It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police confronted for planting bait car full of Nikes in the Ghetto

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

No they don’t

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gamer2343

I’m aware of bait car where they go to the poorest neighborhoods in the city and embarrass the undesirables, They don’t usually put trucks full of brand new Nikes next to where people are playing basketball though. It’s possible that they’re creating criminals

Stealing a car takes a good deal of intent and thought process...taking a pair of shoes takes little or non of each. As I said before I'm concern that many of these bait tactics prey more on the low IQ than the criminal.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

"Are food bloggers fuelling racist stereotypes?"
www.bbc.com...

Phage:

a reply to:
MisterSpockOlives. Probably.

Well one thing I know from this thread is that some people get away with stupid statements that all Greeks have for lunch is "olives"

But if its the the great one, making the comment, its all good

BTW Phage...Spain takes the credit of leading producer of Olives
www.google.com.au... b.3..0i13k1l3j0i13i30k1l5j0i22i30k1l2.670955.682587.0.682730.61.34.1.1.1.0.457.4323.2-13j1j2.16.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..45.15.3460...0j0i67k1j0i131k1 j0i131i67k1j0i8i13i30k1j33i160k1.0.xSQMzIHlC6g

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Since according to many in the thread they are all apparently literally starving like war-torn refugees and have moms dying in hospitals, I'm surprised the have the energy to even play basketball in between hospital visits and fencing Nikes to save dear old mum.

Really, like really, i don't know how you find the time to post here while your busy out kicking puppies and strangling kittens.

You can't possibly pass judgement on my puppy-kicking. I was raised poor (true). I can't possibly be expected to know right from wrong. Putting a puppy in front of me and expecting me not to kick it is like waving food in front of hungry people. Maybe puppy tears could cure your mother's cancer. Would you kick the puppy then? Would you strangle a kitten to save three others? Morality is sooooo subjective. It's impossible to judge my character based on my behaviour.
edit on 6-8-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

After having worked in the early 90's in a city that led the league in 'Murders Per Capita' it took a solid 6-7 years for the community to rebound from that bloodiest of years, and We didn't have the population of Chicago, so if it is like every thing else where "more snip = more woes"

Barom Drumpf will be a Senator before this gets better...

I can type You this, You know if You promise not to tell/type/say/utter to anyone else? Promise? ('okay' I saw where You nodded Your head in the affirmative) I'll type You.

It 'almost' stinks of the same stuff that went around when I worked and what I mean by that is: During "The Crack War™" it wasn't nothing more than locking up those who didn't have the $$ to defend themselves. These folks in the Urban areas were sent to PRISON to become "non-voters" While the folks in the suburbs used the same drug and got PROBATION.

"Base" coc aine (Crack; Rock) vs. cocine hydrochloride (whiff-powder)

** I'm going to guess this is to get these folks out of the lakeshore properties to make room for condos and HIGH priced dwellings for "Richies" (See San Francisco)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Why do the thieves live in the hood?
Why do you call it the hood?

That is a really good point. Maybe the hood isn't about abject poverty and crime but about the people who inhabit it. So it is not about poverty or lack of parenting that is the issue here, it is the morals of the people that inhabit the area. Those morals lead directly to crime. Then businesses move out of an area due to that crime which further leads to deterioration.

As toys pointed out before, the hood is the hood because of the people that inhabit it. We will never be able to revitalize the hood until we revitalize the people that occupy it.

That would even be further supported by those WITH morals deciding to leave the hood because it sickens them.

I wonder if there are other areas of very low income and wealth that we could study. Areas where poverty doesn't lead to crime. Where people have so much less than the rest of us but continue to act with honor and form a strong righteous community. I wonder if there are examples out there?

i grew up poor. my family worked agriculture. our neighborhood was clean, quiet, and safe. the culture growing up was respect our neighbors & the police were the good guys.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

do you think things are done on purpose to supply the prison pipeline. why not invest the same resources in bettering the community. america was stolen btw

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I didn't intend to open up the truck and steal shoes, I was just walking and somehow they appeared in my hands ....

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

a reply to: FreeDeplorable

I never implied racism I said that they’re from different cultures they’re majorly white officers there but if you look closely you’ll see 2-3 black officers

Really? There was NO implication of racism? Only that there are different cultures in play? Okay then, I’m not going to split hairs, let’s just say law enforcement in #congo is culturist instead of racist. Does that work?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

A typical entrapment scenario arises when law enforcement officers use coercion and other overbearing tactics to induce someone to commit a crime.

