It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard to believe Bigfoot exists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Not hard at all, since I've seen Sasquatch with my own two eyes.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Do tell!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Video or it didn't happen

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

The really annoying thing about it is, I had a perfectly servicable disposable camera in my glove compartment. ...and it didn't occur to me 'til it was far, far too late. Like a week later...

I was seriously annoyed with myself.
Still am.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I saw a bald eagle with a live cat in its claws flying. I was in such awe that I never took a video or photo. It was around 10 ft from me! Biggest photo regret in my life. Luckily there was another person with me to witness it.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just the idea Bigfoot exists is ridiculous! Everybody knows Slenderman would have mentioned Bigfoot, at some point, if Bigfoot existed.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

You are very welcome!

I can't choose a favorite but his videos breathe new life into the Bigfoot phenomenon.

Another great one: youtu.be...

Unrelated, he is also a truly knowledgeable and talented dog trainer. I can't imagine those who subscribe for his dog training vids and stumble onto the Bigfoot stuff. 😂😂😂

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: Edumakated

For those who think new animals are found all the time, the last "large mammal" discovered was in 2010 and it was mongoose. It took 35 years. However, even this mongoose was known but the samples were mislabeled.

First mammal discovered in 35 years

and I give you this:

10 new mammals discovered...

Is it possible that extremely shy and elusive creatures exist? I think so.

All of the arguments against the existence of a large ape like creature are basically: We haven't classified it so it doesn't exist.

One day someone will be able to kill one and before it's snatched up by an alphabet agency, they'll be able to get body parts out to separate labs for testing, classification and such. JMO.

Yeah, but all those "discoveries" are just slight variations of existing mammals and relatively small creatures. Some had already been discovered but mislabeled. My point is that when was the last large unique mammal discovered? By large, I mean some unique Rino or completely different Gorilla.

The odds of any large mammal remaining hidden these days practically zero.

With that said, I wuold not be surprised if there was some huge Megoladon or other sea creature in the ocean that has yet to be found.
edit on 6-9-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I like the idea of Bigfoot, but solid proof of its existence remains just out of reach.

Just like with aliens. I have no reason to believe that they can't exist, but that's definitely not the same as having undeniable proof that they actually do.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

For those who think new animals are found all the time, the last "large mammal" discovered was in 2010 and it was mongoose. It took 35 years. However, even this mongoose was known but the samples were mislabeled.

First mammal discovered in 35 years

and I give you this:

10 new mammals discovered...

Is it possible that extremely shy and elusive creatures exist? I think so.

All of the arguments against the existence of a large ape like creature are basically: We haven't classified it so it doesn't exist.

One day someone will be able to kill one and before it's snatched up by an alphabet agency, they'll be able to get body parts out to separate labs for testing, classification and such. JMO.

Yeah, but all those "discoveries" are just slight variations of existing mammals and relatively small creatures. Some had already been discovered but mislabeled. My point is that when was the last large unique mammal discovered? By large, I mean some unique Rino or completely different Gorilla.

The odds of any large mammal remaining hidden these days practically zero.

With that said, I wuold not be surprised if there was some huge Megoladon or other sea creature in the ocean that has yet to be found.

Bili Ape is a good example, standing 5 to 5.5 ft tall. "Discovered" in 2006. If Bigfoot is just an evolutionary offshoot, much like this creature, why can't it exist?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There are stories of many mythological creatures that go back many more thousands of years than bigfoot that don't exist.

Stories mean nothing.

Show me the compelling physical evidence. There is none. And I've looked into myself. I want to believe - but I don't.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Stories mean nothing.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. To you maybe, or to, well, most... But to me, my story, and I freely admit, that it doesn't in any way constitute "proof", except to me.

You should be skeptical. In your position, I certainly would be.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Many storries from very reputable people,dna,evidence,history,and the government even list's them in guide books,sounds like evidence to me,some believe in a book that has been re written about 8 times in last 800 yrs,from some ones words,think about that before casting stones,a true comparison

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
ah the " species "X" was not discovered till ........... "

has reared its ugly head

every single " new species " thats been cited is a close relative of - and branched from the ancestor species of several known species - that livve in the same area - and are often hard to distiguish without detailed examination

the latest citation " bili ape " is a textbook example

yes it has eolvved to a degree that speciation is accepted - and its taxonomically different to common or eastern chimps - BUT - all 3 share neibouring ranges -

using real " new species " to claim that a giant primate is abroad in the CONUS is absurd

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

I believe Todd Standing had a few real experiences, possibly even has some real evidence. Then I think he found a way to create some fake evidence to promote himself. Because of this I completely discount the man.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
ah the " species "X" was not discovered till ........... "

has reared its ugly head

every single " new species " thats been cited is a close relative of - and branched from the ancestor species of several known species - that livve in the same area - and are often hard to distiguish without detailed examination

the latest citation " bili ape " is a textbook example

yes it has eolvved to a degree that speciation is accepted - and its taxonomically different to common or eastern chimps - BUT - all 3 share neibouring ranges -

using real " new species " to claim that a giant primate is abroad in the CONUS is absurd

Exactly.

No one has discovered a completely unique and easily identifiable large mammal in god knows how long. There is no way a bigfoot could remain hidden today in the CONUS. I can concede there could be a chance in remote areas like Artic / Antarctic or maybe even Siberia. Places where you may not have a human presence at all (and where humans rarely go) for hundreds if not thousands of miles. However, no way I am believing that a bigfoot is roaming the forests of Ohio or other areas near human civilization.

I do think there may be some super large sea creatures that have yet to be seen though. They've found whales with massive scars that appear to be from giant squid that would have to be gigantic.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The biggest issue I see in this thread is the fact that minds won't expand.

Literally, the majority assumes its some wild animal, like a panther and is prone to beastly boundries.

I think they are intelligent, very intelligent and avoid humans at all cost and go thru painful and necessary measures to do so.

Masters of the wild, I wouldn't be surprised if they elude even our sophisticated cams.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

That is exactly what I am thinking. Man is so arrogant, which is why he is so easily fooled.

I really do think they live mostly in caves and such and don't come up very often. I think about the boys in that Thai cave. They said it went on for miles. Just imagine that.

I've always wondered if they were just a group of unusually large hairy humans that were very smart and just wanted to be left alone. I heard there was a little people village, of course people believe in little people because they are in our society.
There is even a family of blue skinned people in Kentucky. Speaking of which I actually saw one of the blue skinned people in my grocery store. The weirdest thing was that his eyes even looked a different color, wasn't sure if it was because of his skin or if it is was really colored differently. Most people would not believe there are blue people, but sure enough it is real.
abcnews.go.com...
www.iflscience.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I tend to lean towards the lost tribe or some other form of human, as opposed to a giant ape. There are also quite a few people who claim that the bigfeets are inter-dimensional(extradimensional?) I kind of feel that is a cop-out to the not being able to find bodies argument. But there are people who will tell you they have seen them phase shift or whatever in front of their eyes, and even go as far as to say that is why any pics or vids of them are usually weird looking or not good quality.
Plenty of stuff on youtube about that school of thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join