It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
JAK

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
There are many threads about which rant and rave about certain subjects. News today has become the domain of the unfortunate, it does indeed seem today that 'no news is good news' has become a twisted truism.

So as a counter to this, in an attempt for at least the members of ATS to bring a smile to each others faces and hopefully pass that on to others as we go through our daily lives I thought it mighe be a good idea to start a thread like this.

What made you smile today? It can be absolutely anything, from the most superficial happenstance to a most profound experience, but tell us. Share with us that which brightened your day. I shall start with an example of how unimportant the cause might be.

Today, when I recieved my Dictionary.com Word of the Day, I found that it was mellifluous a favourite word of mine. One that brings me a smile and a chuckle every time I hear it.

Why? *Shrugs?* But it does, there you are.

Jack

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
What made me smile today ??

Well it was when I switched on the telly and the first thing I saw was that Prince Charles's family will not be going to his wedding.

Dont know why but it just made me smile.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
well Jak's....imagine the look of joy that came across my face when the swedish womens 21 year old net ball team came into one of my internet cafes this morning stark naked and insisted that i join them in a huge paddling pool of jelly back at their hotel!!.......that made me smile!

regards dude!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What made me smile today was optimus fett's avator?

It's so cool! Slightly perverted though.

When you walk into the gent's and see two stormtroopers having a slash, you might want to ask questions.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
waking up in my own bed, next to the most beautiful woman in the world.

After being away since Sunday, ( business trip to Florida ), it's good to be home.

We both took the day off today and are going to go out to eat and see a movie... she's almost ready.. I better run...

I'm smiling today !!!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Smile on my face...hmmmm

Knowing that its one less day till i get Rome: Total War

yay

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I got a link to this pic via U2U

It was pre-pixified too

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
waking up in my own bed, next to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Waking up next to elevatedone.

"Honey, I have something important to tell you", Jonna stated.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
what made me smile today.... Seeing 2 little twin girls aged about 4, walking down the street holding hands in little out fits that matched, and 2 really big lady bug back packs, it just made me go awwwww

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Listening to Optimus in chat, whos talking about some midgets...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I was in my backyard and a humming bird decided to take a closer look at me giving me the opportunity to take a closer look at him. Big simle....

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Someone said something nice to me today and it made me smile. I've had a crappy day and not enough sleep, so it really took something to get me to crack a grin.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
All of the most friendliest people I have met here today has made me smile.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I grinned for the wisecrack's funny art skills .....

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a picture of a friend's adorable son rocking sunglasses

the cute guy at the gym who kept flirting with me until I flashed him my wedding ring

my son when he told me the little chinese girl in his class won't leave him alone, he said, "I don't know kungfu, I can't be her boyfriend"
(that actually got a laugh from me)

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What made me smile today? The same thing that makes me smile every day, life. It's great, even through the worst times there is always something to smile about. Life is good, my friends, even when it's bad.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Shai_lene.........

Need I say more.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I just have him in a trance ,he'll be out of it soon.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Swiss Toni's made me smile today.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
well..yesterday it was hot basketball chicks !....today....(youre never gonna believe this???).......i was about to get in my car to drive to work when that huge flying dog from the film 'never ending story' landed next to me and offered me a ride!!!.....and who happened to be perched on the back having a lift as well was no other than the english glamour model 'Jordan'..wearing princess leia's outfit from the jabba the hutt scene in 'return of the jedi'....we chatted and joked all the way to work and she said im her new best mate and to come round for a jaccuzi anytime!!!.....as you can imagine.....i was well chuffed!......and im still smiling!!!

i cant wait for whats going to make me smile tomorrow!?

best wishes jak!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join