It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best evidence you'll ever see that the earth is young

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Anyway, let us continue the scripture reading from the Atheist Bible.

Apes R Us 1:14 The rocks dateth the fossils. 15 The fossils dateth the rocks. 16 The reasoning was circular, like the cat that doth chase its tail, and the atheist said it is good. 17 The reasoning which was circular the atheist putteth in the textbook. 18 The atheist findeth one old monkey tooth, then draweth entire monkey man generations in the textbook. 19 Then even the child wondereth what the hell is going on with textbook, asketh, Why findeth only one old monkey tooth and so many monkey men? Where is whole monkey man, of many, in fossil which dateth the rock, of the rock that dateth the fossil? 20 The atheist saith, We dig a billion years, then findeth whole monkey man, in the fossil that dateth the rock, which dateth the fossil.
edit on 6-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Atheist Bible must be monkey accurate!

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth
Nutter.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

Hey. Sorry to interrupt your sarcasm fest, but you are conflating Atheism (the belief that god(s) doesn't exist) with scientific reasoning. Yet neither is dependent on the other. You can be an atheist and disbelieve the old earth and you can be a religious person and believe in the old earth.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Hey. Sorry to interrupt your sarcasm fest, but you are conflating Atheism (the belief that god(s) doesn't exist) with scientific reasoning.

I stand corrected, to equate atheism with any reasoning, whatsoever. Psalms 14:1.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I guess that is more or less true. I'm an atheist not because of some spectacular reasoning. Mostly it's because all religious reasoning I've seen for the existence of a god has been lacking. Kind of a "the only option left" situation.
edit on 6-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

...Atheism (the belief that god(s) doesn't exist)

We-ell.. no.

It isn't a _belief_ that a god or gods do not exist. It's the rejection of the claim that person A claims there is a god without evidence.

I don't "believe" there is no god(s). I simply do not believe the claim the is one in the absence of evidence. If there is evidence, then I would believe in one. To me that makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

In all your criticisms, you are glossing over the facts.

The truth is, atheism doesn't claim 'something from nothing'. I haven't seen any physicist claiming that either. In regards to the big bang or what we currently believe to be the start of our universe, some massive event happened - which is (and relatively soon NOT to be..) observable in the expansion of the universe and how quickly that is expanding.

The evidence suggests there was a singular focal point from which everything expanding from.

Doesn't say "something from nothing'. That's a typical fallacy used by the likes of yourself to argue in favour of a divine creator or being behind the start of the universe.

So far, science has not found any evidence to support such a claim. And weirdly, the universe seems to move along just fine without a God in it.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Ok. That's true. I'll allow the semantics there since the guy I was responding to is trying to screw around with them for his silly faux-bible quotes.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I guess that is more or less true. I'm an atheist not because of some spectacular reasoning. Mostly it's because all religious reasoning I've seen for the existence of a god has been lacking. Kind of a "the only option left" situation.

I'm going to post this, again, since you seem to have some level of honesty, only God knows if this is so. (Actually, I like some atheists, more than fake Christians.) We do not accept anything for mere reasoning, though the reason is all there. There is evidence, even proof, in a few ways, and I will show you one big one, right here. What is sad is that God will not open the eyes of the unrepentant, that only see what they want to see, and hear what they want to hear, that outright reject God. The unrepentant will be damned, as simple as that. Fulfilled prophecy is absolute proof of God's, and only possible God's authorship of scripture. But you who choose to be blind and spiritually dead will, stupidly, reject proof in front of your faces, just as scripture states, of the rich man in hell, that thought some spectacular testimony would help save his not yet dead relatives,

"Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.' Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.' And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' " Luke 16

But, though it will "go in one ear, and out the other" of that wind tunnel between, here, again, is absolute proof of God in scripture, first, just as God said of His foreknowledge, then the links that prove this, and it's as supernatural as anything ever, before you nose. Fact is, you won't repent and reject God, this the real disease that keeps you blind and WILL send you to hell, forever. But, just as God said that only He can do:

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

Isaiah 45:21 Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the LORD? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.

And here is exactly what only God could do:

www.dannychesnut.com...

www.faithfacts.org...

