It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police confronted for planting bait car full of Nikes in the Ghetto

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

It was fact.... That's why it comes into play when the crime is charged.

You're not going to get the same time from a judge 9/10 times if you stole food to feed kids...... As you would stealing shoes to show off to your buddies

Wow you tryin to take me to kindergarten

Not a far stretch for you

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: spacedoubt

Or they might not have been raised right because daddy never intended to marry mommy in the first place.

sure, it's possible too.
Seems like a generational problem occurring then.
Why would a man not accept that responsibility of being a father.
I doubt it's genetic. Where was Dad's dad?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

How can we set up sting operations to catch gang banging thugs that want to shoot people? Figure it out and let's do it.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Liberals made it acceptable for single parenthood. They (as a group, generalization I know and may not reflect individual beliefs) do not believe in the nuclear family.

What do you think will be the result of the destruction of traditional family values?

Compare Motown with today's rap.
edit on 5-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
911 caller: "Yeah, someone stole My overpriced sneakers made by kids making .25¢/hr. "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I hope I didn't stereotype you.
Assuming the situations of people you don't know is not right.
I apologize if I did that.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

No apology needed, I just wanted to make it clear my background is not one that is unsympathetic, I am.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Liberals made it acceptable for single parenthood. They (as a group, generalization I know and may not reflect individual beliefs) do not believe in the nuclear family.

What do you think will be the result of the destruction of traditional family values?

I think in the case of urban poverty, especially for blacks, the proper progression of the nuclear family and it's value systems was destroyed well before the period I think you are referring to. I think this goes back to the foundation of this country.
Generationally speaking, its really not that long ago. I'm talking about slavery, and the multiple decades after that.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

How can we set up sting operations to catch gang banging thugs that want to shoot people? Figure it out and let's do it.

It almost seems like no one cares as long as they are killing each other. I bet if that killing extended into more 'civilized' neighborhoods, there would be no stone left unturned to prevent it from happening again.

I can't think of any solutions that would solve this issue. It would take armed guards on every street corner with rotation shifts and curfew enforcement. Basically marshal law.

Unless I am completely missing something here. Is there another way?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It was destroyed back then. That doesn't mean gains weren't made and then erased. Liberals try to change the narrative with false data. They say black fathers (60%) are almost as likely as white fathers (70%) to live with their children, they just aren't married.

Yet they are 3 times as likely to have children with multiple women ... so they may live with A child, and they may even bounce around from baby mama to baby mama so they are always living with A child .. and liberals call that the same as a white father, married to the mother, living full time with all his children.

It's disgusting the lengths they go to in order to marginalize the importance of the nuclear family.
edit on 5-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Maybe there would be less killing if they didn't have a don't snitch attitude where they KNEW the killers and wouldn't turn them in.

So yes, there tends to be more outrage when killing hits neighborhoods where people actually want the cops to catch the killers and actually help them do so.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast
From a different angle think of it like rodents if you put a trap where the rodents have plenty of food your less likely to get one. Now put the same trap where the rodents have no food your guaranteed to get one every so often.

The similar type sting the NYPD used was in Midtown where I'm going to wager that everyone walking around already had some sort of smart device. They still arrested people.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So we would need to find other countries with similar concentrations of 'hoods' to study. Countries where slavery wasn't part of their history and natural migration accounted for the concentration.

Then study the morals, crimes and statistics of that environment. Then once a general picture emerges, dig a hole and bury the data deeeeeeeeeeeeep.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Unless everything else in that country was identical to America the study would be meaningless.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well then, this problem will never be resolved then.

No one has any other ideas? Do we just need to go into 'disadvantaged' areas and simply teach morals. We just need to go in there and tell them 'killing is bad' or 'stealing is bad'? Since they didn't receive this information from the community or their parents, maybe just dropping leaflets from the sky would be very effective. Leaflets with the message stating to 'be a good person' or 'respect your neighbors'. Maybe something along the lines of 'stop coveting your neighbors goods'.

Or do we simply drop money from helicopters. If we gave everyone $10,000 would the crime stop? Maybe it would need to be monthly installments like a guaranteed minimum monthly income so they wouldn't run out of money.

Maybe we just aren't being compassionate enough. Maybe we just need to send some religious to teach them about god?

hmmmmm, I think I will quite while I am behind. Have a great night everyone and thank you for the discussion.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Just because asking whether other countries have the same problem isn't meaningful doesn't mean it can't be solved. This is my opinion, but the problem with solving it is that it has become racist to talk about the problem. No solution can be found because you are labeled a racist if you accurately describe the problem.

Then there is the lack of strong parenting, which you can't address because liberals want to destroy the idea of the nuclear family being of value.

Then there is black culture which you can't address because you are racist if you do so.

Then there is wage depression among the poor because illegal immigrants take jobs at low cost driving down pay.

The problem is liberals block discussion about everything required to fix the problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

So we would need to find other countries with similar concentrations of 'hoods' to study. Countries where slavery wasn't part of their history and natural migration accounted for the concentration.

Then study the morals, crimes and statistics of that environment. Then once a general picture emerges, dig a hole and bury the data deeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Sure, what have you got?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Actually, if you look at the research, the black nuclear family was right in line with the white nuclear family right up to the so-called War on Poverty.

Family values and the nuclear family in the black community remained relatively strong and intact even through those times you mention. It seems to have been the replacement of the father's role as familial financial support by the apparatus of the state that began the erosion.

It's the same kind of erosion you finally see taking root in white families.
edit on 5-8-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If he was raised right there would be no problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Actually, they do that.
Cops go undercover and infiltrate gangs in order to keep an eye on what is going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join