It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I wish you could do something about that neighbor of yours.

It is currently 4:57 Am and I haven't gone to bed yet. I did take a nap earlier though. LOL
I'll probably be going to bed real soon.

Have a great day Matthew!

edit on 27-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you, I'll do my best.
I tried taking a selfie of my hair in the small mirror in the bathroom but it ain't as easy as it looks when I see the young folks do it. My camera is cheap, the whole phone cost like 50 bucks. I took a photo of my broken foot but it didn't do the colours of the bruise justice either. In real life, the bruise was large and dark purple. On my phone it just looked a bit red.

And by the way, I just google the limericks and jokes, I can never remember them.

I'm still wondering if Blue noticed I called him Big Nose....

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Thank you, I'll do my best.
I tried taking a selfie of my hair in the small mirror in the bathroom but it ain't as easy as it looks when I see the young folks do it. My camera is cheap, the whole phone cost like 50 bucks. I took a photo of my broken foot but it didn't do the colours of the bruise justice either. In real life, the bruise was large and dark purple. On my phone it just looked a bit red.

And by the way, I just google the limericks and jokes, I can never remember them.

I'm still wondering if Blue noticed I called him Big Nose....

Yes, I have noticed your remark about the size of my nose. Hopefully years of expected therapy will help me get over it. Good morning to you and everyone else here today.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There's really no great trick,
in creating a limerick.
Just rhyme every two lines,
then it will be fine.
Then one more verse to stick.
edit on 27-8-2018 by Errollorre because: change the to then because typo. (Typo is also a rare blood form)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Me and my neighbour. We had a discussion. I closed his internet access because I'm sick of smelling Pine Breeze Ocean Spray in my room. He was a dick, that made the discussion easier.
I like a good discussion, unfortunately his answers were severely lacking. He called me immature and I laughed. Maybe he was right but I don't think so. I can still smell his chemical in my room.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hello Gentlemen! Good to see you all!

Light, It made me laugh that you took that dude's internet access away. Maybe he will stop with his pine breeze spray. I was using a wax melt thingy. I like the various scents I have. I have a can of air freshener but it's all natural and that one smells like oranges.

Tom, I know how to make a limmerick, it's just that nothing pops into my head. I last wrote one as a kid in school. Yes, that was a very long time ago. LOL
Love your new avatar!

Blue, good luck with your hearing tomorrow!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'll be in the Shed garden if anyone wishes to join me.
Anyone reading any good books lately? Going anywhere interesting? Doing anything interesting? Or is everyone hanging out on their computers like I am? LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I must hobble a coupla miles. "I'll be back."

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Several rounds of heavy thunderstorms came through last night, we got at least 3 inches of badly needed rain. And go figure, we got plenty of rain after I bet that the rain would stay well north of us, and ran the sprinkler XD

To be fair, the trees needed the sprinkler pretty bad, the maple was starting to droop. When tree leaves start to wilt, it's too darn dry out! It's not the grass I worry about when it gets that dry, it's the trees. When I turn the sprinkler on, it's more for them than the grass, they're our shade, our buffer between the heat & sun. It gets hot in the house, but if we were short a few trees around here, it'd be MUCH hotter inside on the hot days.

Unfortunately, all that rain last night means today is awful, it's sooooo humid out. YUCK.
edit on 8/27/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Glad to hear you got the much needed rain. With the rain and the sprinkler going, now you have happy trees. I love trees!

I'm seeing some hot days ahead and it always comes with humidity. You feel like you're melting! Hate it with a passion!

Matthew, enjoy your walk!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Glad to hear you got the much needed rain. With the rain and the sprinkler going, now you have happy trees. I love trees!

I'm seeing some hot days ahead and it always comes with humidity. You feel like you're melting! Hate it with a passion!

Matthew, enjoy your walk!

Michigan can get steamy, but to have both the dew point and humidity in the 70's isn't that run-of-the-mill here, from what the neighbors tell me. It's very much a "thick" southern humidity out there, and there's nothing anyone can do but wait it out

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The next couple of days will be over 90! Here in the Summers it gets hot and humid as hell. I have had the worst luck this year in the heat. I think it was earlier this Summer when it was 100 or more and our air conditioner died. We have a new one now. Twice this Summer while out with my friend on really horrid hot and humid days her car breaks down. Gah!

I just love Autumn in New England with trees in hues of red, orange and yellow and the weather is cool and crisp and comfy. We get to wear boots and beautiful sweaters, sip hot cocoa or apple cider, sit outside etc. Awesome!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

The next couple of days will be over 90! Here in the Summers it gets hot and humid as hell. I have had the worst luck this year in the heat. I think it was earlier this Summer when it was 100 or more and our air conditioner died. We have a new one now. Twice this Summer while out with my friend on really horrid hot and humid days her car breaks down. Gah!

Yep, I remember that! We commiserated about the awful weather, you with the broken A/C and me with none at all

I just love Autumn in New England with trees in hues of red, orange and yellow and the weather is cool and crisp and comfy. We get to wear boots and beautiful sweaters, sip hot cocoa or apple cider, sit outside etc. Awesome!

Autumn is the best season anywhere people get a true one
I can't tell you how much I love autumn in MI, for the same reasons you love it in NE (except the sweaters, I'm a sandals, shorts and tank top hold out, lol)

If my husband's work schedule permits this year (it didn't last year, too busy) we're hoping to do a Tunnel of Trees weekend trip. We can get the same colors here, there's also some equally scenic routes to drive locally, but M-119 seems like a whole different kind of simplicity to drive.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

So, I'm hobbling on my way back home from the shop and some guy on the street sees me hobbling and tells me I'm drunk! I get closer to the man in question and explain that my foot is half-broken. People are so judgemental. He left me alone after shaking my hand. People are weird.

The walk was worth it though. My right foot has at least 60% functionality as long as I take it easy. 2 miles, or thereabouts. My room still smells like Ocean Spray Pine Forest Breeze On Steroids but hey, at least I got something off my chest. I want to move, far, far away...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ah yes, now I remember about our heat commiserating.

Oh the tunnel of trees tour will be wonderful for you! Hope you get to go!

Oh man, pumpkins! I love pumpkins! I love looking at them, decorating with them and making stuffed pumpkin to eat. YUM! If I am really lucky, I may be able to go to an Autumnfest,...depending on my pain level and finding someone to go with. And eventually Halloween. Fun!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I thought you got abducted or something. I was just going to ask where did Matthew go????

Yes, people are judgmental! I remember one time, a diabetic man...people thought he was drunk and were laughing at him. I was so pissed! I know that diabetic symptoms can sometimes mimic symptoms of a drunk person. Someone called an ambulance at least. Poor thing!

Just like when people make fun of fat people. Perhaps they can't exercise and are on meds that make them gain weight or have some other reason. No one knows what another person may be going through.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I saw my diabetic (type II) father in intensive care thrice as an adult. He was shaking like a baby and looked like he'd taken the wrong kind of drugs. Frightening.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Wow! Yes scary! My Husband has type 2 and is a long time diabetic. With his combination of health problems, almost lost him a few times at least. His actual diet is insane and I don't know anyone who could be that disciplined. He even has to watch certain vegetables and stuff because of the potassium. So I try to let him have whatever and tell him to watch portions. That usually works, but he gets on his sweets kick or way too much sodium, which is in just about everything, even in things you wouldn't think it was in.

How are the dragon Sisters Matthew? I hope you don't mind me calling you by your given name. I could go back to LIght if you prefer. A little story would be awesome to hear.

Where the hell is Fin? Did he find the secret stash of booze or what?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join