It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard to believe Bigfoot exists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've never encountered one, but I personally believe it is real.

The more I read about it the more I realize it is harder not to believe.

There have been numerous sightings going back hundred of years.
Many Native Americans have tales regarding Bigfoot
Stories of bigfoot have been shared all corners of the earth.
There are photos and videos.
If the photos are too fuzzy people say they are fake, if they are too clear people say they are fake.

For those that don't want to believe it is a different species:
We know for a fact there are people that have pituitary disorder that makes them grow extra large and tall (Yao Ming is over 7 ft tall!)
We know for a fact there are people that have a hypertrichosis in which hair grow all over the body.

With just the knowledge of the two things above, why couldn't there be people (beings) that have a disorder that combines both? Maybe they just don't want to be bothered?

I'm sure there are people that lie about seeing them, but could all these people over many many years be lying the same lie? Do we not want to believe because there is a possibility something out there is more intelligent than us?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Cause maaaaaaan

Where are the dead bodies

Haha

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

There's tons of evidence but the good evidence gets mixed in with the bad...and sometimes the guys getting the good evidence start faking evidence to make themselves look better. It's very difficult to remain objective in a field where there is very little, if any, of the scientific method being followed, or even professed and even the "researchers" fight amongst themselves.

As for me personally: I think the evidence for the existence of a sasquatch/bigfoot creature far exceeds the evidence against it. There are footprints, and some photos, film of creatures and thousands of eyewitnesses including rangers, wildlife officers, hunters, military. The issue with most of the sightings is that they are fleeting chance encounters which last a few seconds at most.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

where are all our dead bodies? Sure we put nice headstones up, but who's to say Harry doesn't just bury his dead?

link   

I think that is one of the funniest thing people say.
I live in the sticks, I've only once found an animal carcass.

If bigfoot lives in caves like some believe maybe there are bones/bodies down there somewhere.

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Cause maaaaaaan

Where are the dead bodies

Haha

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I understand your frustration.
Billions believe in one god or another and there is far more evidence of the existence of bigfoot.

As for myself I have never seen bigfoot, a UFO or a ghost. I will accept the possibility of their existence but I need proof.

I have always had this idea in my head that when somebody finally shoots a bigfoot and we have a perfect focused picture.....

That its face will just be blurry...
All those years the blurry pictures were actually in focus....lol

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

bigfoot doesn't exists, the same with loch ness or yeti. there is no single proof for the existence of one these, only thousends of blurry videos and crazy stories.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

evvery ancient culture had a " thunder god " - that was responsible for thunder and lightning

all but landlocked anceient cultures had a superanatural explaination for occeanic salinity

the north american aborigiones had a quite " interesting " explaination for the origins of ccorn [ maize ] - source

are you sure you want to use " primitivve cultures say " - as evvidence ???

you cannot cherry pick
edit on 6-9-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I'm sure there's a lot of mythology regarding different creatures.
I don't just want to use primitive cultures, but all different times, many different people all agreeing this thing exists.

Like this account:
"In the January 1887 Del Norte Record the following article told of a close encounter with Bigfoot, then called Wild Man, in the area between Marble Mountain and Happy Camp. The experiencer, Mr. Jack Dover, was considered an upstanding and trustworthy citizen with a high credibility factor."
activenorcal.net...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I think that is one of the funniest thing people say.
I live in the sticks, I've only once found an animal carcass.

If bigfoot lives in caves like some believe maybe there are bones/bodies down there somewhere.

It is the dumbest possible argument

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ancient writings and art work have been used to study history for a long time. They might not understand what they were seeing but the descriptions still have value.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No it isn't

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Personally, i've heard too many strange stories from reputable people to discount Bigfoot. The thing is, most of the areas around here i've heard stories about have either been logged or developed in the time between. If there is a Bigfoot I feel like the chances of finding one alive are going down.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I do believe their is a type of elusive hominid that lives reclusively within small units/bands in the wild.

My grandfather and his brother spoke of an encounter while hunting near the Oklahoma and Kansas border just after WW2. And both told my brother and me while attending a family reunion about a decade ago. I have never had a reason to distrust anything any of the men ever said, what they conveyed was taken as fact and very detailed.

Mg

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think it is possible, but a few things stand out as to why one may not exist...

1) Given all the modern tech (particularly HD cameras, FLIR, etc) and the encroachment of man into practically every part of the country (even supposedly rural areas), it does not seem logical that solid evidence has not been found if one really did exist. I mean we can get cell phone / cctv footage of damn near every event nowadays, but for some reason anytime someone films a bigfoot, it is always with done with a 1 megapixel nokia phone from 2001.

2) It is difficult for large animals to stay hidden. Even elusive animals like cougars are seen out in the deep wilderness from time to time. I just have a hard time believing we don't have solid evidence of bigfoot given all the supposed encounters. Out of all the thousands of sighting, not one was every shot and killed. Doesn't make logical sense.

Back in the day, people didn't believe the stories of gorillas since all we could go on was word of mouth but they were eventually found in deep jungles.

3) Large animals still need to mate and eat. This makes it even more difficult to stay hidden. If Bigfoots are so elusive, then how do they find other mates?

For those who think new animals are found all the time, the last "large mammal" discovered was in 2010 and it was mongoose. It took 35 years. However, even this mongoose was known but the samples were mislabeled.

First mammal discovered in 35 years

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
existence of bigfoot is trivial. it is like finding out a new specie of a blue lighted antenna fish deep in water that is really tiny and looks real cute. it is so irrelevant. that's why.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
As goes for the decomposition issue. I have a 35 gallon fishtank in my home and 3 fish have disappeared over night. You would think I would find some evidence of the deceased fish but I have found none.

I think nature does such a good job of making things disappear that sometimes we can't know how much animals fill a particular habitat. Thus if a bigfoot body is ever found, it will just be by complete luck. The best bet is for someone to come across one and kill it with a rifle and then bring it to the publics attention.

THen again with the proliferation of trail camera's it does seem odd that no one has a good pic of one yet. Or maybe several.

Who knows? No one.

BTW, I would love to have a TV Bigfoot hunters job. Get paid for 100% failure! What a cool job.

:-)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
As Fox Mulder's office poster states, I want to believe. However, just like UFO's and the paranormal, there is still no hard physical evidence. HD quality cameras are more prevalent than ever before, yet credible sightings of all things paranormal seem to be much more rare these days. Is there a connection? I think so.

That said, I still want to believe and I have a lot of fun reading reports of UFO's, cryptos, etc. I just tend to be much more cynical than I used to be.
edit on 6-9-2018 by jtrenthacker because: words is hard

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Funny you mentioned cougars. In my area cougar sightings have been reported for decades but the DNR said people were mistaken. There were paw prints and everything. Now there are very clear home cameras and they have been seen so now it is "credible".

It was just as credible before but people and even the government didn't want to believe or were pretending not to believe on purpose. This all just happened this past year! Maybe we will have more solid proof in a few years. I do believe that these creatures are deeper in the woods and in caves, so it might be more difficult to capture them in the moments they are outside.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join