What's so incredible is how the Christian simply becomes jaded, at an early age, to unbelievers that mock and blaspheme our God, His scripture and what we believe. I no longer, for a long time now, take any of you seriously. You're just a joke, though somewhat a sad one, but nothing more. It's like somebody holds up a sign to you that the bridge is washed-out up ahead, waving the sign at you, to try and save you from plunging to your death, and you mock them, then mash on the accelerator, to your doom. How offensive for anybody to even try to save you from a fate worse than death! This is simply one evidence of how the unrepentant, the Godless, are real scumbags, can only suppose you'd rather somebody in the Emergency Room torture you to death, as you, obviously, resent just the notion of being saved.

Now, do be a good little spiritually dead man and make sure to resent and dismiss the links, before you've actually studied them.
edit on 6-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Typo.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: xstealth
His points are very good, especially the retreat of the moon from the orbit of the earth and the earth's magnetic field.

His points, like Krahzeef stated above, are misleading, he is not telling the truth.

For example, as you have mentioned it, the decaying of Earth's magnetic field which, according to him, is only 10,000 years old, it's decreasing and it will disappear in 2000 years when he says Jesus will come back.

I say his argument is silly because paleomagnetism have shown, with evidence, that the planet's magnetic field both decreseas and increases, and it also changes orientation at times (as seen by dating volcanic rocks and seafloors). Just look at the magnetic North Pole, which is constantly moving.

The magnetic field was already in place 3 billion years ago ( LINK ) .

anyone else ever notice that the messiah is always 2,000 years away?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

In all your criticisms, you are glossing over the facts.

The truth is, atheism doesn't claim 'something from nothing'. I haven't seen any physicist claiming that either. In regards to the big bang or what we currently believe to be the start of our universe, some massive event happened - which is (and relatively soon NOT to be..) observable in the expansion of the universe and how quickly that is expanding.

The evidence suggests there was a singular focal point from which everything expanding from.

Doesn't say "something from nothing'. That's a typical fallacy used by the likes of yourself to argue in favour of a divine creator or being behind the start of the universe.

So far, science has not found any evidence to support such a claim. And weirdly, the universe seems to move along just fine without a God in it.

Stop dancing around and being dumb. Tell everybody where the stuff that big banged came from.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You act like I didn't give God a chance. Dude, I was a Catholic for a good 15 years of my life and just a Christian another 5 - 10 years afterwards. I gave the Christian god a chance, but all I saw was a self-serving church. Then eventually I came around to the holes in the Bible and the programming just broke.

It's weird though. When you are a believer you don't see the programming, but when you are freeing yourself from the religion it becomes very obvious. You see indoctrination and propaganda techniques employed and then realize how they were used on you. It took me a long time to square my disbelief in god with the idea I'd go to hell for not believing. Even though if god doesn't exist then so doesn't hell.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You act like I didn't give God a chance. Dude, I was a Catholic for a good 15 years of my life and just a Christian another 5 - 10 years afterwards. I gave the Christian god a chance, but all I saw was a self-serving church. Then eventually I came around to the holes in the Bible and the programming just broke.

It's weird though. When you are a believer you don't see the programming, but when you are freeing yourself from the religion it becomes very obvious. You see indoctrination and propaganda techniques employed and then realize how they were used on you. It took me a long time to square my disbelief in god with the idea I'd go to hell for not believing. Even though if god doesn't exist then so doesn't hell.

You were never, ever, a Christian, if you're not lying. You just confessed you never knew Jesus Christ, and there's no way you can even see or understand that. But Christian? Some religious trappings, but not a Christian, for one second of your life. "Church" buildings are to the rafters with people on their way to hell, which, like that you were a fake Christian, in the first place, scripture also teaches. Suppose you never heard the Lord state the way is narrow, and that few find it. There are mega-churches full of people, fawning over some charlatan Protestant preacher of a false gospel, or fawning over some Pope from hell. Your claims prove nothing, rather merely confirm what scripture says of people like you.

Here's your religious experience, in a nutshell:

Matthew 15:14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.

There's a whole lot of that going around.
edit on 6-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Added a thought.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
anyone else ever notice that the messiah is always 2,000 years away?

Apparently his time is not the same as ours or he is taking longer so that more people will repent.... usual answers I get when I ask the same question (I was a Christian for decades, until I read the Bible).

