It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico
I have had perogies before, but not plum ones. How do you make yours? Sounds interesting and yummy.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Autorico
I have had perogies before, but not plum ones. How do you make yours? Sounds interesting and yummy.

I know some folks are going to say they're not the same thing because they use yeast whereas pierogis/dumplings don't, but pirozhkis (empanadas, more or less, in terms of dough type) are virtually the same idea, just with leavened dough. I've made them many times, though my attempts at dough is usually a struggle and a half, lol. My kids love them, they call them "half moon hot pockets". Eh, close, it's a good approximation. After it bakes up, it's like a soft, fluffy, stuffed dinner roll, they're really, really addictive -- I'm a major dumpling freak with a preference for Korean mandu (dumplings), and I honestly prefer pirozhkis over pierogis/dumplings if given the choice/have the time to invest in making the dough

edit on 9/13/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ah, that makes sense. I won't go through all the trouble of making any, but if anyone wants to make some for me, feel free. LOL

Been busy, but checking in as always.
Hope your day is going well Nyiah!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Came in to share an inspiring, beautiful and enchanting video with you all. I see we've had company. Going to catch up in here now.

This is the first time I have ever quoted myself, but I know some people don't bother going back to catch up on things and didn't want anyone to miss it. Lot of good things in previous pages though.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why are you hiding my dear Sheddites? Are you busy doing happy things? Are you feeling that you don't have much to say? Are you suffering in some way or another? What are the thoughts that are wandering around in your head?

Are you new and afraid to just pop in? Don't be. This is a friendly environment, not a clique or some strange elite group. It's just a group of regular folks reaching across the miles to share our days and a bit of magic with each other.
Tell us a story, explore the enchanted lands. Let us get to know you. Oh and...have a donut, a meal or a special drink.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi everybody.

Night, thank you for re-posting that video.
I was lurking here earlier but left when a friend stopped in to visit.

I just watched it now and really enjoyed it.
Absolutely beautiful and very inspiring

I hope everyone is having a good day.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

That is a beautifully inspiring video, Night. Thanks for reposting as I missed it earlier.

G’day Sheddites, hope all is well with everyone.

Blue, Happy to read you made it to the cardiologist appointment just fine. Yay ..only 8 more days until the cast is off ! 😊

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Evening ladies!

Glad you both enjoyed the video.

Jacy, Wis showed up, but you'll have to catch up in here to see her post.

Have to make out my grocery list, but I'm right here.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hi Sheye!

Night...Aww, I see that! I've been going backwards getting caught up...looks like I missed a bunch of people in here.

Hopefully WIS and the others will pop in again soon. I guess my timing has been lousy but it's nice to read the chit-chat and see the pics and videos that people post.

😊

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Sorry, my computer decided to do updates. LOL

I too hope others will show up. Not many do these days. I am grateful for those who do or we wouldn't have a Shed. We'd just have a lonely Elf wandering the long empty halls.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

We'd just have a lonely Elf wandering the long empty halls.

Well we can't have that!

I'm here, jumping around reading different threads. I will keep you company and I even brought more peanut butter cookies.

The man who lives upstairs just got home and texted me that he can smell gas. I had to admit to him that I've never used my gas stove/oven since I moved in, lol.
I'm watching old Sex and the City reruns again, and Carrie jokes about never cooking and how she stores sweaters in her oven. I don't have any closets here but now I know where to keep my sweaters!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Ahahaha! I love your company. You make me laugh and you're cute as hell! Wait...hell is cute?

Ooooh, you sharing those cookies?

OMG, Mark went out yesterday with his Brother for a Doctor's appointment and he comes back home with a dozen donuts from Dunkin Donuts. Like I'm fat and he's diabetic... We didn't need donuts! Yes, I had two. He's a bad influence. I have no will power.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Lol...laughing is good.

Regarding the donuts...you are NOT fat! (just holding a lot of love inside)...and everybody needs a donut (or 2) sometimes.
I heard if you eat it standing up the calories don't count.
Pfft, willpower is over-rated.

Keep in mind this advice is coming from someone who eats a bag of cookies all in one evening now.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Donuts ? Cookies ?

Maybe you’re in the mood for sharing ?

Having a bad day here, and could use some food distraction. 😕

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

LOL, if the cookies were in my house, I'd be eating the whole bag too. Now I'm thinking of Oreos or chocolate chip with walnuts. Or...cake, so many good kinds of cake. I'm hungry

I can pretend to be a rabbit then I would have a passion for lettuce and carrots. LOL

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Why are you having a bad day Sheye? Here have a cookie and some cake.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have an idea... lets raid Joe’s man cave for any goodies. I hear he has a stash of all sorts of yummy things.
* runs out of post quickly *

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Why are you having a bad day Sheye? Here have a cookie and some cake.

A few reasons that I probably shouldn’t discuss, but they are health related. Feeling very blah and depressed right now, but I know it will pass.

In the meantime, cookies and cake ,it is. Nom nom nom 😋

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

*pushes bag of cookies across the table to Sheye*

I'm sorry you're having a bad day.
I've had anxiety all day...never used to be an emotional eater but that has changed.

I'm just glad that it's 7 pm and I don't have to feel guilty for not being productive any more today. Now it's time for tea and cookies, movies and curling up with my blanket.
And Shed talk.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Deep breaths between cookie bites. Think calming thoughts...sunsets and ocean waves crashing, wind through our hair, dancing in the open fields and gardens with faeries surrounding us in giggles and love. Their wings brushing across our arms and cheeks with gentle tickles.

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join