It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard to believe Bigfoot exists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
As intelligent emotional beings, I could imagine them burying their dead in out-of-the-way places. Those would be very hard to find and prove. Which could be a reason why nobody has (at least publicly) found or proven any.

There are more than a few BF Researchers that lean towards that train of thought.

A number of Animals bury their dead, Elephants, Chimpanzee's and Magpies. There are even Elephant Graveyards where it's been observed the Elephants mourning a death. Elephants are such compassionate animals that they’ll even grieve for and bury their number one killers… us. A news report in Kenya told of an elephant that trampled a human mother and her child and then stopped to bury them before disappearing in the bush.

So I don't (currently) have a problem with the idea that BF might bury it's dead. One researcher has the tale of a (supposed) witness watching a BF uproot a dead tree and place the dead BF in the hole and then replace the tree back ontop of it.

Whether true or not.. it does make one pause to the possibilities.

edit on 9/15/2018 by JohnnyAnonymous because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

I find that to be an extremely easy train of thought to follow.

If, as some surmise, Bigfoot is some form of Gigantopithecus, perhaps slightly more advanced, reasonable intelligence is a given. Burial. Mourning.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Show me your best peice of evidence.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: JAGStorm

bigfoot doesn't exists, the same with loch ness or yeti. there is no single proof for the existence of one these, only thousends of blurry videos and crazy stories.

95% of the world's population believe in some form of a god and there is not a single shred of evidence that prove that they are real but yet they believe in "faith"

not bashing anyone who is religious just pointing out a fact

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If ya take 9 people with ya, some for video....I know where to go, but it is scary to me.

I've posted this twenty times.....you can go right in there and get one close.....but they will chase you out.....the spot by Seattle where on tv....the graphic shows most sightings....and in 1907 a famous one where twelve people saw it by their cabin.

I 90 at state hwy @18.....the logging road goin to the SE

Lost the computer just now....back......bikes and foot traffic allowed

4 miles sse....actually I was predator calling for thirty five minutes then left....then I sneak back after forty minutes to ambush what ever might be checking my location of all that commotion

I was on top of a mountain on a scree field....and left bag of grapes and garlic.....

Its at the edge of the logging work and where there are no roads for an area.....computer skitzinbrb
edit on 16-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: In the FINE TEXAS TRADITION!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I think theyre interdimensional....meaning spirits that take any form.....two or four legged or with wings as Scripture states but

This one that came up on me tossed a bulldozer down the scree field....sounded like a bulldozer goin down the hill for about sixty seconds...prolly a big boulder

But it was hillin the 200 foot red cedars and spruces as it went and hittin boulders all the way too.....and I held my ground till it kept goin for so long....I imagined in my mind how big the mountain was and that hillside of solid boulder field.....and as it went past the 50 second mark of hearing the trees gettin hit but the boulder didnt stop.......imagine a bkulder slammin a two hundred foot tall five or six foot wide cedar or bigger.....the thud it made but didnt stop ths boulder....I had two guns with bear ammo.....

Hardened bullets in a 30.06 and my friggin .44 mag sw six inch with Garrett Hammerheads with a .30 meplat and hRdened to 25 Brinnell......I lost my nerve cause I was alone.....

Jumped on my trailbike and as I was haulin azz outta there like a ninny baby....I was thinkin to myself I aint coming back without at least 6 people....

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I got goose bumps on my arms right now just from thinkin bout it......it was 2005 !!!! Dang

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I know this post is a few months old, sorry. But I find it interesting. The existence of Bigfoot is very hard for me to believe. From what I’ve seen the only evidence available consists of poorly shot pics and videos, and witness reports. Except for the Patterson film and that’s a different story.

I do believe that most eyewitnesses have seen something, but a logical conclusion to me is that it’s something other than some mysterious creature.

It’s hard for me to believe that in all these years no one has shot one and produced a body for expert examination.

