It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard to believe Bigfoot exists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
With today's technology he would have been found by now .

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Edumakated

Funny you mentioned cougars. In my area cougar sightings have been reported for decades but the DNR said people were mistaken. There were paw prints and everything. Now there are very clear home cameras and they have been seen so now it is "credible".

It was just as credible before but people and even the government didn't want to believe or were pretending not to believe on purpose. This all just happened this past year! Maybe we will have more solid proof in a few years. I do believe that these creatures are deeper in the woods and in caves, so it might be more difficult to capture them in the moments they are outside.

Correct, but they are being caught on film now and thus we have proof. Why hasn't bigfoot? There is no logical reason a bigfoot has not been clearly caught on a trail camera, CCTV, cell phone, dashboard camera, drone, FLIR, etc given how ubiquitous they are nowadays.

I went hiking in Bend, OR and saw a sign warning of last cougar sighting. It was interesting to me mainly because I'd never been in an area known for cougars. It had been about 6 months since last known sighting. Even in CA, I saw a bobcat cross a highway while driving in Carmel. I went hiking in Alaska and saw Grizzlies while on the trail.

I just have a hard time believing a creature as large as a bigfoot can remain fully hidden today. The only way I could believe it is if the stayed in a relatively small mountainous area where you don't see humans AT ALL - think some extremely remote area of Alaska, Artic, etc. However, this is not what is being claimed as we have thousands of alleged sightings.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I haven't seen anything that convinces me of it and therefore, it's as hard to believe as anything else I have seen no convincing evidence for.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I was never quite convinced until I stumbled onto Peter Caine and his 2 Youtube channels.

For example: youtu.be...

Poor guy, must have been a traumatic experience.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Mountain Monsters and Alaska Monsters claim there are entire clans of bigfoots.

If Willy can't keep one in a trap, then I don't think anyone can...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
1000s of encounters not even a single hair
im lucky to eat out without having a human hair in my food but bigfoots chances of droping one is less than 1 in a 1000 when hes covered head to toe

someone would of found a hair

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I live in the sticks, I've only once found an animal carcass.

I live and hunt in Pennsylvania. I also hunt most years in Montana. I find dead critters all the time. Never found a bigfoot.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Really all it would take is a 30 day expedition into a recent hot spot with thermal drones to find Bigfoot if he was real .

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Because in a time of satellite, cameras built into everything, and people with money and time to hunt the forest 24/7 and we still have no physical evidence of this thing.

Where are bigfoots droppings, bones, fur that we can dna test? Where are bigfoots homes and the leftovers from its meals?

Common since is why people don't believe in bigfoot.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

For those who think new animals are found all the time, the last "large mammal" discovered was in 2010 and it was mongoose. It took 35 years. However, even this mongoose was known but the samples were mislabeled.

First mammal discovered in 35 years

and I give you this:

10 new mammals discovered...

Is it possible that extremely shy and elusive creatures exist? I think so.

All of the arguments against the existence of a large ape like creature are basically: We haven't classified it so it doesn't exist.

One day someone will be able to kill one and before it's snatched up by an alphabet agency, they'll be able to get body parts out to separate labs for testing, classification and such. JMO.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Is it possible that some sort of Bigfoot type creatures once existed in various places around the world? Sure. I have no problem in thinking that's a possibility.

Are there strong odds that the last of them died out long, long ago? Yeah, I think so.

I'm not here to discount anyone's experiences, as I'm not wearing your shoes, but I don't have much faith that actual proof that they are out there currently is forthcoming.

Hey, I feel the same about aliens and ghosts too, but some recent events have me questioning my position on ghosts, so anything is possible, I guess.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Is it possible that some sort of Bigfoot type creatures once existed in various places around the world? Sure. I have no problem in thinking that's a possibility.

There were at least 5 species of "Homo" until as late at 14,000 years ago. We find the old bones, and date them.

No new bones? Maybe all dead.
edit on 6-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
While there may not be "proof" of their existence, there is certainly evidence.
Never seen one myself.
Highly recommend watching "Discovering Bigfoot" on Netflix.
The shots of bigfoot are pretty convincing.
If it's a hoax, it's a damn good one.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Noromyxo

The Patterson film is why I believe.

It is not a human in a monkey-suit. Of course
the experts have analyzed the film to death
but there is only one conclusion, that was
probably BigFootess in his film.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

I live in the sticks, I've only once found an animal carcass.

I live and hunt in Pennsylvania. I also hunt most years in Montana. I find dead critters all the time. Never found a bigfoot.

How about bear bones? I'd try looking for Youtube videos, for hunters who had found bear skeletons or bones, but nothing. From this video it would seem bone marrow and bone is a valuable food source, so even a skeleton would be eaten:

Bigfoot would have to compete against bears and wild hogs for somewhere to live. There's a theory that if polar bears and brown bears were to mate, then the offspring could have the ability to dig nests under tree roots. Polar bears carve dens out of the ice and snow. Brown bears just use caves.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I have found a few bear skulls in Pennsylvania. I brought one home and boiled/bleached it. It is on a shelf in my living room. There are a ton of bears here.

Out in Montana I mostly find old deer, mule, cow and antalope bones, but I also find a lot of dinosaur bones in eastern Montana. I brought back about 5 pounds for my co-worker's after a trip out there this summer. Last year on my brother in laws ranch they found the biggest triceritops skull ever found. It in now in the Smithsonian in Denver.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Any court of law would accept the evidence provided by the bigfoot community as factual evidence.

The people that don't want to believe that it could be real are the ones that either have zero mystery in their lives, and/or have not spent any amount of time in the wilderness.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noromyxo
While there may not be "proof" of their existence, there is certainly evidence.
Never seen one myself.
Highly recommend watching "Discovering Bigfoot" on Netflix.
The shots of bigfoot are pretty convincing.
If it's a hoax, it's a damn good one.

Todd Standing seemed to want to make a documentary about himself, not bigfoot. He accomplished this. The video of an alleged bigfoot at the end of the film is cool, but I believe it is a fake.
Sister is a make up artist.
A good read.

People that deliberately hoax this stuff are doing a major disservice to the people that have dedicated their lives to the pursuit of the truth. Whether it is real or not.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: stormcell

I have found a few bear skulls in Pennsylvania. I brought one home and boiled/bleached it. It is on a shelf in my living room. There are a ton of bears here.

Out in Montana I mostly find old deer, mule, cow and antalope bones, but I also find a lot of dinosaur bones in eastern Montana. I brought back about 5 pounds for my co-worker's after a trip out there this summer. Last year on my brother in laws ranch they found the biggest triceritops skull ever found. It in now in the Smithsonian in Denver.

Pics!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

I was never quite convinced until I stumbled onto Peter Caine and his 2 Youtube channels.

For example: youtu.be...

Poor guy, must have been a traumatic experience.

THANK YOU. Thank you! For that link.

People: click on that link, and go straight to this guy's video titled "Bigfoot Stories from Beaver Dams NY." You'll see the video is over ten minutes long and you'll think "No way will I watch this whole video," but after two or three minutes you won't be able to stop.

Just do it.
edit on 6-9-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join