It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black On Black Violence...Where's The Outrage?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I watched a video on Facebook today, that really hit home with me. It's on a topic that I often think about, while watching news coverage of a protest, that arose because of the shooting of a black person by a cop. First, let me state, that I know that racism still exists in America. It's unfortunate and sad that people in a civilized society, still disrespect each other because of race. It's one thing to have negative views and opinions, over a person who's a criminal and does bad things, but why have these views because of a person's race and/or skin color? People often use the excuse, that it's because a certain race commits the most crime, or are associated with gangs and drugs. If that's the case, then everybody would live in a state of paranoia and that's no way to live. We should judge people based on their actions, not by their race, skin color or occupation, yet how many times do we hear a person state that all cops are racists? How many times have we heard someone state that all whites are Nazis? How many times do we hear someone state that all Muslims are terrorists? Every single day in America, an act of violence is caused because of racism. Some people get so fed up and outraged over acts of violence, caused by racism, that they protest. However, shouldn't we be against all types of violence, no matter what the cause? Americans should be vehemently against racism, but we should also stand up against any type of injustice or violence that rears it's ugly head in our society.

The following video is about that outrage. It's about protesting against racism and violence. This video was made by a black man, while driving his car. He was outraged, over the shooting death of a young black girl, because of drugs. He questions why BLM and black leaders in our country, don't protest over the deaths caused by black on black violence. He wonders why BLM and black leaders, don't protest in neighborhoods riddled by drug dealers, or gang bangers. Where's the outrage over this? I often think the same thing, while watching a protest for the shooting death of a black person by a cop. Often times it's because the person charged the cop with a weapon, or displayed a gun, or resisted arrest...but these things don't matter. It's usually because a white cop killed a black person. People protest, because they think the shooting was racially motivated, even if the facts prove that is wasn't. The black community feel that black people get shot by the police, more than white people, but what's the reason? CRIME:

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

But it is true that a disproportionate amount of murders and other violent crimes are committed by black Americans. Because detailed FBI data on crime can lag by several years, the most-cited statistics on this point refer to 2009 data. According to that data, out of all violent crimes in which someone was charged, black Americans were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the country’s 75 biggest counties — despite the fact that black Americans made up just 15 percent of the population in those places.

“Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force,” wrote Heather Mac Donald, a conservative researcher, in a Wall Street Journal column headlined “The Myths of Black Lives Matter”

“Blacks are three times as likely to be killed by cops as are whites, on a per-capita basis,” Peter Moskos, a former Baltimore police officer and criminal justice researcher at John Jay College of Criminal Justice told the New York Times last April. “But part of that is because of crime in predominantly black neighborhoods.”

www.washingtonpost.com... 1d894

Even if these statistics are inaccurate, shouldn't members of the black community be just as outraged over the crime and violence that occur in minority communities? People who live in these communities, admit that drugs and gangs, are the reason for this violence, but are often afraid to speak up or "snitch" on someone, for fear of retaliation. The black gentleman, who made the following video, wants to know why there's no outrage over this type of violence, that plagues minority communities around the country. If BLM and black leaders started to protest in these troubled communities, wouldn't the violence dissipate? I know there are people who'll make up excuses and say that black people can't find jobs, blah, blah, blah. What about the black adults who grew up in these communities who ignored the drug trade and gangs? What about those who went to school everyday, because the parents were responsible and cared about their kid's future? What about those who went on to college, or trade school and found good paying jobs, because they applied themselves? What about all the grants,scholarships and financial aid that are available for minority students? There are opportunities for everyone, regardless of race, if people choose to work hard and stay focused on becoming successful.

edit on 7/25/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You must watch more CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, you are not allowed to think, remember....
'American voters are stupid as sh*t, CNN'

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

There is outrage but the media refuses to show it...I work in a pretty diverse group and there is outrage and sadness that this continues.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
A.A./Blacks are 13% of the U.S. population but commit 78% of the murders. Mostly against each other.

If it "spills over" into non-Black neighborhoods, it gets addressed by the police.
edit on 7/25/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Most people are fine with it. Truth hurts and you deny, but you know.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If all you are doing is reading/watching reactionary reports and reactionary biased rightists websites, then yeah, you won't see the outrage

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

edit on 25-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

EASY!!!

There is a VAST difference between a criminal commiting a murder then being prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law..

And the state executing someone for not flawlessly following orders the instant they are commanded to do so. Then the state official who murdered the civilian being treated as a hero who did the right thing..

That isn’t rocket science.. how people fall for the garbage “well why arnt people mad when criminals kill people, but they are mad when the state does..”

BECAUSE THEY ARE CRIMINALS!! Lol
edit on 25-7-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Lol only ones who are stupid enough to believe that ...

A) all the media, scientists , unions , celebrities, exc are all in a vast conspiracy to discredit conservatives..

B) “they are comming to get your guns” when literally no politician in American history has ever even proposed it..

C) that all the scientists are in a vast conspiracy to fake climate change..

D) Shiria law is comming to America..

E) that if you falsely accuse someone of being a racist. Then that makes you a racist.. ignoring completely that racism has an actual definition..