If there are places where people say they’re scared to go because of a possible encounter, then there’s an alternative. Have a few people get together and go on a trip and see what they find. Not necessarily to kill one unless absolutely necessary, but to gather evidence.

There would not be a shortage of qualified volunteers. I suspect that any serious expedition is going to find nothing. But, I can certainly be wrong and I’d welcome it.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

One of the best testimonials I have read about this creature in a while, by a military person.
Bigfoot witness

My Uncle back in 1972 saw one run up the bank on the side of the highway leading north into Packwood, Washington.
Said it ran right up the steep embankment like it was easy, and no human could even walk up it very easily.

They definitely do exist, but people are mentally stubborn about acknowledging things they can't handle in their undeveloped level of awareness's about many different mysteries.. This is not true for everyone.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TEA601381

No one says you have to believe Sasquatch exists.

I've seen him twice. No evidence to bring forward, just what my own two eyes saw.

I've lived a good chunk of my life out of doors. Hunting. Camping. Backpacking. Usually a fun mixture of all three.

I've been looked over by cougars while completely oblivious inside my tent at night...that was an interesting morning, let me tell you.

I've seen every large critter North America has to offer, of one breed or another. None of them, not one, matches what I saw both times.

Out in the Deep Woods, I've seen, felt strange things, heard and smelled strange things. No, I'm not about to claim that all of 'em were Sasquatch. But there are things out there that are beyond my ken, and that in our arrogance we claim to know all that there is to know out there.

Hamlet says it best: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to believe bigfoot doesn't (or does) exist?

Because thus far all evidence for or against bigfoot is not credible enough to sway the majority of public opinion either way. We have believers and we have disbelievers, just like adherents to the thousands of faiths that claim there are gods. They all can't be right. So the god club you're in is the righteous one, usually, and all the others are false gods.

Ya picks yer side and ya goes with it [shrug].

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Id shoot a guy handling a gun like that...double tap. Sell his weapon for beer money.

a reply to: KansasGirl

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEA601381
The existence of Bigfoot is very hard for me to believe. [...]

That's good, because it means you're a critical thinker. It is hard to believe.

[...]Have a few people get together and go on a trip and see what they find. Not necessarily to kill one unless absolutely necessary, but to gather evidence. There would not be a shortage of qualified volunteers. I suspect that any serious expedition is going to find nothing. But, I can certainly be wrong and I’d welcome it.

The thing is, you're going into their homes. Their habitat. The minute you're in there, either by yourself or with a posse, they know you're there. They can smell you -- and your gunpowder -- miles away.

One fairly reasonable argument that has been made is that part of the reason they've managed to survive (if they exist at all) is because they evolved to avoid detection by humans. That's what they do. They mostly live far, far away from people. Another reasonable argument is that people in general are not very observant. Unless you're an avid outdoorsman (and even then), the chance of you crossing paths with one these things is extremely low. And 90 percent of the time that happens to someone, they wish it never happened, because it means there really are horrifying monsters in the dark woods, and you instantly drop down a link on the food chain.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I find it interesting that so many are willing to make statements that start with "there is no evidence" There is an incredible amount of evidence, from tracks, hand prints, butt prints, hair, DNA, good pictures(mostly suppressed) If you believe, there is no evidence, you are either ill informed or coming from a preconceived opinion that will discount anything that contradicts it.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of strange aspects to this phenomenon. For example, the DNA looks more like a hybrid made by tampering, than an evolutionary result .It appears that their ability to see in the dark came from Lemur DNA for example.

Another is the "woo woo".

I think these creatures are a combination of excellent woodsmen and primitive shamans. This makes it nearly impossible to get evidence that they don't want us to have. I think, for example that the Patterson film disturbed their reality enough that they almost universally mae extreme efforts to avoid cameras.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UMayBRite!
Unfortunately, there are a lot of strange aspects to this phenomenon. For example, the DNA looks more like a hybrid made by tampering, than an evolutionary result .It appears that their ability to see in the dark came from Lemur DNA for example.