Government agents do not entrap defendants simply by offering them an opportunity to commit a crime. Judges expect people to resist any ordinary temptation to violate the law.

www.nolo.com...

Welp, I would consider this case closed, but I know we have criminal apologists on this site.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. For putting a career criminal in jail, good plan.

For busting a ghetto kid, wonderful. Right?

Theft is theft, is it not?

A moral issue may be raised if the situation involves hungry people trying to steal food, but these are shoes.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gamer2343

You and I can agree on one thing; for profit prisons need to be a thing of the past. I absolutely believe whoever thought this was a good idea is a compete jacka$$.

As for the rest of your argument about the neighborhood and crime, I do believe the cops are aware of the crimes that are committed in neighborhoods in $hitcago and they are using bait to try and get the thugs off the streets. Why does that bother anyone? How does being proactive and targeting potential criminals have any negatives?

One interesting thing I forgot to mention in my earlier posts addresses one of your criticisms of law enforcement not setting up stings in affluent areas. I live in one of the most affluent suburbs of Atlanta and golf carts are everywhere. A little googling will pinpoint exactly where I am talking about. When there is a spike in golf cart thefts the local PD sets up stings using golf carts as bait. I know this from friends of mine that are officers. Remember, this is an affluent area and there aren’t many impoverished people around. I have no problem with cops arresting thieves no matter what culture they represent.

If mayor Emmanuel had a brain that was nearly as big as his mouth he would ask Trump to help $hitcago by bringing in feds. How many bodies must be laying in the streets before someone does something to help? This is a prime example of Democrats only caring about blacks when it comes to voting day. Dare I say, the real racists may indeed be the Democrats in charge of Chicago? Am I wrong? If so, how?
edit on 6-8-2018 by FreeDeplorable because: Title Rahm Emmanuel incorrect

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
a reply to: Wardaddy454

There were 75 shooting deaths this last weekend in Chicago. Don't you think the Police should work on bigger problems than Nike shoes stealing!??
edit on 7-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Don't you think that this operation was a more efficient use of resources than responding every day to many reports of thefts in the area and investigating each one by one? Is the alternative to just let people live in fear and have their possessions taken with no response from police?

They swooped up a bunch of thieves in one organized operation, so now they can devote their resources to murder investigation, while at the same time not allowing thefts to go on unchecked. When you are very busy and have limited resources, you need to be smart about accomplishing your goals. That goes for any job.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'm not privy to what strategies and issues to determine the efficient uses of resources to make that judgment and neither are you. Chicago is just a mess with 75 people dead over one weekend. Like a war zone.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

As noted earlier, the type of people who will walk up to a random box truck and steal things out of the back are unsurprisingly likely to be people with other criminal history, outstanding warrants, etc It also seems to have a deterrent effect with a marked decrease in theft over a period of time after bait programs. So I'm not sure it's an ineffective use of resources.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

People are dying in unsafe communities and the Police are focusing on sting operations with Nike shoes...sheesh!

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeDeplorable

a reply to: FreeDeplorable

I never implied racism I said that they’re from different cultures they’re majorly white officers there but if you look closely you’ll see 2-3 black officers

Really? There was NO implication of racism? Only that there are different cultures in play? Okay then, I’m not going to split hairs, let’s just say law enforcement in #congo is culturist instead of racist. Does that work?

Yes culture, you’re probably not racist towards black people but I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be close friends with one of those ghetto poor people from Chicago with the really aggressive eyes, You’d much rather have a black friend that graduated from Harvard and plays Fortnite, or live in a neighborhood where majority ghetto people live especially if you didn’t grow up there and know the community.

I saw a white guy in a pick up truck walk in the Chevron barefoot the other day and there’s plenty of white prostitutes, junkies where I live, Also there are white people that have American flags in their yard noone is racist to them but I’d bet if a White surburban type family came here. they’d stick out like a sore thumb, People would probably think you’re either lost,cops or walk up to your car and ask you who you’re looking for it doesn’t have anything to do with race and everything to do with where you’re from and how you were raised, Which inevitably boils down to culture not race.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gamer2343

It was already pointed out to you that Chicago's PD Superintendent is a black gentleman who grew up in the projects in Chicago.

If you're suggesting he's at war with the culture there, why do you imagine that is?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If it were to be entrapment then the police would have to be committing some sort of crime I believe.

Like with file sharing the offender being caught has to share the file the authorities cannot allow themselves to share a file under copyright laws because then they would be breaking the law.

It's not breaking the law to leave a bunch of stuff in a car in a place.

If they started illegally selling them on the street that would be another case that would probably be entrapment.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join