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

Stop dancing around and being dumb. Tell everybody where the stuff that big banged came from.

Sure, as soon as you tell us what evidence you have your creator made the universe.

(And I'm still waiting for you to explain how the Law of Thermodynamics contradicts the Big Bang or evolution).

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

(And I'm still waiting for you to explain how the Law of Thermodynamics contradicts the Big Bang or evolution).

I'm not going to do a discussion with somebody that needs to ask that question, that doesn't understand the contradiction, if entropy is a fact. This objection to evolution is as common as dirt. So you're either trolling or don't understand things common as dirt, in either case not one to have a serious discussion with. Troll somebody else.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That's called a "No True Scotsman" fallacy. Telling someone they aren't or weren't Christian just because their beliefs and experiences as a Christian don't align with what you expect. Furthermore, you aren't helping your case that god is real by belittling my experiences. I'm not exactly getting a vibe of inclusiveness from you that would make me want to return to your faith.
edit on 6-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

There is one train of thought that refuses to disenfranchise 25 years of learning....even if some of that education is tainted we never want to throw the Baby out with the Bathwater ….right....because I am not religious but I have tremendous respect for the men and women who wrote the history that has over time been bastardised into the many major doctrines we now see being espoused globally....for hidden deeply and permanently within the tapestry of words which manifests all of these doctrinal writings lives the ONE TRUE HISTORY OF HUMAN KIND....it seems you have been given an education and have been indoctrinated to some pretty high level dynamic management techniques and you have a lot to offer the world now with that enhanced perspective that now allows you to see movement and action where others see nothing and to anticipate things others cannot envision.Maybe you simply need the single true story or origin.....then it will all make complete sense to you.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

I'm not going to do a discussion with somebody that needs to ask that question, that doesn't understand the contradiction, if entropy is a fact. This objection to evolution is as common as dirt. So you're either trolling or don't understand things common as dirt, in either case not one to have a serious discussion with. Troll somebody else.

Round of applause for a great deflection and exposure of ones self

Really why even reply?

you call them a troll but you reply with what you have, yeah its so obvious that posters asking you questions you cant answer are trolls.

Why do People show via their words that they are of the Christian faith but show soooooooo soooooooooooo much hate towards their fellow humans even their fellow Christians?

ATS is a prime example of how much Hate Christians (that visit this site) are so far from their claimed faith its just mind boggling.

well done for showing another example of how great and loving Christians are

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Your words come across as a lot of fluff to me. Lots of adjectives with no backing reasoning or logical support. No description of exactly what you are talking about. Oh and no evidence of your point. The Bible is not historically accurate. Some of it is, but since a lot isn't, it loses its credibility as a historical accounting of events in the past. If I have to spend time picking out and ignoring the parts that aren't real then it calls into question the parts that may be true. And it's not like the Bible tells small lies or anything. Entire stories are easily proved wrong by science and even simple logic. Stories like Noah's Ark or Jonah and the Whale.

Whatever the one true history of humankind is, the Bible isn't clued in on it.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

That's called a "No True Scotsman" fallacy. Telling someone they aren't or weren't Christian just because their beliefs and experiences as a Christian don't align with what you expect. Furthermore, you aren't helping your case that god is real by belittling my experiences. I'm not exactly getting a vibe of inclusiveness from you that would make me want to return to your faith.

You don't align with scripture, don't align with God's truth of what a Christian is and how one actually born of the Spirit remains in Christ. In other words, it's not me that says you're a fake, rather God and your testimony, written all over what you say, testifies of what you are, how you don't understand the simplest Christianity. But you blind guys, not understanding scripture, always try to shoot the messenger. Jesus Christ testifies against you as ever being a Christian, not me. I'm not going to bother posting a page of scripture that goes to "eternal security" and answers your ignorance, because blind men can't see the words. This is simply another dumb and hollow statement by you that demonstrates you have no idea what a Christian is and what scripture teaches. You simply dig that ditch deeper. Anyway, I'm not going to do deeper things of theology with a blind man that's never really even repented, because you understand nothing you seem so willing to run your mouth about, 1 Corinthians 2:14, and could not possibly understand.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join