It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Issues a Blunt Assessment of our U.S. Department of Justice.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Saturday, August 11, 2018

The second largest unit of Federal law enforcement agency employees in the United States of America is known as the DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (DOJ), which includes the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). (The largest is the Department of Homeland Security.)

In a candidly blunt assessment today, President Trump announced that key areas of the Department of Justice (DOJ) are not functioning, as they were designed to function. That they are in need of a major overhaul.

In an interesting set of tweets today President Trump highlights the institutions of the DOJ and FBI with separate and blunt emphasis.

President Trump highlights the lack of DOJ leadership (specifically AG Jeff Sessions) to address the institutional corruption which led to “spygate” and a fraudulent application for an unlawful FISA application.

In the second set of tweets, President Trump noted how officials within the FBI are continuing to obstruct oversight and refuse to turn over evidence of institutional corruption. In a pointed question President Trump asks: “What are they hiding”?
See Today's Tweets at: theconservativetreehouse.com...-152780

Three examples from just this year:

•After the IG report on the Clinton investigation, Director Wray took no action to address the issues of the deeply political FBI; and no-one within the organization has been held accountable. With the single exception of McCabe, all former corrupt officials have been permitted to exit with full benefits and pensions intact.

•Additionally, there is no effort on behalf of the DOJ to follow-up on the IG criminal referral to charge former Asst. FBI Director Andrew McCabe for lying to the FBI, leaking information to the media and using his office/position to influence an official investigation.

•Worse yet, there is an ongoing and highly visible DOJ leadership effort to cover-up the gross criminal behavior of the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee Security staff, James Wolfe. Despite overwhelming evidence that James Wolfe leaked top secret and highly classified intelligence to the media, the DOJ has only charged Wolfe with one much lesser crime of lying to the FBI.

SUMMARY:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is willfully blind. FBI Director Christopher Wray is also demonstrably corrupt, and willfully blind. Both are working against the interests of justice in their efforts to protect Washington DC from sunlight. Both are allowing officials within their organizations to continue conspiring to protect their former colleagues.
FULL ARTICLE HERE: theconservativetreehouse.com...-152780

If you add the DOJ's 2017 action of assigning a Special Counsel (Robert Mueller) to investigate President Trump for "colluding/conspiring" with Russia to win the Presidency in 2016, when there was no evidence of that, you not only a broken DOJ, but a criminally corrupt Department of Justice, as well.

The author of the above Conservative Treehouse article feels that President Trump will not begin this major overhaul of his Department of Justice until after the November mid-term elections. What do ATS members who are following this believe? That the President will wait until after the mid-terms, to begin cleaning house at the DOJ?

-CareWeMust

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Heh, a corrupt justice department eh?

I'm glad we finally had someone to point this out to us. Without such leadership, i doubt we would have ever know the DOJ is as corrupt as the best of them. I'm glad something (nothing) will be done about this and that the proper people will (never) go to jail for their high crimes and treason.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I do believe anyone without a partisan axe to grind would agree with him.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Dude you don’t even look at these pieces as propaganda. You are just taking them at face value. But who am I to bring you to the light?

Also I do actually like reading your threads so please carry on.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There is plenty of evidence that Russia interfered in the political process, there has been tons of smoke we just haven't nailed down the source yet.

If Trump isn't the source then the investigation will find who the source is, that's the point of the investigation, to find where the smoke is coming from, not pin it all on Trump without evidence.

Do you disagree that there has been smoke? Do you not want those who interfered with the elections to be punished and/or publicly outed? If it's not Trump then it's someone else, there is smoke that heavily implies a fire somewhere. You're in denial if you don't think so.
edit on 8/12/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you should easily be able to provide 1 piece of evidence, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Yes..the corruption is in plain sight now. The odds are better under this President that the lawbreakers will be held accountable. How much better, I have no idea.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I do believe anyone without a partisan axe to grind would agree with him.

