It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard to believe Bigfoot exists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

maybe it was one of his dogs.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Perhaps they can shift into another existence.

That would tie it all in together.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
ah the " species "X" was not discovered till ........... "

has reared its ugly head

every single " new species " thats been cited is a close relative of - and branched from the ancestor species of several known species - that livve in the same area - and are often hard to distiguish without detailed examination

the latest citation " bili ape " is a textbook example

yes it has eolvved to a degree that speciation is accepted - and its taxonomically different to common or eastern chimps - BUT - all 3 share neibouring ranges -

using real " new species " to claim that a giant primate is abroad in the CONUS is absurd

Why is it absurd? Is it because it doesn't fit your current paradigm?

A textbook example would be if any other monkeys or apes were never found on any other continent...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
ah the " species "X" was not discovered till ........... "

has reared its ugly head

every single " new species " thats been cited is a close relative of - and branched from the ancestor species of several known species - that livve in the same area - and are often hard to distiguish without detailed examination

the latest citation " bili ape " is a textbook example

yes it has eolvved to a degree that speciation is accepted - and its taxonomically different to common or eastern chimps - BUT - all 3 share neibouring ranges -

using real " new species " to claim that a giant primate is abroad in the CONUS is absurd

Exactly.

No one has discovered a completely unique and easily identifiable large mammal in god knows how long. There is no way a bigfoot could remain hidden today in the CONUS. I can concede there could be a chance in remote areas like Artic / Antarctic or maybe even Siberia. Places where you may not have a human presence at all (and where humans rarely go) for hundreds if not thousands of miles. However, no way I am believing that a bigfoot is roaming the forests of Ohio or other areas near human civilization.

I do think there may be some super large sea creatures that have yet to be seen though. They've found whales with massive scars that appear to be from giant squid that would have to be gigantic.

Why is it so hard to believe that it isn't unique? It could be an offshoot of something that we've discovered or be something we've discovered and thought extinct.

Again I say, anyone that claims something like this could not remain hidden (especially if it is intelligent), has spent no amountable time outdoors or in the wilderness.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
Again I say, anyone that claims something like this could not remain hidden (especially if it is intelligent), has spent no amountable time outdoors or in the wilderness.

Human beings tend to take huge unimaginable things and shrink them down to a more workable size. People do it with space. Oh, just fly to Mars. It's just around the corner. Same thing with wilderness. There are still many places in this world that have never been seen by human eyes, and with people still moving to the cities, the amount of uninhabited land in the world is actually getting larger, not smaller.

Yeah, the technology is improving, and maybe someday soon somebody will catch some definitive proof. And maybe there are infrared satellite images of Sasquatches running around in the woods, but could they really differentiate a Bigfoot from a large deer or bear? Unlikely. Besides, the US Government would have its own reasons to not admit there are these things living in the wilderness. American Buffalo, anyone?

So I don't consider the "we are smart enough and advanced enough to know what's going on in the wilderness" arguments to be a little hollow. I would suggest to these people that they pick the "nearest faraway place" with a history of Sasquatch sightings and go camping for a week or so. Then imagine a million times that area where something could hide.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: superman2012

Human beings tend to take huge unimaginable things and shrink them down to a more workable size. People do it with space. Oh, just fly to Mars. It's just around the corner. Same thing with wilderness. There are still many places in this world that have never been seen by human eyes, and with people still moving to the cities, the amount of uninhabited land in the world is actually getting larger, not smaller.

Yeah, the technology is improving, and maybe someday soon somebody will catch some definitive proof. And maybe there are infrared satellite images of Sasquatches running around in the woods, but could they really differentiate a Bigfoot from a large deer or bear? Unlikely. Besides, the US Government would have its own reasons to not admit there are these things living in the wilderness. American Buffalo, anyone?

So I don't consider the "we are smart enough and advanced enough to know what's going on in the wilderness" arguments to be a little hollow. I would suggest to these people that they pick the "nearest faraway place" with a history of Sasquatch sightings and go camping for a week or so. Then imagine a million times that area where something could hide.

Agreed. I live in Canada. There are HUGE amounts of wilderness that haven't been fully mapped out yet. I think these people must live in or be from large cities where nothing like this is imaginable to them because of their living environment.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

You know what is weird, there have been times I have been in deep wilderness and I have felt like I was being watched.
I can be in a city with thousands of people and not feel that way.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I want to believe

Giant monkeys in a pine forest?

Yes please

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
We have all seen Bigfoot. Her name is Patty. She would be the first to tell you that she does not exist. Because she wants you to go away and leave her alone.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
A dead Bigfoot would leave a LARGE, SMELLY, CARCASS that would be found easily. It would not survive for long before it was eaten by a variety of small and large animals. We know Black Bears exist because we have them in zoos, but no one has ever found a skeleton of one in the wild. And if Bigfoot bury their own then there is even less chance of finding a body.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It is obvious that Bigfoot are smart and that their senses are much more intune to their environment than your senses are. You are in their territory. They can smell you and hear you long before you will know they are there. So they are going to stay away from you and hide, even if they are curious and watching you.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91
We have dozens of photos and video of Bigfoot taken just in the last decade. It only takes one of them to be real for the creature to exist. The trouble is, only the person taking the picture knows for sure. Just because you say they are all fake does not mean they are all fake.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
So they are going to stay away from you and hide, even if they are curious and watching you.

I like the idea that in some ways they evolved specifically to keep themselves away from human beings, their biggest threat. So they're a creature as good at hiding as we are at using symbols like writing to communicate with each other.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

A dead Bigfoot would leave a LARGE, SMELLY, CARCASS that would be found easily. It would not survive for long before it was eaten by a variety of small and large animals. We know Black Bears exist because we have them in zoos, but no one has ever found a skeleton of one in the wild. And if Bigfoot bury their own then there is even less chance of finding a body.

A quick google search disproves that you don't find bear carcasses.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Things decompose fast in the woods especially in the right conditions. I’m talking weeks

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
You just made me waste 15 minutes of my lunch hour searching for BLACK BEAR carcasses found in the wild.
I found nothing on Google about it. Perhaps you could provide an actual link next time. And we are not talking about hunter kills.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
As was posted on page one... The Woods have no problems in creating food sources from dead carcasses. A large animal would get consumed more rapidly because of it's sheer mass by predators.

I refer again off of page one to the below.. this is only in 8 days

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

edit on 9/14/2018 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Been there, done that.

It can be extremely frightening, too.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated
You just made me waste 15 minutes of my lunch hour searching for BLACK BEAR carcasses found in the wild.
I found nothing on Google about it. Perhaps you could provide an actual link next time. And we are not talking about hunter kills.

You may have wasted 15 minutes, but it wasn't because you couldn't find examples...

Here is one...

Bear Bones, National Park Service

I could also link to a competing forum with a thread on cryptology where pictures of other dead bears found in wild.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
You may have wasted 15 minutes, but it wasn't because you couldn't find examples...
Here is one...
Bear Bones, National Park Service
I could also link to a competing forum with a thread on cryptology where pictures of other dead bears found in wild.

As intelligent emotional beings, I could imagine them burying their dead in out-of-the-way places. Those would be very hard to find and prove. Which could be a reason why nobody has (at least publicly) found or proven any.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join