It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

LurkerRico. LOL! At least you stopped in to say hello and hoped we were all having a good day. I'll throw extra donuts out and maybe some steaks and veggies. Don't worry, I'll put everything in containers so you don't get dirt on anything.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
Hello sheddigans

Hello beautiful soul! I too loved your entry in the writer's contest! So happy to see that you stopped in. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

THIS! Wow, loved the song Light! Thank you so much! You are awfully quiet these days. I hope you're ok?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

That is one loooong smoke you are having. Where are you? What the hell are you smoking out there out there anyway? LOL

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You've been a busy beaver with your cleaning. Want to come over? We have things that need replacing around here too. Eventually...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey Night, welcome home! Glad you enjoyed your day.

I'm rummaging around trying to find the current short story entries at the moment.
(I shall return)

Lol...I posted at the bottom of the previous page, while you were posting too.

edit on 14-9-2018 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Sheye

Hi Sheye...so glad you're feeling better!

I'm living that movie "Groundhog Day" where every day is the same. I'm lonely and sad and had yet another grilled cheese sandwich for supper. Trying not to feel sorry for myself but failing. (and feel bad for admitting it)

I didn't know that Lucid had written a story for the contest so I'm going to look for it now.

OH, there you are. We can be lonely and sad together. I have peanut m&m's and I'll share them with you. You need time to heal my precious friend.

I have to confess that Lucid is one of my favorite writers. I have read so many of his things and he can really blow you away. I wish I had but a molecule of his talent. Go through his profile and find some of his prose and stories.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Oh thank you...for kind words and shared M&Ms.

You write beautifully and I trust your judgement so will go find Lucid's story and other writings.

Just had a phone call from a friend who isn't doing well...she called to let me know that she is being kept in the hospital for a few days again (psyche ward)...for depression. So I'm going back out for another smoke and then will be back to read and chat.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I'm quiet because I am angry. (Not with anyone here, just to be clear) This too will pass. Or it won't. It is what it is.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Just had a phone call from a friend who isn't doing well...she called to let me know that she is being kept in the hospital for a few days again (psyche ward)...for depression. So I'm going back out for another smoke and then will be back to read and chat.

So sorry to read about your friend. Many of us are fighting depression and sometimes I fear I’m not far off from a hospital stay, myself. Hopefully she gets the help she needs.

I think what many need to remember is this life is not easy, and just coping can take an extreme amount of strength... especially for those who have experienced trauma in bad relationships.

Lighting a prayer candle for your friend.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Hi Light...we are here if you want to vent or talk.

Thank you Sheye.
This is a friend I met in the shelter. She and I could relate because we are both being 'abandoned' by our grown kids...short version of long complicated stories of course.

I had thought about going to the hospital myself recently, but after hearing about her experiences there I really don't want to. I will go and see her tomorrow afternoon when she is allowed visitors.

I appreciate your kind words. It's hard to see good loving people suffering (and you're right...there are a lot!)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Oh Hunny, I will pray for your friend and send healing energies for her. I belong to a group on facebook that deals with many areas of mental health issues. A very informative and loving group of people. I like to be there for others to encourage and give them hope, including the admins of that group who need help themselves dealing with whatever issues they have. I know how important it is to be there for the people who are always there for others.

Love you! I know you will be like a healing balm for your friend. In spite of everything that you yourself have been through, you have it in you to be your wonderful self and help to heal others. I shall light a candle too. Hugs! Tell her she even has strangers who care.

I have lost people to suicide in years past. They get to a point where all hope is lost. It is not that they are weak, it is that they can't deal with their emotional pain any longer. You will be good for her, being there by her side.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I'm quiet because I am angry. (Not with anyone here, just to be clear) This too will pass. Or it won't. It is what it is.

You know you have us Light. We genuinely care and can be here by your side as you struggle through whatever it is that is upsetting you. Don't be shy. Please know we love and care about you. Hugs!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I had thought about going to the hospital myself recently, but after hearing about her experiences there I really don't want to. I will go and see her tomorrow afternoon when she is allowed visitors.

I’m not sure hospital stays in psych wards help much except to adjust and monitor meds.
It is what it is 😕.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I think what many need to remember is this life is not easy, and just coping can take an extreme amount of strength... especially for those who have experienced trauma in bad relationships.

So very true Sheye! There are so many different kinds of traumas in people's lives and all should be validated. When someone is hurting so deeply, I know how that feels to lose all hope. It is a very dark place to be. That is why I say we must be warriors in life. We must fight to keep the light and find our ways.

Had I have left all those years ago, I never would have met you people or known of this amazing place called the Shed or all the lovely friends I have met on this site. I would have missed many beautiful things in life that I have been able to experience since then. Hugs!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I’m not sure hospital stays in psych wards help much except to adjust and monitor meds.
It is what it is 😕.

Sheye, meds are a tough one. I have a Nephew's wife who has been in and out of psych wards. If you knew her, you would never know she suffers from a mental disease. Her meds have to be changed once in a while, but has helped her tremendously. It is getting the right med at the right dosage. It is also sticking to visits with a psychologist and staying on the meds. It takes time and sometimes a long time, but people can get help. Having a great support system of friends and family or friends who become our family helps.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Thank you so much, Night and Sheye.

I don't mean to always be so gloomy, the problem is that everyone I associate with in real life is struggling. Then many Shed family are also struggling. It's hard to be positive when there is so much sadness.

Bah!
Sorry when I read what I wrote it sounded dumb to me...so I deleted it.

edit on 14-9-2018 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Get an appointment with a psychiatrist or start with a psychologist. You need someone to talk to as you have been through so much for so long. It is very painful emotionally and you may or may not need meds. Start somewhere. You will be glad that you did. It will help. You are loved and appreciated and worthy of so much my dear friend. Don't wait!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

To lighten the mood... I do have positive moments that I'm grateful for. In my tiny patio area I am regularly visited by a bunny, a black squirrel and a tiny chipmunk. They each randomly seem to just show up when I need a smile and they sit and look at me while I talk to them. Lol

Thank you for the smile.. that was enjoyable to read.
See... even the animals like talking to you !

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I understand completely why you are gloomy. I see it too with so many people and it just breaks my heart. I cry and I reach out to whoever needs me whenever I can. I need a hug and kind words myself sometimes. So...don't worry about it for one minute!

Awwwm I love animals so much!!!!! Wish you could share pics of your little friends.

Light should know by now he can speak with an open heart and let it all out by talking to us. He'd better!

Ya hear that Light?

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join