IMO, Most citizens probably don't know...and wouldn't much care, if they did find out how corrupt our DOJ is. But to those of us who are following this complicated help Hillary/hurt Trump saga, it's stunning.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

If it were not for IG Reports, source texts, and e-mails, "propoganda" could be an accurate description.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Evidence that Russia interfered with the election? I guess you've been ignoring the news around it. I thought it was common knowledge that Russia made an effort to interfere in the elections.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

So far, the only "fire" behind the smoke has been the Russian bots and companies identified by the Special Counsel. If Mueller isn't on a "Get Trump" mission, he will find that there was indeed collusion to affect the 2016 election outcome, but it didn't involve the Trump campaign.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
20-25 years ago the media wold have been all over a story like this, but today they are complicit with the corrupt DOJ and other deep state criminals. It is a sad state of affairs when the “free press” which is supposed to protect our Republic is now n lock step with those that want to bring about its destruction.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Evidence that Russia interfered with the election? I guess you've been ignoring the news around it. I thought it was common knowledge that Russia made an effort to interfere in the elections.

If you mean CNN, MSN, NYT, Washington Post, not to include Fox News I can understand your travel down the road of lies they want you to go.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

So you have nothing as usual.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

There is plenty of evidence that Russia interfered in the political process, there has been tons of smoke we just haven't nailed down the source yet.

If Trump isn't the source then the investigation will find who the source is, that's the point of the investigation, to find where the smoke is coming from, not pin it all on Trump without evidence.

Do you disagree that there has been smoke? Do you not want those who interfered with the elections to be punished and/or publicly outed? If it's not Trump then it's someone else, there is smoke that heavily implies a fire somewhere. You're in denial if you don't think so.

Russian trolls hired to post on social media does NOT equate to election meddling. Even if the Russian Government hired them to make Hilary look bad.

That’s a free and public domain and since the Russian Government is oppressive, ALL social media sites love them and allow them public access to their platforms. Anyone is free to post memes and sound bites. Even me.

On the other hand, sneaking across the border of ANY country on earth and then voting in their elections absolutely IS election meddling. 100% it’s election meddling. Would you expect to be allowed to vote in Mexico? Or ANY country on earth that you’re not a citizen of?

Maybe we should stop Russian meddling by enforcing voter id laws?

Memes on Facebook however, will still be allowed. Even if they’re memes from Russia.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My main issue with this whole Russian collusion nonsense is that - at most - all that can be proven is that some Russian's did a bit of Facebook advertising/trolling which realistically (c'mon now we're talking about Hillary here) did not in the slightest impact the eventual result of the election. Considering the lengths the US Government has historically gone to in order to influence foreign elections - this whole "Russian Collusion" farce is a bloody joke. And what makes it all the worst is that it's just deflecting away from the real problems the DNC/left need to address (primarily problems within their own party, namely Clinton).

Mountain out of a mole hill doesn't even begin to describe this nonsense.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Oh, I agree there was smoke, but guess who let it burn and get out of control?

Obama White House Knew of Russian Election Hacking, but Delayed Telling

“One of the candidates, as you recall, was predicting that the election was going to be ‘rigged’ in some way,” said Jeh Johnson, the former secretary, referring to President Trump’s unsubstantiated accusation before Election Day. “We were concerned that by making the statement we might, in and of itself, be challenging the integrity of the election process itself.”

Around mid-August, Mr. Johnson said, federal officials began hearing reports of “scanning and probing” of some state voter database registries. In the weeks after, intelligence officials became convinced the Russians were behind those efforts, though he said it was not until January that they were “in a position to say” that.

That was not soon enough for some Democrats, who have criticized the Obama administration for waiting until a month before the election to reveal its concern.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
20-25 years ago the media wold have been all over a story like this, but today they are complicit with the corrupt DOJ and other deep state criminals. It is a sad state of affairs when the “free press” which is supposed to protect our Republic is now n lock step with those that want to bring about its destruction.

Funny you say that considering the press is under attack from the POTUS himself, when you have a leader playing a partisan role you can be sure what happens next only benefits a select few...

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Yep, just as I suspected.

Good work Columbo, when is the trial?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

That's a great point! The U.S. news media (90%) is now owned by only 6 mega-corporations. In 1983, the U.S. media was owned by 50 corporations.

This fact is very obvious when you enter a news item into Google search, and see, LITERALLY, pages of the same exact headline from many colluding outlets.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join