It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi.

Well I'm pretty sure that I actually did fall asleep in here Friday evening...after admitting to gorging on peanut butter cookies (they were cheap store-bought by the way).

Saturday morning began two days in migraine hell...and I'm only now able to see well enough to come online.
So that is 3 times that I came in here to settle into our latest home...only to be thwarted. Denied!
There is a disturbance in the force or something. Did somebody leave a portal open?

So I'm not even going to try tonight...THIS is a hit and run post.
I hope everyone is well and big (hugs) all around.
Hope to see y'all soon.

Now I'm going back to lurk in the bushes because I can't handle a 4th time (or I will think it's a conspiracy).
Taking some fresh donuts with me...some git threw stale ones out earlier. Almost took out an eye.

Love, jacy

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

You have suffered with migraines for years, poor thing! Just come back in when you are feeling up to it Sweetheart. I'll go check out those portals and make sure they aren't disturbing the force.

Love you!

edit on 27-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hey ho everyone!

Tomorrow blasted morning is the big day for me. My much delayed third Social Security hearing.
This is a must win as I have few other choices on how to get by due to my health.

For those who don't know me, I was collecting Social Security and taking care of my wife as I was the cheapest nurse we could afford. She passed away four years ago and shortly after Social Security decided to "lose" all my information and stop my payments. Without income I've been forced to live with my mentally ill parents and have not transportation of my own to have any sort of life.

Now I got to hope I can actually get a few hours of sleep tonight as I have to be up by 530 am to prepare for the long trip to the hearing. My deaf/partially blind father is driving me there.

I'm not looking at this as an omen but my lawyer was scheduled to call me at 400 pm today to discuss my case. Well, she called but my funky phone sent her directly to voicemail. I called back immediately only to get what must have been their answering service. I told the operator who I was wanting to talk with and she asked for my phone number. After that she asked for my phone number again until realizing that I had already giving it to her. I gave her my first name but had one heck of time (as usual) getting her to spell it correctly. My first name if Frederick. For the live of me, no one seems to want to spell it FredErick. E's matter so leave it in. My last name is also a first name which means 50% of the business calls I get start out "Hello, can I speak with Mr. Fredrick."

Back to the fun. Hugs to everyone who has had their shots.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Good luck Sweetie! I will be thinking of you and praying for the best possible outcome. HUGS!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

My best wishes for a positive outcome !

Oh ... and a safe trip ... 😉

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Sending positive thoughts your way.
Judging by your story, I would be surprised and horrified if they don't help you out but then again I don't know how it works in the US. We're al rooting for you!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Where the hell is Fin? Did he find the secret stash of booze or what?

Here. On monday i slept my hangover away to be fit for dentist this morning at 9:30. I waited until 10 and asked a nurse for help. "no time right now, lunch time" then i asked again at 10:30 "your dentist is sick at home, come back in a week"

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

No ! You come back at " tooth hurty "!!

Yeah yeah Dad joke ...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If ever your fortress caves, you're always safe in mine

Your heart is like a fortress
You keep your feelings locked away
Is it easier?
Does it make you feel safe?

You wander through the darkness
Of wilderness behind your eyes
I know you’re afraid
But you gotta move on
Every fortress falls
It is not the end
It ain't if you fall
But how you rise that says
Who you really are
So get up and go through
If ever your fortress caves
You're always safe

I believe I know you
Yet I don't truly know myself
I pray you won't feel as alone
As I have felt

I don't want to fail you so
I tell you the awful truth
Everyone faces darkness on their own
As I have done, so will you

Every fortress falls
It is not the end
It ain't if you fall
Who you really are
So get up and go through
You're always safe in mine

The Earth spins 'round the sun
And behind everything happens
Every night that falls breaks
To sunrise

If your fortress is under siege
You can always run to me
If your fortress is under siege
You can always run

Every fortress falls
It is not the end
It ain't if you fall
Who you really are
So get up and go through
Come on through
Come on through
edit on 28-8-2018 by Autorico because: lyrics

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Good luck Blue! It isn't your fault if they lost your paperwork from years ago. Someone should have been held accountable for their huge mistake that left you without your social security payments. They should not only reinstate you, but pay you back for all the checks you have missed.

Hello Timely Dave! How are things across the pond?

Hi Matthew Light! Here in the States, things work differently depending on who is defending you and who the judge is.

Fin, didn't you have an appointment? If your Dentist was sick, they should have informed you and rescheduled. Was it a regular appointment for cleaning or are you in pain? I wouldn't want to wait an entire week if a tooth was bothering me!

Autorico, thanks for the nice song!

