It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Issues a Blunt Assessment of our U.S. Department of Justice.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Obama weaponized the FBI, IRS and DOJ against ideological opponents.

They've spent the last 2 years (along with the MSM) trying to effect a coup against a sitting president.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

He should do away with the plea bargain by EO, force the DOJ to prove every single case beyond a reasonable doubt in court exactly as the founders envisioned. Offering folks a deal (or other incentive) to waive their Constitutional rights should be far outside the purview of government permissible activity. If they accuse someone of a specific crime, they should be required to prove the specific elements of that offense - not merely stack up dozens of scary-sounding charges in the hopes the accused will bow out and plead to a lesser offense (thereby keeping their "semi-perfect" conviction record in tact)

Sure would force them to prioritize.

I would also support the abolition & replacement of the DOJ with private entities (as well as the other federal agencies) as the Constitution had initially envisioned.

To put another way, where we are today is less correct - Constitutionally - than where we were in 1776. Minus a handful of decent amendments & settled case law, the bulk majority of our "progress" since that time has been wrong/bad for this country. What we have today is wrong, and where we're at is wrong.

It is well past time to restore our country to a truly Constitutional civilization. All of the troubles (and there are plenty) faced by this country on this date can be traced to government's gradual usurpation of the Constitution in favor of its own self-anointed authority.
edit on 8/12/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Russia has been trying to muck things up in our election for probably 70 odd years, why is it suddenly a burning problem that must be addressed?

Seriously is there any more reason to worry now than it was before other than to give the DNC a smoke screen over their incompetence.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Obama weaponized the FBI, IRS and DOJ against ideological opponents.

They've spent the last 2 years (along with the MSM) trying to effect a coup against a sitting president.

Who has spent the last 2 years trying to effect a coup?
edit on 12-8-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Russia has been trying to muck things up in our election for probably 70 odd years, why is it suddenly a burning problem that must be addressed?

Seriously is there any more reason to worry now than it was before other than to give the DNC a smoke screen over their incompetence.

The same way that if your tires are low on air you can still drive, but once your riding on rims it’s now a problem you can’t ignore.

Or you can insert any type of analogy to procrastinating until you absolutely have no choice but to address the issue.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Leftists in both parties, the Obama hold-overs, elements within the FBI, DOJ.

That's who have been trying to effect a coup against a sitting president.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You realize the “leftists” are in charge of no branch of government right?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

They never actually hacked anything that contained votes, so the maximum extent of interference they could do would be influencing peoples decisions through the internet/Social media.

That is the exact same problem that has been around forever, low IQ voters being influenced by bad information, So I don't see it as we are on the rims now, its literally the same problem since mankind started electing people to lead them.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

They're obviously getting close.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Without trump no one would have been calling our entire justice department corrupt.
Get real.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

You realize the “leftists” are in charge of no branch of government right?

And that's what they are trying to change.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: watchitburn

Social media trolls is not interference.

Hacking the DNC computers and releasing that info strategically through WIKILEAKS is interference. "Russia! If you're listening..."

Proof? Chain of custody was blown by the DNC when they brought in Crowd Strike (a group with a questionable reputation) to do the work (which is questionable).

The DNC could have just hacked themselves. Seth Rich may have done it. Maybe the Awans, while on site. LOL...the DNC obviously didn't want anyone to know these facts.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Considering the MSM spews out a despicable & ridiculous ~95% negative press coverage about this President, I'd say it is good to see him punching back.

He probably should've hit back far harder by this point, to continue with the boxing metaphor, using something like Muhammad Ali's 'Phantom Punch'

This President fights back. Given the horrible lies & slanted BS MSM has flung at him, you can't be surprised when he speaks out against them. Further, you can't blame the American people (especially those at rallies) from speaking to those same liars in MSM in one very clear voice. Sometimes that voice says "Trump!" or chants "USA!"..and other times it declares "CNN Sucks" - either way, the message is clear. MSM no longer holds the monopoly on information and public narrative.
edit on 8/12/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Anyone could. If they didn't have their head in thesand. It's all right there if you care to actually LOOK!

link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

They never actually hacked anything that contained votes, so the maximum extent of interference they could do would be influencing peoples decisions through the internet/Social media.

That is the exact same problem that has been around forever, low IQ voters being influenced by bad information, So I don't see it as we are on the rims now, its literally the same problem since mankind started electing people to lead them.

I see your point, I honestly do.

I just see it a little differently.

No matter what bias agency you look at to get your bad information, I’ll use Don Lemon and Alex Jones, both of those men want to see America prosper. They have different idiologies and different tacts, but neither want to see this republic crumble.

Russia would like to see that, and I think that’s where the difference is.

On a whole though, I ageee with you.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You assume people are stupid do you?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Mandroid7

Evidence that Russia interfered with the election? I guess you've been ignoring the news around it. I thought it was common knowledge that Russia made an effort to interfere in the elections.

Once again i ask...HOW did they get into a CLOSED NETWORK that was not ONLINE to the WEB? No votes were changed. Boy they sure rigged that one! its liek this was invented or something!

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes. most people who dont pay attention are stupid.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

*most* are, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

People refers to groups, groups are by in large stupid...

Individuals though can be pretty fricking smart and awesome.

Dont mind me I am just in a weird mood, very close to getting my life back on track so I can take care of the family.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join