It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania GOP official who called kneeling NFL players ‘baboons’ resigns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No one is talking about police violence because of this. All their protest does is anger people and cause them to tune out. The only conversation this causes is the one about how inappropriate most people find this.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I’d like to know how many of these kneeling players commit themselves to the ‘cause’ in the off-season, when the camera isn’t on them? I feel the majority of the kneeling is a publicity stunt for show only, where no true intentions exist to affect real change.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
They shouldn't be monkeying around during the anthem.

But seriously, they are spoiled and I don't support professional sports because it's just another business scam that takes tons of money from normal people and gives it to people who don't deserve it IMO.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Vector99

Think of it this way, imagine you are at a checkout stand at a grocery store, and the person checking all the items decides to take a 10 minute break and tells you that you have to just wait. Would you sit there for 10 minutes waiting?

Depends on the reason.

If it was to protest government and police violence then yes I would wait.

Well frankly,bad choices by the perps bring bad consequences.

My only problem with the attention for issues like that are that the ones they choose to use as examples are thugs doing very bad things and being dangerous and stupid. Idiots that were putting themselves in bad situations and forced a LEO to respond.

It is simple as hell, PO PO says stop, you stop. That is what my dad taught me and to be nice cause we can't fix it if I mess up and don't listen to them when they are forced to make split second decisions. Only a fool plays with fire.

If they would pick real cases where this happened instead of examples like the Travon Martin case where that person just goes ninja mode and assaulted someone, then gets killed by the victim. Or the Fergisson incident, where the fool reaches for the cops gun. Are there many real cases where the perp stood still and got shot? If so, then I am sure I could see their point and we would march with them. I don't see that a perp running from the cops and pointing weapons at them should get you a free pass from them anymore than I expect to get away with that.

edit on 1-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Listen to famous NFL activist Jim Brown if you want to see someone who has helped the black community and he sees the reality of the bad choices bring bad consequences. If they stand up for the truth, I am with them. So far they spin it that criminals basically deserve to get away.

If the PO PO dealing with one of us being a dumbass and tells you "don't move or I will be forced to shoot" and you move or act the least bit like you are going to be violent you are being VERY stupid.

That one where the perp was forced to low crawl and the LEO killed him is murder (i can't recall white or black but it was wrong and I think Murder). I have seen the foolish actions by these perps so many times and it is no matter the race of the perp. Just the other day in the news somewhere in the South, a White Guy taking a dog to his local County Animal shelter that ended bad. That man didn't listen and ended up DEAD. Yes the cop was tough on him IMO before the idiot started being uber stupid. There was a female cop that shot him as the male cop was wrestling with that man, this idiot reaches for something and gets a bullet to the gut and dies. SO, instead of helping the LEO's resolve it he was pushing for suicide by cop.
Too many don't believe the cop should go home safe to his family for my taste.

edit on 1-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Then stop watching or change the channel, it's that simple.

Or make your own NFL league.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Nfl ratings dropped 10% last year so that's pretty much what has happened.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The NFL has never been strictly a business. It was the great all American pastime that has been hijacked by politics. The involved players knew it and used it. In doing so, they have greatly angered the white man to the point of hurting the game and their business model.
They have definitely changed the discussion to a litmus test for the owners and the watchers of the game from whom they derived those outlandish paychecks.
Well, the discussion has changed and put the spotlight where the players didn't expect. Football is an unnecessary game and the players are not the heroes people put them up to be.
The NFL is now in a freefall from which they may not recover.
Highschools all over the US are suffering from a a lack of interest and Monday nights are not the same. The viewership is rapidly declining.
Not sure if the kneelers expected this result but they got a discussion going-maybe not the one they wanted.
You bring politics into a very substantial and lucrative field, you can't control the results.
Looks like a fail at this point and a rapid deterioration for football but time will tell.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Wait whats wrong with monkeys protesting? You guys are speciests monkeys have rights to.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I never needed someone else to give me examples of police violence.

I am a victim of it.
I have friends that are victims of it.

I just wish more people with loud voices like these players have were speaking out and protesting about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Exactly, Do you have to stand for the national anthem before you start your days work? So why do they? a reply to: Vector99

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

I used to watch every game. Now I only watch if they happen to show my team but more often than not I skip it and watch other ways that don't give ratings.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

If it was played then yes, I would. They don't have to, they can kneel and get criticized.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

link   
@Southern Guardian - the people are attacking the American flag. Tell the NFL players to do something instead of hating, then more people won't respond to what you consider a negative comment. You kneel for the flag, you deserve anything people say about you.

If the NFL players want to make a difference, I want to see any of the Bears players actually moved into the south side of Chicago where all the black on black mass shootings are happening. On a side note, If any of them move there, can they please take David Hogg with them.....

link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So NFL players are free to kneel, but everyone else can't be free to comment (as they choose) on the kneeling.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
They shouldn't be monkeying around during the anthem.

Heh.. I see what you did there.

See my picture above

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No one is talking about police violence because of this.

I am.

Many people are . You are just not hearing it.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Exactly, Do you have to stand for the national anthem before you start your days work? So why do they? a reply to: Vector99

Sigh...

No one HAS to do anything. You can appreciate a painting, not for WHY it was painted, but because it was. Here, the difference is, the BECAUSE. No one would give a flying crap if they all just went "I feel a bit kneely today, might kneel. I'm kneeling. Don't mind me"

They're pissed off because these hooligans are saying "Oi, Watch me kneel for what I think you should really be interested in, and I'll do it no matter what, because I'm special."

Bunch of wankers. In my honest opinion, only.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join