Another is the "woo woo".

I know what you mean by "unfortunately." They're so elusive that it really seems like they've got something supernatural going. One thing that keeps popping up in the descriptions is "mind speak." A kind of telepathy. Even outdoors guy Les Stroud has said that he has heard Sasquatch mind speak in the past, with them inviting him to see them. He declined because he said he wasn't ready. Ready to have his reality turned on its ear. They apparently can also generate intense primordial fear into people. Fear that is way out of proportion to the experience. Some people have said that has to do with the way they vocalize using very low sound frequencies. Who knows?

But this kind of talk just adds fuel to the argument that these things are just misidentified bears or tricks of the imagination. Same with stories of Sasquatch being associated with UFOs, or conspiracies in the Department of the Interior (among other agencies) to keep people away from these things. It may all be true, but it definitely muddies the waters.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

Not so much suppressed, as ignored by most in the fields that would be interested in such phenomena.

If you're not familiar with his work in the field, look up Jeff Meldrum Phd. His work is a shining light in Sasquatch research.

My own views on what Sasquatch is matches yours for the most part.

I think it's a very small, likely declining, population of great ape with a very low birth rate. I know that's poo-poo'd by many scientists, but it's what I think.

a reply to: Blue Shift

I'm disinclined to believe the supernatural aspect of it. But given other things I've seen, heard, etc...I don't, and won't, completely disregard it, either. Weird things are out there.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I'm disinclined to believe the supernatural aspect of it. But given other things I've seen, heard, etc...I don't, and won't, completely disregard it, either. Weird things are out there.

I'm with you. Let's look at the hard evidence first before we start piling one unknown on top of another. While keeping an open mind, of course.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Agreed.

The woo is, at least at this point, impossible to prove.

The other evidence is where we need to concentrate our efforts.

Are you at all familiar with the Skookum Cast episode? It's a fascinating look into Sasquatch investigation--whether it's really Sasquatch (unlikely), or not...

I've come to view many of the characters within the Sasquatch investigation community with, shall we say, skepticism. But there are some very reputable scientists who share my views--there's something going on. What, ain't exactly clear.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Are you at all familiar with the Skookum Cast episode? It's a fascinating look into Sasquatch investigation--whether it's really Sasquatch (unlikely), or not...

I'm somewhat familiar with it. I've looked at the impression and honestly I have a hard time seeing what they're seeing. I also can't imagine a Bigfoot going through all the trouble of lying down to grab a goodie to not make footprints, and then leaving large impressions elsewhere. I'm just not getting the logic.

I've come to view many of the characters within the Sasquatch investigation community with, shall we say, skepticism. But there are some very reputable scientists who share my views--there's something going on. What, ain't exactly clear.

Yeah, it's a mixed bunch of researchers. Some see Bigfoot behind every tree. I like the more cautious kind.

What I've been interested in lately are the recorded vocalizations. The spectral analysis seems to indicate that their language involves producing sound across a wide audio spectrum range, which would be very hard for a human being to duplicate. What I've determined is that they're both exhaling and inhaling when they make these wide-spectrum noises, which is something you also hear in gorilla vocalizations. Intriguing, but not conclusive.

Sad to say, but we still need a body. Maybe one of these days somebody will shoot one and figure out a way to drag the half-ton specimen out of the deep woods for everybody to see. If they can even manage to see one. And kill it. And they aren't worried about possible murder charges or at very least a huge fine for killing an endangered species.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I did too, when it first came out. The pictures were horrible.

I've not seen any better ones, since. So I'm reduced to opinions of people who have studied it, and going from there.

I'm...skeptical. Which may seem odd, from someone who has actually seen Sasquatch-twice. But there it is.

It's like that stupid animal planet show Hunting Bigfoot, or what ever it's called. How they are always seeing him or hearing him off in the distance, yet we don't ever get anything that even vaguely resembles proof.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join