It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania GOP official who called kneeling NFL players ‘baboons’ resigns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Rob420

My viewership went down about 80%. NFL was polled at 57% with positive view a year ago and now it's at 37%.

Panthers were sold for 20% less than it was estimated it should sell for.

NFL is not dying but it's definitely feeling it.

Loss of viewership is primarily due to poor rule changes and poor officiating. Anyone who is a serious NFL fan doesn't care that much about kneeling. Who cares? The game hasn't even started yet.. people are busy prepping their snacks. : P

The whole thing is a mess though, as the players have lost their focus (many kneel for the sake of kneeling, not for a protest of anything), Trump shouldn't be involved at all (as his focus actually has nothing to do with disrespecting anything, for him, it's about revenge against the NFL), the players union screwed up trying to "fix it" this year.. it's a fiasco. But fans typically don't care. I'd like to think the more intelligent fans realize it has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag or service men and woman.

I'm more annoyed with the networks hyper-focusing on it every game.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I don't see what the problem is. Its not like no one ever used baboon as a verb before. "Her hair was babooning down her back." Its the language - use it.

Let’s see how the baboons get paid when white people paying their salaries,” she added. 

Please stop! with the explaining away the obvious, especially in this context, she said what she said and meant what she said as she kept repeating it through out her rant.
The fact that you can't see a problem with it , is not about your eyes but with you being willful blind.

Being as honest as I can be right now - her comments were an insult to baboons everywhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Rob420

My viewership went down about 80%. NFL was polled at 57% with positive view a year ago and now it's at 37%.

Panthers were sold for 20% less than it was estimated it should sell for.

NFL is not dying but it's definitely feeling it.

NFL tv viewership is down but so is EVERYTHING else on tv. It has been so for years. People are (1) galvanized by the Trump circus news and (2) folks (especially younger ones) are using media other than plain old tv to watch sporting events and shows. FACTS.

That racist woman is just one of many out there who is getting what she deserves.

NFL players are protesting and will protest UNTIL the establishment recognize and acknowledge their plight with police brutality against black people.

A simple way to quell the issue would be to have those in power publicly acknowledge the issues and to work with black, brown and white to mitigate the on-going blue on black brutality.

This would be a start in the right direction.

edit on 3-9-2018 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If people would have just ignored this it would be nothing now. So what some guys kneel at the anthem, its meaningless in reality. Peoples obsession with it is what has given it its legs.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I don't see what the problem is. Its not like no one ever used baboon as a verb before. "Her hair was babooning down her back." Its the language - use it.

Let’s see how the baboons get paid when white people paying their salaries,” she added. 

Please stop! with the explaining away the obvious, especially in this context, she said what she said and meant what she said as she kept repeating it through out her rant.
The fact that you can't see a problem with it , is not about your eyes but with you being willful blind.

Being as honest as I can be right now - her comments were an insult to baboons everywhere.

Off course they are, because black folks who make U uncomfortable are less than animals.
edit on 4-9-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

A simple way to quell the issue would be to have those in power publicly acknowledge the issues and to work with black, brown and white to mitigate the on-going blue on black brutality.

This would be a start in the right direction.

BLM says all the time white people aren't welcome.

Cops abuse all races.

I already quoted Kap, kneeling is about refusing to respect America because it's all racist, not just cops.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Off course they are, because black folks who make U uncomfortable are less than animals.

That is your projection, but I do not see it that way. Skin color doesn't enter in to it. Acting like a baboon in not limited to those of dark skin.

In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Professor McGonagall spoke to the class regarding dancing at the Yule Ball: "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in one night, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!"

Not one single complaint of racism.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Dude or dudette?? whatever man whateverrrr...
..have a beer..

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join