It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Mystery of the Trinity…?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

No.. they lacked understanding because they didn't believe he was who he said he was...

The son of God... not God in the fiesh...

Yet they equated that to being God... and considered it blasphemy, which it was not

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

And even if I did have an answer to it and I posted it…Ats would just spend the next 30 pages trying to dissect it lol rather than putting there own thoughts across about what they believe the mystery is etc…

Anyway, It’s up to others to post what they believe the mystery is, that’s what my OP is asking…

So, you're admitting that you don't have the answer and you're looking for explanations from others to explain it for you because your answer is a complete cop-out.

Since when do others have the ability to "dissect" anyone else's beliefs without giving away their own, as you just did? People would be more than happy to share their thoughts on this even if you expressed your own opinion.

Obviously, the mystery is the lack of understanding of what's written, as it hasn't been revealed to them through the power of God's Holy Spirit. Something that has persisted since the days of the Pharisees. Nothing new or a real mystery in that.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Originally posted by whereislogic
Doesn't matter, Isaiah 44:6 is talking about Israel's redeemer (NW: "Repurchaser"). There's no mention of Jesus in any way shape or form (not talking about just by name).

Originally posted by whereislogic
It's not talking about God's redeemer/Repurchaser, Jehovah is both Israel's King and Repurchaser. It all gets a lot easier to spot once one stops replacing "Jehovah" with "the LORD" or reading it like that (see bible references further below, that's what I'm actually referring to here, Exodus and Jeremiah, which show that Jehovah is Israel''s Repurchaser so one doesn't have to doubt who the "his" at Isaiah 44:6 is referring to).

So what your saying is that Trinitarians have completely misinterpreted those verses in Isaiah 44.6.

Thanks…

I always wondered what the JW view on that verse was…I guess now I know…

Anyway, what is the mystery or the truth of the Trinity in your opinion…?

- JC

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You keep telling yourself that. In the meanwhile, Jesus knew exactly where they lacked understanding and this is one of the things that obviously ranked at the top of the list...

Mark 12:28-29

28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Right... and he quotes the Shema for that very reason...

ONE God... not three in one... not three equals one...

There is no trinity in Judaism... and Jesus was a jew... who never heard of a trinity... and the same goes for all of his followers... even Paul

Christians are the ones that have it all twisted because of multiple councils over a few hundred years

which is the same church the rail against millennia after the fact

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

And even if I did have an answer to it and I posted it…Ats would just spend the next 30 pages trying to dissect it lol rather than putting there own thoughts across about what they believe the mystery is etc…

Anyway, It’s up to others to post what they believe the mystery is, that’s what my OP is asking…

So, you're admitting that you don't have the answer and you're looking for explanations from others to explain it for you because your answer is a complete cop-out.

Since when do others have the ability to "dissect" anyone else's beliefs without giving away their own, as you just did? People would be more than happy to share their thoughts on this even if you expressed your own opinion.

Obviously, the mystery is the lack of understanding of what's written, as it hasn't been revealed to them through the power of God's Holy Spirit. Something that has persisted since the days of the Pharisees. Nothing new or a real mystery in that.

LOL

The Mystery is you don't know yourself.

youtube
edit on 2-8-2018 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

There is no trinity in Judaism... and Jesus was a jew... who never heard of a trinity.

Jesus came to start his own church, so he wasn't a "Jew" even though he was born among them.

Matthew 16:16-18

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I’ve admitted to nothing lol

The thing is though, everyone will have some position on the Trinity and varying degrees of knowledge in and around the subject, including me.

I just don’t want to have my own opinions take centre stage or be the main focal point, which would detract from other peoples opinions from getting heard and discussed.

Anyway, since when does the person asking the questions, have to know all the answers…?

- JC

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

There is no trinity in Judaism... and Jesus was a jew... who never heard of a trinity.

Jesus came to start his own church, so he wasn't a "Jew" even though he was born among them.

Matthew 16:16-18

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Right...

Born among them.... studied their material... knew it by heart...

Taught in their temples from the same material...

Worshiped their God... at least according to Christians

Hate to say it but again... You people are the ones who have it wrong...

He was a jew... did not believe in a triune God, nor was he a part of said non-existent trinity

And thanks for reinforcing my point... Notice what peter said?

SON of God...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

LOL

youtube

LOL! What's even funnier is the fact that this video backs up everything I've been saying, so I don't know why you think what I'm saying is any different. Do you care to explain why you have different "ears to hear"?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Thanks for confirming for us AGAIN, why you're not capable of understanding what you read in the Bible. It's a "mystery" isn't it? The Holy Spirit is the only one who is capable of giving people "ears to hear". Another reason why Jesus spoke in parables and a lot of people don't understand what they read or hear.

Mark 4:9

9 And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

LOL

youtube

LOL! What's even funnier is the fact that this video backs up everything I've been saying, so I don't know why you think what I'm saying is any different. Do you care to explain why you have different "ears to hear"?

What are you talking about? I've not addressed you at all, except to copy your response.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

LOL...

Because i disagree with Christian doctrine, i don't understand it... sure

Spent many years studying said material, and all the material around it... so ya i understand it completely

Which is exactly why i tell you there is NO trinity...

Believe whatever floats your boat though... the trinity is a lie

Interestingly enough... Jesus spoke about a narrow path, and a wide gate...

Trinitarian Christianity is the most abundant religion on the planet.... coincidence??

LOL Im afraid not.... the trinity is the greatest stumbling block to ever hit what became Christianity

and you're all completely blind to it because you've been taught it your entire lives

but sure... i don't know anything

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Because i disagree with Christian doctrine, i don't understand it.

Very true, which is exactly why you don't understand it.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

What are you talking about? I've not addressed you at all, except to copy your response.

Since you copied my post and didn't specifically call out Joe, I assumed you were speaking to me. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

oh i understand it...

Which is why i abandoned the church when i figured it out...

Turn your messiah into an idol though... matters not to me

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo

That was rather “rough” lol, after all, you did copy his post…

I assume you’re addressing me…But like I said to Determined…

“…since when does the person asking the questions, have to know all the answers…?”

- JC

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Since you copied my post and didn't specifically call out Joe, I assumed you were speaking to me. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

All is well, thank you for clearing that up. Blessed Be.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

Originally posted by DaphneApollo

That was rather “rough” lol, after all, you did copy his post…

I assume you’re addressing me…But like I said to Determined…

“…since when does the person asking the questions, have to know all the answers…?”

- JC

This is absolutely a shame. If you are going to posit a question, please know what you yourself are talking about.

Now, love one another as Christ advised his followers to do. I've let it go and realized why I don't participate in religious threads any longer and won't anymore.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The mystery is why do you believe this stuff?

My initial reaction as well, but the thing is, this is the religion, faith, and theology forum, so these folks who believe have a right to discuss it without being hassled by those of us who think it's complete nonsense. If this were in the Mud Pit or some other forum, this would be fair game, but it's not. This one of those live and let live scenarios where it does not matter whether you agree. We are not required to post here and arguing the objective reality of these issues is really beside the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join