It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania GOP official who called kneeling NFL players ‘baboons’ resigns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You know, what it is, the U.S. was born in rebellion, very revolution against the system of that day and seeking freedom. One of the many things fought for is that it's alright to express yourself and protest, rights most intended to protect minorities that are threatened, not majorities. It's alright to disagree with the government, if somebody is so inclined in their conscience, and it's something Americans should celebrate, whether you agree with any peaceful protester, whatsoever. That's their right, rights which have been claimed as from God and inalienable, even by every faux patriot hypocrite, waving their plastic flag, made in Communist China. It's you assclowns that seem to want to shut other people up that should concern everybody.

As to this GOP dude, he's a horse's ass who, most of all, should learn to put a sock in it, for being a political figure and showing such belligerence against what should be an honored right to protest, whether you agree or not. You can always boycott the games, then. That flag may not represent good to all, if we're talking unnecessary foreign wars killing and crippling our children for General Dynamics or Exxon, innocent people shot to death, their crime born an unfortunate color, and every Founding Father would agree crimes of a creeping state need to be protested and addressed, as they've been many times, in U.S. history. As to those who'd wish to silence their opposition, Nazis are also baboons, you know, and that for double sure, Nazis from the left, or the right.

If a football player wants to take a knee, that's really none of your damned business, anyway. You need to learn the axiom, that the primary difference between you and I is that I am not you. And most of the time, I say thank God.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

My point is we can't move on... If we don't move on.

Not that history isn't crucial, not repeating mistakes from it, but to use it as catalog of8 at the ready virtue signalling / finger pointing / rioting as also backwardsness. As we've been witnessing onfold across society like a nuclear war since 2012.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

Why would I celebrate every protest? I will celebrate a protest that's about falling short of America's great ideals, I will not celebrate a protest about American ideals being the problem, you know, because America was never great and all that.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

If a football player wants to take a knee, that's really none of your damned business, anyway.

It is as long as I'm a paying customer.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I believe that Trump asked the players to bring him their grievances, to find out just whom they're kneeling for... because the truth is that black people are not disproportionately killed given their high rates of criminality. Radio silence from the fine players in the National Felon League.
They kneel because they have no leg to stand on.
I do not watch football anymore and I traveled from WI to New Orleans for the Packers v Pats Super Bowl and we didn't even have tickets. Die hard fan in the past, now it's all political and rigged anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is purely about race, no matter what the right tells you. They create a false narrative about why the players are kneeling, so that they could use that narrative against black players. The real reason they kneel has been lost because the right has manipulated this situation to create "fake outrage".

They tell you a player kneeling during anthem is disrespectful but are perfectly OK with Tebow doing it. You would think taking a knee at any time would be disrespectful but standards are different for black player and white players.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: howtonhawky

If they kneel for that reason I'd understand because it would be a pro flag protest.

I will be with you on reserving the right for a piece of fabric with colors.

I will say the concept of all us being free that the flag symbolizes is something that is in our hearts anyway.

I loved how the movie the Postman made me feel, where the SHTF and the people rallied behind the premise that America had survived and would be sending help. It was a lie but the hope that I realized America and Freedom mean to people like me was truly an "aha moment".

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: suxx2byou99
This is purely about race, no matter what the right tells you. They create a false narrative about why the players are kneeling, so that they could use that narrative against black players. The real reason they kneel has been lost because the right has manipulated this situation to create "fake outrage".

They tell you a player kneeling during anthem is disrespectful but are perfectly OK with Tebow doing it. You would think taking a knee at any time would be disrespectful but standards are different for black player and white players.

No, it is about race for the left. For the rest of us middle and right it is about the damned truth and the examples of their grievances are BS many, many times and that is the facts.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

No, it is about race for the left. For the rest of us middle and right it is about the damned truth and the examples of their grievances are BS many, many times and that is the facts.

Then WHY has the right completely changed the narrative about what these players are kneeling for?

Why have they been saying the players are kneeling in protest of the flag and all it represents, when they are not doing that and are kneeling due to police violence against fellow Americans.

WHY ARE THEY PUSHING THIS FALSE NARRATIVE, IN REGARDS TO WHY THEY ARE KNEELING?
edit on 1-9-2018 by suxx2byou99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: suxx2byou99

originally posted by: Justoneman

Then WHY has the right completely changed the narrative about what these players are kneeling for?

Why have they been saying the players are kneeling in protest of the flag and all it represents, when they are not doing that and are kneeling due to police violence against fellow Americans.

WHY ARE THEY PUSHING THIS FALSE NARRATIVE, IN REGARDS TO WHY THEY ARE KNEELING?

the leftist want it that way is how i see it. Push false narratives to further divide country, continue to ruin/spoil certain things for society that the left has targeted since Karl Marx. That is what is going on and it is written in the plans. The players are being useful idiots for Marxism at this point.

edit on 1-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: suxx2byou99

You don't even know what you are talking about.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people, and people of colour," Kaepernick said in a press conference

That's how this all started. It was always about that. The left are the ones lying and changing the narrative for their identity politics.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Cool so this gop official is as ignorant/bigoted as the ones kneeling during the anthem. Doesn't make either group right.

Moving on...

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Southern Guardian

NFL players are EMPLOYEES

When I watch football I don't wan't to think about politics, I want to think about football.

and what job forces you to stand for the flag???

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Why would they need to do that? They seem to be getting enough of a raise out of people like you and this GOP official doing it this way. Seems to be getting the result they want.

and when the nfl sees the income loss (which they already have) changes will be made, as they have been.

The NFL is a business, and their revenue has dropped quite considerably.

The selfish kneelers are depriving lucrative players from their full potential pay.

Let them kneel, I don't care, i just won't watch or spend.

Let them protest their way to unemployment.
you guys have been saying that for two years it hasn't cost them that much at l actaully

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob420

You can't force anyone to stand. You can discipline and fire them if they don't though.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob420

My viewership went down about 80%. NFL was polled at 57% with positive view a year ago and now it's at 37%.

Panthers were sold for 20% less than it was estimated it should sell for.

NFL is not dying but it's definitely feeling it.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't see what the problem is. Its not like no one ever used baboon as a verb before. "Her hair was babooning down her back." Its the language - use it.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Only Democrats can say it, same as monkeying around, it's racist only if you're a republican.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I don't see what the problem is. Its not like no one ever used baboon as a verb before. "Her hair was babooning down her back." Its the language - use it.

Let’s see how the baboons get paid when white people paying their salaries,” she added. 

Please stop! with the explaining away the obvious, especially in this context, she said what she said and meant what she said as she kept repeating it through out her rant.
The fact that you can't see a problem with it , is not about your eyes but with you being willful blind.
edit on 3-9-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
god damn, my whole post #ed away by the lag gods.

so yeah, hey GOP jackasses, use jackass as your go into insult instead of thinking youre a clever gal with super witty burn, instead you self sabotage yourself with your supposed wit, so stop being a jackass use jackass.

hell you can even use JACKing around.

jack·ass
ˈjakˌas
a stupid person.
a male ass or donkey.
These GOP faux pas.

But lets be real if you're a racist POS you probably can't contain it.
edit on 3-9-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join