman that I have never met before.

Dude..where's the girlfriend????

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My folks were taking off for the beach when I left for work.
As I was leaving Local Yokel, with the fried chicken i'd gotten for work, they pulled up.
Made me smile a bit.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Originally posted by whaaa

Dude..where's the girlfriend????

She will be there. More than likely dancin her butt off with some pretty boy half her age. Hey, it only Rock and Roll!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What made me smile today? My wife's friend came over with her three year old daughter that she adopted from China. This little girl had me smiling for hours. What a doll.

FYI: She was abandoned on the side of the road in a shoe box in China...

Truly the most fun I've had in a long time playing with this little girl and she was laughing and laughing. It's good to get out of yourself sometimes. I spend too much time inside my own ....know what I mean??

Peace all...

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

JAK

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I caught the programme 'Nerdstock: 9 Lessons and Carols for Godless People' over Christmas and the contribution given by Dr. Brian Cox was absolutely wonderful.

bbc.co.uk

A non-religious Christmas celebration of comedy, science and music recorded live at London's Hammersmith Apollo in December 2009. Stand-up comedian and humanist Robin Ince is joined by a host of leading lights from the world of science, including Richard Dawkins, Brian Cox, Simon Singh and Ben Goldacre, as well as musicians and top comedians from Mark Steel to Shappi Khorsandi.

(The segment I refer to starts at five minutes in if you want to skip the host, although he is quite entertaining too.)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Iam so glad to see this thread bumped back up on the boards. This time of year..lots of us need a smile.
Today I'm smiling because my baby woke up with a smile...
Because a friend who was once distant is now closer..
Because some things are best served ice cold...

*Cue the silly grin on my face.

ya gotta love clowns huh? If nothing else..they are entertaining.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Every morning I wake up my two little cats come charging at me and wrestle back and forth to see who can get more attention from me. Each morning is the same as each day that I arrive home from work and it always puts a smile on my noggin'.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Every morning I wake up my two little cats come charging at me and wrestle back and forth to see who can get more attention from me. Each morning is the same as each day that I arrive home from work and it always puts a smile on my noggin'.

That was a cute tweet pic of them holding paws while laying together..
Gotta love kitty unconditional love.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join