It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania GOP official who called kneeling NFL players ‘baboons’ resigns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Yea i suppose wanting peace and Jesus representing love is lost on some of you.

The whole zombie lie started when , Trump and FOX used it as a wedge issue, the protests had nothing to do with, the flag, anthem or the military, but folks conflate all three in order to detract from what they were kneeling for in the first place, as a vet and someone who snapped to attention whenever the anthem and flag being raised I'm in no way offended by their protest,as a matter of fact I get it.

edit on 1-9-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If I don't hear it it's because no one is talking about it because of the kneeling. The kneeling is detracting from the conversation.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If it was purely "racist", those white players kneeling must be confused as all hell over this.

😝

Anyways, all humans evolved from the monkey - ape family, so this hyper sensitivity over monkey terms is somewhat absurd. Unless everyone (including the people all up in arms about these things) thinks that all Africans look like monkeys etc??? Well they don't. Not nearly all of them. I mean some do, but some of every sort do too. Bush the chimp ring any bells? Dark skin isn't hardly a comparison to monkeys. I've known many white folks, hell two I grew up with looked like gorillas. One was even a ginger. The other looked like the Grape Ape. Some people look like rodents, others like ferrets. Rodents and ferrets are mammals. Hell we share like 97% of our dna with rats. Call someone a rat is that racism? But perhaps the subject from the story did truly mean that racially... Not very clever as hardly anybody looks like a baboon.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If they can make usa flags in china hen people can kneel in protest without showing any more disrespect as every person who salutes chinese labor and fabric.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

If they kneel for that reason I'd understand because it would be a pro flag protest.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Irishhaf

I will continue to do what I have for the last couple years and not watch, not by their merchandise.

Seems fair enough.... you're well within your right to do that. Would you be willing to simply tell others like this GOP official to do the same as opposed to attacking the players? Seems both ways are peaceful in the end? Otherwise I think a beer meeting is up? Have these players meet up with the otherside and discuss it over? A beer with the president? The president can then shut them down with his view of reality?

Freedom of speech, if this clown wants to make a stupid public statement in this day and age of the constantly offended populace thats on him.

Dont mistake my general apathay towards their protest now as not having an opinon, I do and its quite strong but I rapidly learned pointing out facts in this argument is like trying to get an anti-trumper to agree he has done some good things in the face of great adversity. Aint gonna happen...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What you said would make sense only if ppl didn't use those images, to imply some group of ppl are less than human, this stemmed from the era of 19th century scientific racism, where "races" were perceived in ascending order, the "negro" being closet to apes and thus, forfeit any of their humanity,and could be used and abused by the noble Caucasians , because animals don't get to have rights..won't get more into it because it's some pretty ugly stuff.
edit on 1-9-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I quit watching NFL a long time ago. Sports and actors are overpaid wastes of perfectly good time and effort, IMO

That said, NFL is a private business and should run their business how they see fit. No public money should go toward sports or anything like that, and any type of tax break should go out the window.

But they are free to run their business how they see fit. And Americans are free to quit watching (or continue to not watch, as I have done for years)

No biggie. And the baboon statement is pretty sad, they should attack bad ideas and bad behavior not individuals personally

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

What you said would make sense only if ppl didn't use those images, to imply some group of ppl are less than human, this stemmed from the era of 19th century scientific racism, where "races" were perceived in ascending order, the "negro" being closet to apes and thus, forfeit any of their humanity,and could be used and abused by the noble Caucasians , because animals don't get to have rights..won't get more into it because it's some pretty ugly stuff.

Well that is ridiculous. That is clearly an antiquated and outdated way of viewing the world. I don't see any serious/credible individuals expressing those views.

The wrongs of the past have long since been corrected. And while it is unfortunate individuals still express these views today, it is important to recognize they are an ultra-fringe minority that isn't taken seriously by anyone serious...and that giving them lots of focus and attention is playing into their hand, as it makes them seem more powerful/numerous than they really are. It makes it seem like they aren't just losers sitting on a computer in their mama's basement being an Internet tough guy

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: howtonhawky

If they kneel for that reason I'd understand because it would be a pro flag protest.

The other side is just as bad standing and saluting sometimes a usa flag that is not really representative of the country and they do it not for those reasons but the energy is still the same. To some extent both sides are being duped.

Solution is too build the flags to be flown here and slap anyone who disrespects them after that. Protect it or loose it.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

No! If that was the case ppl like her wouldn't employ terms and images like it, antiquated as you think it, it is unfortunately still a thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

While you do have a point with that history lesson, obsessing about stuff from like hundreds of years ago like this smacks of this "progress = stuck in the past" concept I was compelled to make a thread about last week.

I mean how many people actually think about that? Outside of KKK, and sjw's, anyways....

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Southern Guardian

NFL players are EMPLOYEES

When I watch football I don't wan't to think about politics, I want to think about football.

Yes well they are People before employees.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Think of it this way, imagine you are at a checkout stand at a grocery store, and the person checking all the items decides to take a 10 minute break and tells you that you have to just wait. Would you sit there for 10 minutes waiting?

But they are not taking any special time away from the game are they?

It would be more like the cashier wore a protest Tee Shirt.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yes and free, free to find a job that allows political posturing.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

No! If that was the case ppl like her wouldn't employ terms and images like it, antiquated as you think it, it is unfortunately still a thing.

So...

If people are behaving like primates, they can be likened to them... just so long are they aren't "black". Because social darwinists in the 1800's did what they did.

Effing a man put your big boy pants on, ideally pants sown in the 21st Century, instead of the 19th.

Some friendly advice: obsessing about racism is also racism.

edit on 1-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Vector99

Think of it this way, imagine you are at a checkout stand at a grocery store, and the person checking all the items decides to take a 10 minute break and tells you that you have to just wait. Would you sit there for 10 minutes waiting?

But they are not taking any special time away from the game are they?

It would be more like the cashier wore a protest Tee Shirt.

And they'd be told to put the company shirt on or go home.

Every one knows you don't bring politics into your business unless politics are your business.

Then from the sportsman angle, stirring up divisive bs at the start of a game, um isn't their mind supposed to be on the game before them. Instead let's twist up team and fan morale with cockamaymee virtue signalling bs, bs which has no stated objective that can even be rectified.

This coming from someone who disdains that NFL type scene in general. Fair isnt always friendly. And them dudes have had too many concussions.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

My current job I'd be fired. My previous job, fired. My job in high school would have fired me too.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So the girl at the McDonald's drive through can hand out vegan flyers while at work. I'm sure the management won't mind. The NFL double standard is tolerated because people think these football players are "heroes" or some garbage. Role models they aren't if you look at the crime stats they've racked up.
edit on 1-9-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So...

If people are behaving like primates, they can be likened to them... just so long are they aren't "black". Because social darwinists in the 1800's did what they did.

Effing a man put your big boy pants on, ideally pants sown in the 21st Century, instead of the 19th.

Some friendly advice: obsessing about racism is also racism.

Why not put the onus on those who can't let19th century social Darwinism go, where are their big boy pants,funny how it's only the ones who take issue with being denigrated are the ones who are childish not the denigrator ..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join