It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thanks jacy.. 😊

I always feel guilty about being “unproductive”..😕.. Lately I have a habit of putting things off until tomorrow. These are usually chores, that require a lot of back bending ( even doing dishes , your body is slightly bent over the sink).

Pisses me off that my life has come to this, and I’m seriously considering moving into a place where I just have a room, and meals are cooked. 😕
Going to talk to my doctor again next week, because my life just can’t go on like this.

Ok.. enough depressing thoughts from me.. time for a cheery song.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I don't know about your area and exactly what the requirements are or if they even still do it, but they used to have meals on wheels where they deliver your meal to you.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh geez, please don't feel guilty...I am exactly in the same place.

I am rarely productive these days and constantly in pain (either physical or emotional). I think we should be able to talk about how we really feel instead of slapping a fake smile on our faces and saying "I'm fine".

Some people aren't happy and are struggling with their day-to-day existence.
(It's not our fault and we all deserve to be heard.)

A lot of depressed people don't speak out about how they feel because they don't want to bring anyone else down. But sometimes we just need someone to listen and say "I care".

*hugs*

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I don't know about your area and exactly what the requirements are or if they even still do it, but they used to have meals on wheels where they deliver your meal to you.

I used to deliver those meals. 😆... now I’m needing them. That is both funny and depressing at the same time.

I think I’ll just struggle along, eating my quickie meals , that don’t require a lot of dishes. I eat a lot of sandwhiches. Grilled cheese, toasted tomato with cheese, peanut butter and jelly... fried bologna ( love it ) 😆

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thanks so much jacygirl .. you’re a beautiful compassionate soul.

* hugs back*

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Thank you for saying that.
I just don't want you to be hard on yourself. There are actually a lot of people who are living/feeling the same way ...and worse.

I'm still in touch with a few women I met at the shelter. Everyone has issues with self-care/hygiene, housekeeping and diet. Most of us also have health issues or bad backs, etc.

I have been living on instant oatmeal, toast and peanut butter, an occasional frozen dinner and grilled cheese.
I also have been everyone's caregiver/volunteer all my life, and now that I need someone to help me...I'm all alone.

Some of us aren't living happy shiny lives like on TV.
Real life can be pretty awful sometimes.
But I still believe that good things are coming for each of us. It's not forever, it's just for now

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

A lot of depressed people don't speak out about how they feel because they don't want to bring anyone else down.

One thing you and others told me many times. I tried so hard to get people to realize that it's sometimes better to get things out than to keep them in. And...especially here with so many kind and compassionate souls. Glad you are finally sharing instead of keeping things locked inside.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If there is a time where your back is that severe, sit in a chair by your counter to chop and cook. For frozen meals, choose the ones with less sodium and without a ton of preservatives. You can get them and find affordable ones. Crockpot meals are easy and delicious. To save money, look at your sale flyers. We have places that sometimes have meat, buy one get the second free. Or just great sales. I got a huge chicken for five bucks. Put herbs and spices and roast that baby.

If you have coupons for an item and there is a sale on that item, that's a double plus. You can get different kinds of pasta at the dollar store and there are so many things you can do with it. Peanut butter and other items are at the dollar store too. Save as much as you can there before going to other markets.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

A lot of depressed people don't speak out about how they feel because they don't want to bring anyone else down.

I tried so hard to get people to realize that it's sometimes better to get things out than to keep them in.

You did...and you're right.

Sometimes you really need to hear from someone that you relate to. Someone in similar circumstances or state of mind...a person who "gets you" and understands how you're feeling. It's validating.
And it helps you feel less alone.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Some of us aren't living happy shiny lives like on TV. Real life can be pretty awful sometimes. But I still believe that good things are coming for each of us. It's not forever, it's just for now

Even what appears to be happy shining lives from the outside isn’t always so from the inside.
Life can be difficult, and growing old comes with its hardships for many.

Thank you for reminding me that this , right now, is not a forever thing. I needed to hear that today especially, and there is hope in a brighter future at some point.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I know how to cook and shop for bargains , Night. 😜
I have a crockpot I have used multiple times for family dinners.

The motivation just isn’t there for one person, or maybe I just don’t care.

Have tried chopping veggies, sitting down, but can’t get enough leverage to cut properly.

Think I may just start living on fruit and veggie smoothies, supplemented by ensure. 😆

edit on 13-9-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Aww, I'm glad if it helped.
That actually is my personal mantra, "It's not forever, it's just for now".
I have had many days where I've had to repeatedly say it to myself.

Night is talking about cooking and food and making me hungry. (I love how she mother's all of us).

At least this bad day is almost over and tomorrow could be much better.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

LOL!
I needed that laugh!

I cook for myself many times. Mark and I don't always eat the same things or at the same times. I was amazed when I tried a new recipe a couple of weeks ago and he loved it. Normally he won't even try something new.

Motivation is not one of my strong points and have to force myself to do things. So, I get it.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

At least this bad day is almost over and tomorrow could be much better.

That is why I always say to take one day at a time. I can never predict what kind of day tomorrow may be. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised.

And...read my signature.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I can't see your signature when I use the tablet.
I also don't see avatars and can't tell if you're online or not.

So I feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark when I start posting here because I can't tell if anyone is around.

But I know you are always positive regardless of how you're feeling.
Wish I could be like that.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hi!

I found shed material.

Official music video by Nightwish's Tuomas Holopainen, taken from his solo project 'Music Inspired By The Life And Times Of Scrooge.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

That is why I always say to take one day at a time. I can never predict what kind of day tomorrow may be. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised.

I hope I am pleasantly surprised tomorrow .. what I put off yet again today ,may get done tomorrow.😆

I may go read for awhile. Take care ladies ( and lurkers).. catch up with you in the future.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

My signature...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Oh my God Fin, I love this!!!!!
I knew I could count on you.
Hugs!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I will be out tomorrow for lunch, groceries and whatnot. I'll be checking in before I leave. Rest well.

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join