I could go on..

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Where did you get that 78% of murders are committed by blacks??

Or is it that 78% of blacks murdered are by blacks . Just like 78% of whites that are murdered are murdered by whites???

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Um, well, there seems to be some outrage in the video you posted... from a Black guy no less.

But the truth is that there are many people and groups addressing the Black-on-Black violence raging in inner cities. They don't get much attention though. Not from the media and not from the people.

Nor do the numerous reports from LEOs all over the country and in various departments that they are ordered to target Black folks. Again and again. And when cops aren't looking for any criminals except BLACK criminals, then of course crime rates are going to reflect that. But not much outrage 'bout that.

Nor does the very well researched and documented facts that inner cities have huge lead poisoning problems AND that lead poisoning impairs cognitive function and increases violence. I have posted such links many many times over the years. Not much outrage 'bout that either.

Seems to me that the problem is well known and understood. It's just the will to deal with the root causes and implement real solutions that is the problem.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What is Shiria law ?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
A.A./Blacks are 13% of the U.S. population but commit 78% of the murders. Mostly against each other.

It's actually more like 53% and 6% of the population, since it's most men.

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Where did you get that 78% of murders are committed by blacks??

Or is it that 78% of blacks murdered are by blacks . Just like 78% of whites that are murdered are murdered by whites???

No, 93% of blacks are murdered by blacks, while its 87% for white people. Black men actually kill more whites than vice versa.
edit on 25-7-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Outrage?

Maybe you should watch "The Wire" or "Atlanta" to get another look at black artists speaking to blacks and being outspoken and addressing the problem.

edit on 25-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Well that's not entirely accurate...it continues in the poorer neighborhoods because there is a cod of silence that is part of some of the poorer communities. Nobody wants to have to testify in front of grand jury when the people watching the trial might be in the gang you are testifying against...so for those brave few who do go this route often end up in very life threatening situation..imagine walking out everyday of your house knowing you just testified against a gang member that is embedded in your community. Would you feel safe? Think the cops can protect you and your loved ones? In a nutshell there is only so much to address if you don't have witnesses or good evidence..

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

There is outrage but the media refuses to show it...I work in a pretty diverse group and there is outrage and sadness that this continues.

Yes the tripe being peddled is that blacks aren't outraged by crimes committed by other blacks, or it's ok.
Yet the very black guy in the video is speaking against it...

Simply because some protest the human rights aspects of social relations and dont protest crimes spawned by criminal activity, must mean blacks love black on black crime etc.

I would love to see protest against local crimes get the same TV time as protests against police shootings, but it wouldn't be good for business.

I use to share that ignorance in thinking AA dont protest crimes within their circles until I did a little more research.

But baseless facts, much like pointless protests, get more stars and TV time than truth and meaningful marches
edit on 25-7-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Oh, never mind
edit on 25/7/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The op has asked the question why there is no outrage about black on black violence. And it is a fair thought and question that should be answered.

The simplest answer is that we as a society, have grown used to it. We have seen it all, and thus, what is another black on black crime, but a statistic that does not get as much attention on any level. And the opposite of white on black crimes are more shocking, not that we have not seen such before, but it contradicts the idea that we have moved beyond the past, of where racism was more common place and accepted.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: chrismarco

Yes the tripe being peddled is that blacks aren't outraged by crimes committed by other blacks, or it's ok.
Yet the very black guy in the video is speaking against it...

Simply because some protest the human rights aspects of social relations and dont protest crimes spawned by criminal activity, must mean blacks love black on black crime etc.

I would love to see protest against local crimes get the same TV time as protests against police shootings, but it wouldn't be good for business.

I use to share that ignorance in thinking AA dont protest crimes within their circles until I did a little more research.

But baseless facts, much like pointless protests, get more stars and TV time than truth and meaningful marches

You have to be either deaf, dumb, or blind to think there is the same level of outrage at the senseless day to day violence in the black community.

I'm black. I don't recall ever seeing riots to stop gang violence. I have seen riots though over known thugs getting shot by police. I rarely ever see bojangling race hustlers like Deray McKesson, Shawn King, Angela Rye, Michael Eric Dyson, Marc Lamont Hill, or any of these jack leg pastors ever rallying or sitting on MSNBC crying about black on black violence.

I've seen a hand full of protest. A few rap songs... to quickly be replaced by the latest and greats hood anthem glorifying hustling and violence.

I remember a couple of years ago when an 8 year old boy was lured away at a basketball court, tortured and murdered by a rival gang trying to get back at his thug father. There was some outrage at the brutality of it, but no riots. No snitching. If the community actually gave a damn, they would have actually strung up the father for even putting his kid in that kind of situation instead of setting up GoFund me accounts. But of course, George Zimmerman would get death threats...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

People are still spewing excuses and not answering the question. If BLM and black community leaders did start protesting in crime prone, drug and gang-ridden minority communities, it would make the local and national news.We're not seeing it on the news, because it ain't happening folks, just like the black man in the video was saying. nuff said!
edit on 7/25/2018 by shawmanfromny because: spelling

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join