I'm half asleep here and have to get dressed as I am having a late lunch with my Sister later.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Leaving now. Have a wonderful day/night!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Wait, what? A judge? I really don't understand how things work there. Here you fill in some forms, go for an appointment and get assessed by a council employee and that's about it. Sounds kinda intimidating to me but each country has its own system I guess. If I were to move to another council area, they would make me wait 2 months for the first payment because that is allowed by law. How I'm supposed to survive for 2 months with no money to buy food or pay rent is something they don't tell you.

Enjoy your meal!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thinking of making some homemade drop biscuits, pepper gravy and eggs over-easy tonight for dinner. Got a hell of a hankering for some sloppy southern breakfast food for dinner tonight, and I can manage all of that from scratch < smacks lips > One of the very few things I can make that, while not spectacular, isn't offensive to the taste buds. The younger kid would definitely eat that til pigs grow wings and fly, but the other finds eggs revolting. I have no idea what I'd make for her protein serving....thaw one of the burger patties I made ahead & froze, maybe. Nah, then the other kid would want one, too.

< scratches head > I don't know. Maybe let her make a toasted cheese sammich, we have some actual cheddar for that kind of stuff (yellow plastic be damned, real cheddar makes the best grilled/toasted cheeses!)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I never liked eggs either. Eggy bread was how my Mum got me to eat eggs. (Some people call it French toast apparently.)

Break 1 or 2 eggs in a bowl, add a small splash of milk, a pinch of salt and a small grind of black pepper. Mix well. Let bread soak in mixture for 10-20 seconds (1 egg per slice of bread depending on size of egg) and fry until golden brown on both sides and serve with ketchup or similar. Old/dry bread works better and, imho, good quality brown bread but white works just as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I never liked eggs either. Eggy bread was how my Mum got me to eat eggs. (Some people call it French toast apparently.)

Break 1 or 2 eggs in a bowl, add a small splash of milk, a pinch of salt and a small grind of black pepper. Mix well. Let bread soak in mixture for 10-20 seconds (1 egg per slice of bread depending on size of egg) and fry until golden brown on both sides and serve with ketchup or similar. Old/dry bread works better and, imho, good quality brown bread but white works just as well.

Yeah, that sounds like American French toast, except our version is usually with added sugar and spices and such (cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, etc) We have a penchant for eating desert-like foods for breakfast over here.

None of us really like it, though, my dad used to make it (American style) and pancakes every Sunday for breakfast when he wasn't traveling for work. I gag at the sight of any egg-soaked breads now. You version sounds much more palatable, though, I'll have to give that a try. I don't think it occurs to too many folks this side of the pond to not sugar it up like we do, I honestly never considered not making it sweet.

Pumpernickel is my favorite bread, do you think that would work for it?
edit on 8/28/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Yanno, I had this feeling someone was going to mention cinnamon and sugar!
I was a fussy child and I'm still a fussy, almost to the point of puritanism, adult. I hate cinnamon (some places here try to put it on your cappuccino in the hopes of appearing trendy, off with their heads!) unless it is combined with other herbs and spices, preferably in a nice spice blend for something Indian. Plus sugar masks flavour rather than enhances it in many cases except for cakes and puddings and sweets.

Why are we talking about food at 11:30pm?

ETA Pumpernickel sounds good. The more seeds and grains the better.
(IMHO)
edit on 28/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I love eggs, you can fry them, boil them, make an omelet..French toast? Oh YUM! I add a bit of nutmeg and cinnamon and a tad of powdered sugar.

Pepper? My Husband and friend put pepper on everything. LOL

My Sister took me to some gourmet restaurant. I had some kind of lightly spiced breaded fish sandwich with string beans, nuts and mango. Might have had something else on it too. I like trying unusual things. Brownie sundae for desert. We split a side of the most delicious macaroni and cheese. We both had some with our meal and she let me take the rest home. They give you a lot! I even had left over brownie thingy to take home. I swore I wasn't going to have desert (Dessert?), but I'm not used to spicy food and needed something sweet.

Got to my metaphysical shop and bought an amethyst Angel, a small rose quartz sphere and a cool handmade pottery bowl to burn my incense. I'm laughing thinking of you Matthew. No, I don't have any pine scented. LOL I love that scent though. When my Sister was checking out, I saw she had all these pretty little metal Angels that came with tiny cards that said something about an Angel hug on it. I asked her if one was for me. and she said, "Would I dare not buy you one?" Haha!

There are 3 little boxer dogs that always greet you when you enter. I got doggie kisses on my leg.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Haha! It's night for you and only 5:55 Pm in the evening here. I could talk about food anytime.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join