It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania GOP official who called kneeling NFL players ‘baboons’ resigns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So NFL players are free to kneel, but everyone else can't be free to comment (as they choose) on the kneeling.

Kneelings... nothing more than kneelings... Oh wait, Feelings.. Damn it.. :/

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
She calls them as she sees them. Overpaid entertainers pretending to care and garnering some street cred. If the NFL goes away, it goes away.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Exactly, Do you have to stand for the national anthem before you start your days work? So why do they? a reply to: Vector99

Why do they?
Simple answer.
They signed a contract.
They have a code of conduct policy.
The team owners decide what that code is.
If they don't like it then they shouldn't have signed the contract.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
people who get so riled up about a few people kneeling are the epitome of a snowflake. it's hilarious.

and, those who complain about how much money they make are special.

kneeling for god's sake - the horror!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
just stop it already this is idiotic

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

If their kneeling is no big deal, then telling them to stand at attention shouldn't be a reason to be a snowflake either.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The hypocrisy is astounding!

People are defending the rights of kneelers but are punishing people who use their rights to comment on the kneelers.

Either you defend free expression or you don't.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

ya, kneeling is SO disrespectful.

it's not like they're turning thier backs or giving the bird - they're kneeling. grow up people, jesus.

edit on 1-9-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

NFL players are EMPLOYEES

When I watch football I don't wan't to think about politics, I want to think about football.

NFL players didn't used to be on the field during the National Anthem.

That started circa 2009, driven by DoD recruiting efforts.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

When I watch football I don't wan't to think about politics, I want to think about football.

Players are not required to be on the field now during the anthem.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

they want to keep telling me how I am oppressing someone.

Ahhh no! they are not, unless you are a cop who is guilty of shooting some unarmed black person , why would you even assume they were referring to you... Stop being vain and think every thing is about you.
edit on 1-9-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Vector99

Think of it this way, imagine you are at a checkout stand at a grocery store, and the person checking all the items decides to take a 10 minute break and tells you that you have to just wait. Would you sit there for 10 minutes waiting?

Depends on the reason.

If it was to protest government and police violence then yes I would wait.

Well frankly,bad choices by the perps bring bad consequences.

My only problem with the attention for issues like that are that the ones they choose to use as examples are thugs doing very bad things and being dangerous and stupid. Idiots that were putting themselves in bad situations and forced a LEO to respond.

It is simple as hell, PO PO says stop, you stop. That is what my dad taught me and to be nice cause we can't fix it if I mess up and don't listen to them when they are forced to make split second decisions. Only a fool plays with fire.

If they would pick real cases where this happened instead of examples like the Travon Martin case where that person just goes ninja mode and assaulted someone, then gets killed by the victim. Or the Fergisson incident, where the fool reaches for the cops gun. Are there many real cases where the perp stood still and got shot? If so, then I am sure I could see their point and we would march with them. I don't see that a perp running from the cops and pointing weapons at them should get you a free pass from them anymore than I expect to get away with that.

Why wasn't Trayvon Martin standing his ground?

He was chased through a neighborhood by a man in a vehicle, then on foot. Said man was armed, and had talked with the police, who told him not to chase him through the neighborhood.

What about Philando Castile?
What about John Crawford?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Greven

Players are not required to be on the field now during the anthem.

That's a recent development, then.
NFL players not required on field for national anthem until 2009

NFL players weren't required to be on the field for the national anthem until 2009.

In 2012, the Department of Defense began paying NFL teams for "patriotic salutes."

NFL Policy Will Require Players on Field to Stand for Anthem, Show Flag 'Proper Respect'

NFL owners voted to settle the national anthem debate, removing a requirement for players to be on the field for the anthem, and giving players the option to stay in the locker room.

May 23, 2018
edit on 8Sat, 01 Sep 2018 08:53:30 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

So basically the owners gave the players the ability to stay on the field and stand at attention during the national anthem or to leave the field.
The only reason for players to kneel is to make a political statement.

Fine the crap out of them.
If they wear the wrong pair of shoes players get fined.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
NFL is doing fine. Last year was a record year for revenue. This year will bring even higher revenue. I watch the NFL to watch football. Most of the time the anthem isn't even televised.

Tim Teebow used to kneel and pray during the anthem and no one had a problem with that, and in fact it helped elevate him to "sainthood" for many viewers.

But then again Tim Teebow wasn't black.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

And tebow wasn't protesting.
Context matters

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
NFL is doing fine. Last year was a record year for revenue. This year will bring even higher revenue. I watch the NFL to watch football. Most of the time the anthem isn't even televised.

Tim Teebow used to kneel and pray during the anthem and no one had a problem with that, and in fact it helped elevate him to "sainthood" for many viewers.

But then again Tim Teebow wasn't black.

Most all people do not care! Standing strong against the players paints you as a racists lunatic. People do not let this issue cost you your job. In all things it is a speck of insignificance.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Justoneman

I never needed someone else to give me examples of police violence.

I am a victim of it.
I have friends that are victims of it.

I just wish more people with loud voices like these players have were speaking out and protesting about it.

What examples do we see i asked and this is my reply?

Often people THINK they are a victim while being an idiot as the practice of victimhood is a real issue instead of taking responsibility for ones own actions. I am NOT saying you but often the situation is someone acting an idiot thinks they should walk away without consequences for their actions.
edit on 1-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
oh lord.

watching espn now.. people holding signs saying - "Every Single Person Needs jesus"

that's way more annoying to me than folks kneeling. i'm not going to go all snowflake and stop watching, tho.

go dawgs!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yea i suppose wanting peace and Jesus representing love is lost on some of you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join