It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best evidence you'll ever see that the earth is young

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Aren't we a ray of sunshine.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Meh, is that just a comment, or a rebuttal?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Meh, is that just a comment, or a rebuttal?

They were commenting on your unpleasant condescending tone, sarcastically comparing it to a ray of sunshine. You are very difficult to talk to - you consistently resort to insulting someone's character or personal life. You have an elitist view on the field of science and your uncompromising zeal makes conversation with you an effort in futility.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Oh you are speaking for others? How very typical of you.
No where did I refer to the persons character, I pointed out that they are not qualifed to be a subject matter expert. This winds you creationists up. You have no credible experts, so you shoe horn in enviromentalists, theologins etc. IF these sods actually used science in their debates its one thing, but no, they don't.

So don't try the "you are difficult to talk to gambit". You are either up to it or you are not sunshine.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

He presented his case scientifically. You never offered a rebuttal. You made no effort to refute or offer a different interpretation of the data, instead you just said he was not qualified to have an opinion on the matter. Very chauvinistic.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Actually my rebuking his lack of qualifications is rebuttal. I'm not going to completely dissect that video. Yes I am an elitist. I believe that if you are trained at something, you are inherently better than someone who is not trained. You don't let a Doctor perfom open heart surgery for the first time, with out training.

So its a nice distraction. None the less, he's not qualified. End of story.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Time is not constant. I thought Einstein came to preach the gatekeepers version of this fact?

The earth is much younger than claimed. I have haven't heard these lazy science types theorize how much hardener God mixed into the bondo.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Prene

Time is not constant.
In a given frame of reference (like Earth's gravity well) it is.

The earth is much younger than claimed
No it isn't.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Yes I am an elitist. I believe that if you are trained at something, you are inherently better than someone who is not trained.

Yes and no.

A qualified person's statement should NOT be blindly believed without doing a proper fact-check or by scrutinizing the critical thinking he or she used -- and I'm sure you'd agree with that. That is to say, just because a person is credentialed, that doesn't mean everything they say (even in their field of expertise) is correct.

Every claim, even from (say) Stephen Hawking, should need to pass scrutiny or have corroborating evidence that passes scrutiny prior to being believed as a fact or validated theory.

Conversely, a non-qualified person may have new insights into an issue that experts have not considered, insights that do pass scrutiny.

Having said that, Dr. McMurtry's claims do NOT hold up under scrutiny, and some are ad hoc claims that do not consistently fit the observable data.

edit on 17/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
He sounded very convincing to me but then I am extremely gullible.

What was he saying about the speed of light being hundreds of thousand times faster in the past? Shome mishtake, shurely?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

That is the point. Creationists bring people in who look like they have a qualification (ooo look a Scientist) then they don't bring real insight, just religious dogma.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join