It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best evidence you'll ever see that the earth is young

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Well yeah... But that is only possible due to computers and highly advanced technology. If that existed in the past then there would be massive evidence of it in the archeological record. Also, before you mention them, a few OOPArts (that have rational explanations) isn't enough to cover the needed evidence to prove such a thing.

Archeology is finding civilization that dates back 12,000 years (so this already disproves the ridiculous OP), but they aren't finding any evidence of advancement to our current technological advancement in that record. But according to you there should have been 3 or 4 world altering and society destroying events in that time frame. Also, there is no record of any civilization destroying events in that time frame. The most recent event that happened was the Toba Catastrophe that occurred some 70,000 years ago but brought the worldwide human population down to around 10,000.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing
Perfect example of ignorant trolling. The Big Bang falls on its rear by entropy, long, long before you even have cells, that cell, itself, contradicting evolution by thousands of coincident points of irreducible complexity, required of its life, order that could not have evolved.

The universe is expanding and that is a fact, we can measure it and see it (I can explain how if you want). As the universe expands its entropy also increases which gives room for order to be created without contradicting the second law of thermodynamis.

To summarise: no violation of the second law of thermodynamics was required to produce the universe. This is explained very well in the book called 'Has science found God?, by Victor Stenger, 2003.

Also cells do not contradict evolution due to their complexity because complexity doesn't mean perfection and the world is far from perfect. We are far from perfect. Why would a God create us so faulty?

You know something else, and you know this, hypocrites. You say Christian this or Christian that behavior, whenever your bluff is called and a light is shown on what you really are, but you try, any way possible, to insult God and faith in God, the most important Being in a person of faith's life, your tooth fairy idiots this, God is evil, Bible nonsense, stupid believers this and that, all of us should simply vanish from history, since you can't kill us. I have heard it all, and all my life. You rail against and try to persecute the Christian and the Christian faith any and every chance you get, in the most insulting ways possible. Yet you wouldn't like us telling you your father is a piece of excrement, if he exists and you didn't spring from a dog, that your wife and mother are crack whores, your mother should have aborted an idiot like you, that we wish God would throw you in hell right now, which we don't, but wouldn't appreciate stuff like that, would you? Defaming God, the Creator, is far worse than defaming any creature.

Of course you don't like to get as you give, you never do. But, like psychopaths, you don't mind dishing that out to others. Nope. Really, what a bunch morons, with no consistency, at all, truly, as the Lord stated, hypocrites, fools.

I respect you believing in your invisible friend in the sky, but I also respect my right to tell you I don't and why. I don't see any evidence for your God, unless he finally appears to us, Earthlings. But, as I am a female, I'd rather see Thor... for obvious reasons. LOL

edit on 6-8-2018 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
I respect you believing in your invisible friend in the sky, but I also respect my right to tell you I don't and why. I don't see any evidence for your God, unless he finally appears to us, Earthlings. But, as I am a female, I'd rather to see Thor... for obvious reasons. LOL

You mean you don't want to thank him for this?
Genesis 3:16 To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

I can't imagine why...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Genesis 3:16 To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

I can't imagine why...

hahaha good one! I also have a few verses from the New Testament to thank him for! lol

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I can't imagine why...

Yup. That sure sounds like the inspiring, divine words of a compassionate, all loving being and in NO WAY the words of a man-made belief system.. Emphasis on the 'man' bit.

Nope, that's 'divine' right there.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

World's worst punishment for stealing someone's lunch.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Thought as much...to say you have a doctorate in 'science' but turns out it's forestry and christianity.... that is like me studying Geology with jedi...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: one4all
Secret Societies have hidden and preserved this knowledge for epochs...

Which ones? Don't say Freemasonry as we aren't secret and if you knew what we did, you'd be disappointed with just how 'normal' it is.

all reliable sources will flow back to this mother source of data.

What are these reliable sources? Please list a few of them so i can read up and educate myself.

I dont know their names because they are all secret...if I knew what you did and it wasnt anti-humanitarian then all I would strive to do is find ways to teach you to do it better...you cannot be disappointed in something you have no unreasonable expectations of IMHO....everybody is always interested in sources...lol...How did you get to know what I know you know we both know but they still dont know.....lol....I think you mentioned a group and it happens to be one which flows directly back to source as all do.You have to know where a group is coming from to understand where they are trying to go.I am not on a mission to bring together the most powerful groups on the planet...nature brings them together in due time....when honesty loyalty and humanitarian best interests become as important as they should always have been then we will see coalescence of the worlds powerful groups....each of these groups exists as we all do in nature in a state of everchanging contrast...chaos seeking balance at all times...members of these groups struggle to continue to share a real time manifested reality...however if one were to put this process into a short video scene it would look like 100 men on a boat trying to sail in one direction all singing the same song in perfect unison as 1/2 run to one side of the boat swaying it over and the other 1/2 are simultaneously running to the other side swaying the boat dangerously to the other side....making direct headway extremely tricky…. AND THIS IS WITHIN THE GROUP....lol....and EVERY SECRET OR OTHERWISE GROUP faces this same dynamic template which must be constantly gardened to keep it balanced and moving in a linear direction......it would be extremely easy to bring all of these group together...much easier than anyone would believe...the problem is that no one has the VISION to make it so....and even if you were to somehow find the one in a billion humans who could manifest our group realitys direction this way more easily than others you would have to somehow encourage this person to TRULY BELIEVE in what you believe in and then you would have to have the resources to accommodate the changes this mind would require you to make...these type of world changing humans who can manifest reality more willfully than others are NOT easily swayed nor lied to so to be frank your agenda would have to be parallel or similar to begin with...so this means there is a natural combonation lock on this type of manifestation by one individual that prevents it from growing in a bad or evil or negative non-humanitarian way.You cannot force this dynamic to happen you can only provide fertile ground plant the seed and be patient.

