It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just want you all to know that JustMike sends his best regards to us all.

He has been very busy with renovations around the house and caring for Dada.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi Sweetheart! I am in the middle of things, but will be here to chat with. Just don't worry if there is a little delay in my responses. LOL

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Light,

I have been reading from lurker-ville and am sorry about your living arrangements...and sore foot. Hopefully at some point you can get a doctor to look and see if any bones are broken. I can't imagine how you are coping with the pain and lack of mobility though I am sure that Blue (LookingForABetterLife) can completely relate to your situation.

I shouldn't complain about my apartment, I think my situation is more comfortable than yours...but I also have noisy neighbours upstairs. It was really hard to find affordable housing and I was lucky to get into the government rent subsidy program here. The waiting list for geared-to-income housing is 6 years and regular apartments are ridiculously expensive.

I hope that eventually you will find a place that's more to your liking.
Like I said earlier, I'm grateful to have a place but I pretty much had to take what I could get.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey hunny!

Thank you for the update from Mike (& Dada)...I've been wondering how they are doing.

Don't worry about quick responses, I plan on being here for a while.
I might be slow too because I keep running out to have a smoke. It's not convenient but it has forced me to cut back a lot.

(Ssh...don't tell anyone but if you can send Pesky down to my room I could use some more pixie dust)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Pesky missed you terribly! Here she is.

Hey...where's all the donuts? Is that crumbs around your mouth? It is isn't it?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hey...where's all the donuts? Is that crumbs around your mouth? It is isn't it?

Whooa maaa? (spits out donut)

Who me?

I don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Not you eh? Bahaha, I'm turning Canadian! I think it's cute as hell actually. Remember that old show on television with those two guys? What the hell were their names?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hi Nyiah,
I really enjoy reading your posts. You have a lovely flow to your writing and it literally feels like friends sitting around chit-chatting and getting caught up with their lives.

Your neighbourhood sounds amazing and it's great to know that there are still good-hearted people who believe in caring and sharing like that.

I was driving down a residential street earlier today and saw a house that had a homemade bookcase on a stand on the front lawn. The case was filled with books and there was a sign that said "Free Library...Please Help Yourself". I thought that was such a nice idea...then came here and saw the above messages from Light (about books). I don't know if there is anything like that where Light is, but it's another unique way to help others.

I've always given/shared anything I could with anyone who needed, but this last year I have been the recipient of much generosity (thankfully). Absolutely everything in my apartment was donated/given to me by either friends or acquaintances who heard about my situation.

When I was staying at the women's shelter we would get donations of clothes, linens, food, etc. by individuals, stores, even pizza restaurants. Every time Domino's Pizza would get a prank call for pizza they would bring the food to the ladies at the shelter. A lot of my clothes were donations too.

It's been a really humbling experience but it's wonderful to know that there are still people who care about others and want to help if they are able to.
jacy

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Kya, my loud mouthed loved bug cat is meowing up a storm. He just ate and I'm waiting for my clam cakes and chowder.

Why is it so smoky in here? Who let the baby dragons run around in here? Good Lord, they'll burn the house down. They aren't trained yet.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Not you eh? Bahaha, I'm turning Canadian! I think it's cute as hell actually. Remember that old show on television with those two guys? What the hell were their names?

Eh?
Do you mean Bob & Doug McKenzie? Are you calling me a hoser?

The actors were Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis and they even did a song with Geddy Lee from Rush about the "Great White North". If that's who you mean, I'm surprised.
That is old (1980-ish)...and VERY Canadian.

(Sorry, I'm taking up a lot of space here writing now but I managed to get the laptop to work so I'm taking advantage of the keyboard!)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Wow, there is a place in my Sister's town where they have a book stand set up and give away free books. I hope that takes off in other towns as well.

There are still many loving and generous people in the world. Some people would leave books in a park or elsewhere saying free to good home. Another good idea. I would wrap it in plastic in case it rained though. There are restaurants that will share food with the homeless and we have so many people donating much needed items. In the Winter there are coats given out, we had a tree with mittens and scarfs for the homeless. I am proud of my city. They even have a place where they can wash their clothes, get haircuts, a shelter, food kitchen, counseling and job training, deal with mental health issues. It gives you hope for mankind after all the crappy things we have to deal with. Like a ripple, kindness spreads out into the world.

edit on 29-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

YES! Them! Bahaha!

Oh hell, we can run amok in here and take up pages if we want to. It's the Shed, we are allowed.

Anyone can jump in at any time.

edit on 29-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

That's good to hear.
We have a lot of programs here to assist people too but unfortunately the number of people needing help is spiralling out of control.

I wish I had kept a daily journal/blog of my experiences because trying to get help from government agencies (and their employees) was a nightmare.
Blue has been writing emails to me explaining a lot about the different processes he has had to go through to get any kind of assistance (in the U.S.). I am in Canada (as you know) but unfortunately it's pretty much the same story...there are far too many people needing help (housing/income/food/health care) and not enough systems in place to help everyone who needs it.

I literally had to fight to be heard (and helped) and I was very close to being homeless a couple of times. Now I'm on a disability and like so many others, having to figure out how to live on around $700/month...when apartments are $900-$1200+ a month (for a 1-bedroom).

I'm hoping that at some point in the future (when I'm feeling less traumatized) that I can be a volunteer advocate to help other women who are in the shelter. I actually did the math and figured out that the success rate of women leaving the shelter and getting a place to live is less that 5%.
Most of them get kicked out for drug/alcohol abuse or breaking rules and the others end up going back to their abusers (if that's an option). It's a rare few that manage to get the help they need.
Those are not good odds.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sorry...that's enough serious/depressing talk!

I just threw some fresh donuts out the kitchen window to the lurkers and am presently running amok.
(In case anyone cares to join me.)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
* catches flung donut and runs out of post quickly*

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I got caught up in watching a video about an Ex Military office talking about alien contact and secret Government stuff. Might look for a movie while making my ciggs, but will be checking in.

How shall we run amok tonight? I'm game.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Just wanted to say that more needs to be done for people who need help. I think you would be an amazing advocate for people Jacy!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Umm...really?
And that's more fun than talking to me?
I see.

Well currently I'm flinging random donuts at Sheye...re-creating the scene from Risky Business where Tom Cruise slides into the room to "Old Time Rock'n Roll"...and pestering Pesky for more pixie dust.

But you just go back to your alien video...*sniff*...I'm fine...*sob*...

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Hahaha! I'm right here. I went into the bushes because there's donuts there. I had to fight Sheye for the chocolate ones.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Don't you sometimes wonder just who is lurking out there in the bushes?
I do.

I mean, I spent almost a year out there...had my own little tent and sleeping bag. It wasn't all that comfortable sleeping on lumpy stale donuts but at least I felt like I was still here with everybody.

There are a few tents out there but I never peeked to see who was inside them. I just figured that maybe other people just wanted to be here with everyone too.

But I always leave the kitchen window propped open a little bit in case anybody decides that they want to come inside.

*turns around quickly to whip a jelly donut at Sheye*

I'm really glad that Errollorre got us our own donut making machine.
Comes in handy, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join