Quite obviously these groups cannot find this type of leadership or one of them would have dominated by now...this is how rare of a thing it is to find a human who has this ability to guide group manifestation at an elite level.....you really cannot teach it at this high of a level you must be born with it or have had one hades of a ride during our short lives to have learned the core values on your own. ….. IMHO any of these secret or otherwise groups would bend over backwards to find some new fresh progressive ideologies which they could fit into their existing format....these groups can stagnate just like any group and once the dry-rot begins from the inside it works its way out destroying all structure and integrity.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Oh a YouTube video... all arguments must cease? Yeah no.

Of so Dr McMurty has a Doctorate in Divinity? That is not applicable here. Sorry but they do not study Scientific method. Further it is from a non accredited college, and his thesis is thus not avaliable to check. I know mine is, if you asked the University I went too.

He has a Bachelors in agriculture (majoring in Forestry) and a Masters in Environmental Science. It should be noted that his masters is from a College that does awards based on passing exams, not exams and a thesis. However one can look at his dissertationf one has access.

Yes he has science degrees. Neither of which are applicable to evolution, or the age of the earth being determined. This is a significant point. I as a Chemist (to PhD level) and Biochemist (to Bachelors level) who minored in Statistics, am more qualified to talk about the age of the earth than he is. Along with several other posters here.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
I dont know their names because they are all secret...

C'mon, man. Make an effort. You could have even said the Illuminaughty.

if I knew what you did and it wasnt anti-humanitarian

It's about making good men better and predominantly charity. It's all on Google. All of it. Well, except for AugustusMasonicus' inner leg measurement. There are some secrets even Google doesn't know.

But the point is, none of these secret societies, if they even exist, have secret knowledge about the shape or age of the Earth that science hasn't already discovered.

The Earth isn't young in the Bible sense. It isn't 6000 years old. This is a fact. A fact that can be proven over and over reliably.

It also isn't flat, it isn't hollow with a Sun in the middle nor are there Reptiloids lurking in tunnels forging alliances with the USAF.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yup. That sure sounds like the inspiring, divine words of a compassionate, all loving being and in NO WAY the words of a man-made belief system.. Emphasis on the 'man' bit.

Anyone can nitpick words from a book and scrutinize them with a myopic viewpoint. The fall of humankind was man-made (caused by man). God was simply declaring the consequences of their actions, which he strongly insisted they should not have done in the first place. It is often hard for us from a mortal perspective to understand justice, but if you want a compassionate all-loving being, then read the words of Jesus.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Anyone can nitpick words from a book and scrutinize them with a myopic viewpoint.

Which...is exactly what you're doing with the 'words of Jesus'. You're nitpicking words with a myopic viewpoint.

...but if you want a compassionate all-loving being, then read the words of Jesus.

According to your lot, they're one in the same, right? The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

And none of that makes a lick of difference to demonstrating the Earth is 6000 years old. Because it isn't - it's billions of years old.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Which...is exactly what you're doing with the 'words of Jesus'. You're nitpicking words with a myopic viewpoint.

I have read all the known recorded sayings from him and collected an overarching idea on what the philosophy is. That is the opposite of being myopic. You on the other hand were quoting one verse and scrutinizing it out of context.

it's billions of years old.

How do you know? Uranium lead dating is flawed because you can never know the initial uranium-lead ratio. It is speculative. The way the narrative goes, is that we assume the earth is old, and calibrate our measurements according to some absurdly old date in order to appease the pre-requisites of evolutionary theory. Yet this is backward science, and empirical evidence persistently proves otherwise, but the long held scientific dogma is difficult to undo. Take for example A WWII plane found beneath 75 meters of ice

Scientists would love to date this as thousands of years old to fit their supposed calibrations on duration per metric depth of ice, but since it is a WWII plane they really have no choice but to accept that Ice layers form much much faster than we had previously thought. Not to mention sub-annular layers of ice deposition would totally skew any estimates. Do enough research and you'll realize similar flaws in any supposed evidence that the earth is 4.543 billion years old (and the audacity to put that 4th significant digit is astounding, as if they know with certainty that it is 4.543 and not 4.544).
edit on 8-8-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Oh a YouTube video... all arguments must cease? Yeah no.

Of so Dr McMurty has a Doctorate in Divinity? That is not applicable here. Sorry but they do not study Scientific method. Further it is from a non accredited college, and his thesis is thus not avaliable to check. I know mine is, if you asked the University I went too.

He has a Bachelors in agriculture (majoring in Forestry) and a Masters in Environmental Science. It should be noted that his masters is from a College that does awards based on passing exams, not exams and a thesis. However one can look at his dissertationf one has access.

Yes he has science degrees. Neither of which are applicable to evolution, or the age of the earth being determined. This is a significant point. I as a Chemist (to PhD level) and Biochemist (to Bachelors level) who minored in Statistics, am more qualified to talk about the age of the earth than he is. Along with several other posters here.

You can go on and on, trying to assassinate the character of the man, but copping to a degree, that this ensures you know anything better, whatsoever, is a smoke screen, nonsense. I would never denigrate education, believe in education, but it doesn't matter what degree a person has, if that person is pig-headed adament their theory must prevail. For instance, history proves how all medical "science" scoffed Pasteur, the very foolishness that doctors should wash their hands, nothing but oppositon to the man: they made Pasteur a pariah and laughing stock, and they were all dead wrong. Period. It neither matters what degree you have, if your texts are all wrong: that just means you're ever more deluded, by junk science, the deeper in, the more you're drowning in it. The vastly educated physicians of Egypt prescribed packing a wound with excrement. If you saw Egyptian medical texts, you'd wonder that anybody survived Egyptian doctors, and you're just an Egyptian evolutionist.

Education is a measure of the ability to learn, is teaching a person how to learn, to keep learning and to critically think, which the man in the video well does. A lay person can apply themselves to learning anything, use the same books as a university, a great mind even discover things you'd die never conceiving, while you're insisting the junk pumped into you as a Freshman is like the gospel, all your life, never growing, never reconsidering anything, your very pig-headedness preempting you from seeing truth, because you're the one brainwashed, by a cult of Godlessness. Junk science simply produces junk thinkers, nothing useful in reality. Your argument is hot air, and evidence that you, and all of you, apparently don't have point by point refutations of the man in the video, more plausible explanations, than a man that has a lot of answers, not just a lot of atheistic hot air and mindless character assassination.

When you have to resort to shooting the messenger, attacking your opponent, you've lost the debate, as a matter of fact. This is not adult, is not worthy. It's, actually, ridiculous, for somebody to say I have this or that degree, therefore you're wrong. What possible reason should anybody, in an anonymous forum, believe you're not, in fact, a psychology dropout or something, just a liar? You have proven just what? You've offered a lot of vain blather, and no proof the man in the video is wrong about anything, that you're highly educated no evidence, have not addressed anything, but that you're a legend in your own mind, for this reason we should trust you. Makes sense to me.

Lastly, there are more horse's asses, with a Phd, that were present at the Little Big Horn. I've known a lot of them, and know how they've, in fact, got nothing, don't fancy arguing with me, as much as I like pointing out the emporer has no clothes. It's sad, sometimes you just want to say, "Just say duh, and let's go to lunch."

Since dudes like you are like vampires and holy water, when it comes to mentioning God, let's try an old saying, not in Bible scripture: "Put up, or shutup." Start with telling everybody where the matter that big banged came from, Einstein in thine own mind. Try actually offering something, other than, "All Cretans are liars. I know, because I'm a Cretan."
edit on 8-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Wording.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

I am not trying to assassinate his character. I am stating the facts, that he is not qualified to speak on the subject with any level of credibility. Like every other Creationist, he can not apply scientific method to disprove it. Its quite simple, he can either prove God did it, or disprove evolution via experimental methods. Either, either, or.

So it is not an assasination of his character, it is pointing out he is not qualified.

You did a wonderful Gish Gallop in your post. It was full of so many non sequitur, you probably gave yourself a hernia.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
I am stating the facts, that he is not qualified to speak on the subject with any level of credibility.

You are saying because he does not have a degree in a particular field that he can not form a credible opinion? Research should be judged by the empirical evidence presented and the conclusions it makes. If anything, you would expect new groundbreaking ideas to come from researchers outside the particular field, because they do not have tunnel vision regarding the contemporary dogma.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

He has shown that he is incapable of speaking to the evidence. As with the rest of you fundamentalists, you ignore or dismiss the data. I am willing to admit that there is a possibility (no matter how small) deity is in the mix. However there is no evidence, hence I can not discount or prove it. QED, it is not anything more than a small possibility. I can and have however looked at the data for evolution (and yes done some of the experiments), the evidence can be tested.

Thus, someone can follow the data. BUT if he refutes it, he has to refute the data, and show that he is credible in doing so.

So no, if he has no training in the field, he can't be taken more seriously or equally seriously as researchers. UNLESS he follows the methodology.

A religious fundamentalist getting upset of "dogma" is amusing. Just like your own claims of being a chemist and Neurosciencist (I am still waiting on you showing that is the truth, not fancy stories)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If you think earth was created as it is today, in the same density, you're not worth talking to.

Some have insight, not the rock worshippers..

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

is this guy actually being paid to explain why the earth is less than 4.5 billion years old?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

is this guy actually being paid to explain why the earth is less than 4.5 billion years old?

Yea, everybody can use some money.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join